Bruce Irvin makes an overrated list

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't browse NFL Nation forum if you don't care about other teams and players.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smellyman":2hwqt6bw said:
Maybe you shouldn't browse NFL Nation forum if you don't care about other teams and players.
I care and I'm totally within my rights to hate...next? Just so I get it right....you like the Raiders and follow a player we'll face every 4 years? Just asking for clarification given I watch the AFC and the AFCW every day....all 365 of them.

I figure the only worse AFC area to live in would be Boston or Pittsburgh what do you expect? Kansas City is a legacy team and now that Peyton is gone it's all about the Chiefs and Raiders like it always has been since time began. It's back to normal in the AFCW and it wsy past time for it since we left it and actually screwed both of them on a regular basis.

It's pretty much the same vibe that the NFCW has now that the Rams are in Los Angeles like they should be. Yes they're losers just like San Francisco while watching the Seahawks become the next legacy team. But that isn't the point.

IrishNW

Reaction score
How is Bruce Irvin overrated? No one is mistaking him for Von Miller. He's an average player that makes splash plays in small games and disappears in big games. Don't get me wrong I loved Bruce but the dude never lived up to the hype. He was far from a bust though.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
My thoughts but too. Overpaid? Maybe, probably even. Over hyped? There's hype?

rideaducati

Reaction score
You tricked us. I was expecting a list of overrated players made by Bruce Irvin not an overrated players list with Bruce Irvin on it. Boring.

ctrcat

Reaction score
IrishNW":w73eiqhv said:
How is Bruce Irvin overrated? No one is mistaking him for Von Miller. He's an average player that makes splash plays in small games and disappears in big games. Don't get me wrong I loved Bruce but the dude never lived up to the hype. He was far from a bust though.

Zero doubt whatsoever that replacing him with a random JAG would have meant less wins vs the Panthers from 2012-2014. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... am-newton/. Irvin may or may not have been inconsistent, but has a very unique skill set.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
rideaducati":2qdte0a2 said:
You tricked us. I was expecting a list of overrated players made by Bruce Irvin not an overrated players list with Bruce Irvin on it. Boring.

^

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":d0nztfrr said:
Me 2

kobebryant

Reaction score
You're worth whatever the league is willing to pay you. Coaches, gms, and peers often have significantly different opinions on players than the public does.

kearly

Reaction score
I would put him on an under-rated list based on the perception of his play. He was very good even in the games without the splash plays.

He is over-paid, but that is different from being over-rated.

rideaducati":2nvswvbh said:

That would be awesome.

Own The West

Reaction score
Eh, not much of an article. The guy claims he's overrated because of his sack total. Not his job on this defense...

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Laloosh":2fp2qdg8 said:
rideaducati":2fp2qdg8 said:
Me 2

Smart asses!!!

IrishNW

Reaction score
ctrcat":1jcjwk30 said:
IrishNW":1jcjwk30 said:

Zero doubt whatsoever that replacing him with a random JAG would have meant less wins vs the Panthers from 2012-2014. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... am-newton/. Irvin may or may not have been inconsistent, but has a very unique skill set.

Very true, for whatever reason Bruce always seemed to ball out vs Cam Newton.

I still stand by my opinion though