Ravens: lose a week of OTAs

kobebryant

Reaction score
Meh.

Hawks have had this come down on them. May be worth it in all honesty if the Hawks toughness relative to 90% of the league is any indication.

mrt144

Reaction score
kobebryant":26gmf5c8 said:
Meh.

Hawks have had this come down on them. May be worth it in all honesty if the Hawks toughness relative to 90% of the league is any indication.

Naw.

Youd have a hell of a time proving that among all the confounding factors this is one that made a difference.

To suggest without proof or evidence that this undoubtedly helped i dont think the object lesson is break rules now pay later, nor should it be.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Seahawks lost a day for being too aggressive, didn't they? I remember hearing an interview where Pete was annoyed and wished he could get that time back, so it might not be too much of a badge of honour.

A week of practice is a tough loss.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":m9ihq22p said:
I'll add, the team was fined north of 300k and coach north of 100k in addition to the lost week of practice.
Ouch. Then again if my competition is Pittsburgh I'd try any risky move I could get away with. That team is going to be scary this season. Going to be fun watching New England and Brady get crushed by their own game finally.

Huckleberry. ;)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
You get what you deserve. Of course, this only matters if their turnip flavored corn popsicle stays frozen in January.

Boysenberries

mrt144

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":h68vd9bi said:
pmedic920":h68vd9bi said:
I'll add, the team was fined north of 300k and coach north of 100k in addition to the lost week of practice.
Ouch. Then again if my competition is Pittsburgh I'd try any risky move I could get away with. That team is going to be scary this season. Going to be fun watching New England and Brady get crushed by their own game finally.

Huckleberry. ;)

Why? Would you similarly do a rain dance to cure a drought because people occasionally try it out and rain occasionally comes?

kidhawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":325mwief said:
Seahawks lost a day for being too aggressive, didn't they? I remember hearing an interview where Pete was annoyed and wished he could get that time back, so it might not be too much of a badge of honour.

A week of practice is a tough loss.

Yes, I believe the techincal violation was for contact during no contact drills and I believe it stemmed from a publicized fight that broke out. Wasn't really anything the team and coaches can do to stop things like that, but it is a violation so we got a slap on the wrist. Sounds like the Ravens violation was due to the team/coaching staff purposely breaking the rules, so they were hit much harder.