Coleman Charged

Laloosh

Reaction score
Saw that. My daughter was pretty bummed as she was a Coleman fan. Good teaching moment though.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If "spice" is what I think it is...I don't know how anyone would think they could drive on that stuff. It's probably safer to drive after drinking 12 beers.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully others take a lesson from this and stop 'spicing and driving', but you know that the rest are certain this couldn't happen to them. Just like all drunk drivers are certain that they are the ones that can still drive just fine.

pmedic920

Reaction score
fenderbender123":16iula66 said:
If "spice" is what I think it is...I don't know how anyone would think they could drive on that stuff. It's probably safer to drive after drinking 12 beers.

Kush, K2, Spice and many other names.
I deal with people that are in it almost every shift.
It's truly evil and the people that are producing and selling it should get the death penalty.

It's a law enforcement nightmare and it's killing people, putting kids in comas and causing irreversible psychosis.

Anybody that uses it, is at risk of losing their mind, literally.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1aat98q9 said:
fenderbender123":1aat98q9 said:

It's truly evil and the people that are producing and selling it should get the death penalty.

It's a law enforcement nightmare and it's killing people, putting kids in comas and causing irreversible psychosis.

I know some who tried it in the early days after it came out and they did it because of drug tests for weed ect that they only did on weekends.There are different levels of how high you get depending on brand.The higher levels if you were to do it like a weed joint you could have a OD type scenerio.I agree this stuff isn't the way to go but I understand why some do it and it's not because they prefer to and not everyone likes alcohol.I think also you have lumped in bath salts with Synthetic weed and there is a big big difference between both.The worst I have seen with synthetic is a panic attack which I have also seen with good weed,not really any different.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1gb5e70a said:
I know some who tried it in the early days after it came out and they did it because of drug tests for weed ect that they only did on weekends.There are different levels of how high you get depending on brand.The higher levels if you were to do it like a weed joint you could have a OD type scenerio.I agree this stuff isn't the way to go but I understand why some do it and it's not because they prefer to and not everyone likes alcohol.I think also you have lumped in bath salts with Synthetic weed and there is a big big difference between both.The worst I have seen with synthetic is a panic attack which I have also seen with good weed,not really any different.

I'm no chemistry expert but........

The stuff that's being sold today is not the same product that it was back in the day.
Most states made those original formulas illegal, and in response, the manufacturers changed things up by a molecule or two.
This is a cat/mouse game and has happened many times over the years. They are trying to stay one step ahead of the law by making the current mix not technically illegal.

I'm not discounting you're experiences but mine are much different than you describe and I see it almost daily.
Panic attacks, sure I see those but that's where the untoward side effects start not where they end. Trust me or don't, they get much worse.
I'll reiterate, anybody that uses this stuff, is putting life as they know it and their ability to live it, at risk.
Anybody using this stuff to protect a job is an absolute moron, they are putting a job ahead of their life.
I'd put this in the same category of stupid as "huffing" paint or gasoline, and Russian Roulette.

I truly hope that DC has learned from this mishap and never touches the stuff again.

As always, it's just my opinion based on what I see.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":12c48bnd said:
Cyrus12":12c48bnd said:
since there is not much else happening in the football world or at least on this site I came across this....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15935 ... lt-hit-run
As a big Coleman fan I'm bummed but let's let the man have his day in court before letting a bunch of accusations fly.
Accusations? He admitted to the police he smoked synthetic marijuana. Who was accusing him other than himself?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, Coleman went to the Aldon Smith level of dumb with that incident.

Very well may cost him his career. It's self inflicted, which is a shame since he overcame so much being deaf and making the NFL and playing on a Super Bowl winning team. Hopefully he gets his life straightened out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":3uyktzqe said:
MizzouHawkGal":3uyktzqe said:
Cyrus12":3uyktzqe said:
since there is not much else happening in the football world or at least on this site I came across this....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15935 ... lt-hit-run
As a big Coleman fan I'm bummed but let's let the man have his day in court before letting a bunch of accusations fly.
Accusations? He admitted to the police he smoked synthetic marijuana. Who was accusing him other than himself?
I know you're right. it just disappoints mw. I still have Britt, Lockett, Richardson and Lawson to pull for.

soohawk

Reaction score
its embarrassing that they tag that shit with the term marijuana. i am disgusted by the marketing of this deadly substance and the fact the government tries but is unsuccessful in their effort to eliminate these by products from the market. Seems pretty reasonable that if people will risk killing themselves to ingest this stuff, that regular old natural organic cannabis should be available to consenting adults who wish to indulge. Now as an nfl player their is a large financial consequence to imbibing but for the general public its time for the games to stop and think about the health of your communities. Society has always had a desire to indulge in this that or the other thing but in regards to marijuana its taboo against the law position has detrimentally affected the well being of too many people to count.

Coleman is an idiot for ingesting this stuff and then driving and nearly killing someone. Hope he has a good lawyer and a sympathetic judge for his sake

jkitsune

Reaction score
pmedic920":2op389an said:
fenderbender123":2op389an said:

I've had far too many patients in the hospital that have used it. To be clear, 'spice' is actually a category of drugs and not one specific chemical. Users have essentially no way of knowing what chemical they are ingesting, and the manufacturers have no idea what the potential harms are (nor do they care). I've seen many young kids' lives ruined by it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
pmedic920":ka5re7mi said:
IndyHawk":ka5re7mi said:

I'm no chemistry expert but........

The stuff that's being sold today is not the same product that it was back in the day.
Most states made those original formulas illegal, and in response, the manufacturers changed things up by a molecule or two.
This is a cat/mouse game and has happened many times over the years. They are trying to stay one step ahead of the law by making the current mix not technically illegal.

This is accurate. "Spice" does not refer to one specific chemical, but to a variety of synthetic chemicals that are all essentially small chemical alterations in order to stay ahead of laws. When someone offers you spice, you could be receiving any number of hundreds to thousands of different chemicals. They are produced and sold on the street without any real idea of what the effects will be, other than that they will be intoxicating. They are actually properly called "synthetic cannabinoids" ONLY because they are chemically similar to natural chemicals in marijuana. They are not, otherwise, similar to marijuana on a chemical level in any way, and can be FAR more dangerous. Not all "spice" is the same. Some are milder than others. I work in emergency rooms and inpatient units, and have seen many, many very severe reactions to it, including permanent, severe, violent psychosis (6 months after use).

"Bath salts" are very similar to "spice," except that bath salts are synthetic cathinones. They are chemically related to the stimulant found in khat plants, as opposed to cannabinoids in marijuana. They are ALSO extremely dangerous for the same reasons listed above.

If you're going to use, you're much better off using actual marijuana.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jkitsune":1cwwahwc said:
If you're going to use, you're much better off using actual marijuana.
Let's see, Mother Nature put marijuana on the planet and Spice and bath salts are man made synthetic stuff. Um yeah, I'll go with Mother Nature thank you.

And as soohawk said above:...........regular old natural organic cannabis should be available to consenting adults who wish to indulge...........its time for the games to stop and think about the health of your communities. Society has always had a desire to indulge in this that or the other thing but in regards to marijuana its taboo against the law position has detrimentally affected the well being of too many people to count.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The synthetic weed thing hits close to home, my own father on the shit even when weed is legal. Seeing it's effects over the last year and some change is crazy. He's really not the same person, and eventually you give up because he doesn't see the effects and won't listen and quit. Cold hearted? Maybe but that's how I am.

He's had a cough that he blame on "allergies", didn't have it before the K2, walks weird, mannerisms are just that of someone on drugs, that shit is awful. If you know anyone on that shit do all you can because they're ruining themselves.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qfyhwub said:
The synthetic weed thing hits close to home, my own father on the shit even when weed is legal. Seeing it's effects over the last year and some change is crazy. He's really not the same person, and eventually you give up because he doesn't see the effects and won't listen and quit. Cold hearted? Maybe but that's how I am.

He's had a cough that he blame on "allergies", didn't have it before the K2, walks weird, mannerisms are just that of someone on drugs, that shit is awful. If you know anyone on that shit do all you can because they're ruining themselves.

Wow Dude, that really sucks for your dad, you and the rest of your family.

I hope he stays relatively healthy until he sees the light and stops.
Unfortunately, there will most likely be pieces of him that you will never get back, even if he stops now.

I honestly wish that I could do or say something that would help.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":1bescng0 said:
Throwdown":1bescng0 said:

Wow Dude, that really sucks for your dad, you and the rest of your family.

I hope he stays relatively healthy until he sees the light and stops.
Unfortunately, there will most likely be pieces of him that you will never get back, even if he stops now.

I honestly wish that I could do or say something that would help.
Likewise. You have my sincerest sympathies Throw. Lost my brother to alcohol years ago and then lost him permanently at age 56 about a year back from 25 years of alcohol abuse combined with 45 years of smoking cigarettes. And I get what you're saying, for your own emotional health you do eventually give up. The exception might be if he hurts someone you're close to. I pray for you and the rest of the family he gets sober and soon.