Eugene Monroe

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport is reporting on twitter that he'll likely either be traded or released by the Ravens this week. I wonder if the Hawks will kick the tires or if they're happy with Gilliam. (feel free to delete if this is being discussed elsewhere)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be doubtful.

Assuming we keep 9 or 10 OL, here's the current roster:

Gilliam
Glowinski
Britt
Ifedi
Webb

The rest of the cast:

Almost assured:

Odhiambo
Sokoli

On bubble:

Sowell
Maiava
Hunt
Lewis
Poole
Pericak
Schwenke

We have 14 guys. 7 of which are pretty locked in. Of the bubbles, two of those are OCs and one should be retained. So really there is at best 1 or 2 roster spots available for the remaining 6 guys.

I don't see them cutting all 6 of those guys to keep Monroe. Although cutting Sowell and adding Monroe could make sense as Sowell is a qualifying UFA who at this point is costing us a high 6th round comp pick for Mebane. Although I suspect he'd cost significantly more than Sowell's 1m salary.

Not even sure Monroe is a scheme fit. But speaking from a numbers perspective I would find it hard to imagine we're even willing to kick tires. We have plenty of developmental guys who really should be ready to emerge this training camp. Odds are good that one of the projects (Poole, Pericak, Schwenke) should be good enough to be the 8th or 9th guy. Assuming Sokoli eats the final roster spot like last year.

While we think we might have a ton of room -- the 90 man roster is already pretty filled out. There are going to be some guys in the 65-90 range on the roster that will make this team. Probably more than a few even. We're pretty stacked at OL and really don't have effective room to add a guy of the 'kick the tires' variety.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2deopcz1 said:
I'd be doubtful.

Assuming we keep 9 or 10 OL, here's the current roster:

Gilliam
Glowinski
Britt
Ifedi
Webb

The rest of the cast:

Almost assured:

Odhiambo
Sokoli

On bubble:

Sowell
Maiava
Hunt
Lewis
Poole
Pericak
Schwenke

We have 14 guys. 7 of which are pretty locked in.

I don't know about that. I'm really not seeing 7 names there that should feel locked in to any sense of job security.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
How did he play last year? Seems pretty drastic that they'd get rid of the guy like this if he was still any good.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":19o9ex3r said:
How did he play last year? Seems pretty drastic that they'd get rid of the guy like this if he was still any good.

Hes missed 15 games the last two seasons.

I don't take too much stock in the Seahawks being thrown around. We're going to be linked to every FA lineman.
Any real interest will be dependent on the contract he can currently demand.

On the other hand, the ravens do run a ZBS.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":12krbkmt said:
Jazzhawk":12krbkmt said:

I don't take too much stock in the Seahawks being thrown around. We're going to be linked to every FA lineman.

Oh, I put zero stock in the rumors and innuendo around all the players the Seahawks just HAVE to sign. I was just curious about this guy.

Rat

Reaction score
He'd provide insurance in the likely event that Gilliam sucks as much on the left side as he did on the right.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":343azsex said:
Basis4day":343azsex said:
Jazzhawk":343azsex said:

Oh, I put zero stock in the rumors and innuendo around all the players the Seahawks just HAVE to sign. I was just curious about this guy.

Sorry. Meant to quote the zetter's post in addition to yours.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is a perfect signing.

Isn't the rumor that he was released because of stuff he was writing about his stance that weed should be legal?

And isn't it legal here?

What is the problem then?

Considering our OL problems this shouldn't be a something you automatically dismiss if he could be a viable option.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Good thing we already signed the human turnstile J'Marcus Webb.

kobebryant

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1r9tu3e7 said:
He is a perfect signing.

Isn't the rumor that he was released because of stuff he was writing about his stance that weed should be legal?

And isn't it legal here?

What is the problem then?

Considering our OL problems this shouldn't be a something you automatically dismiss if he could be a viable option.

My understanding is that the release has more to do with performance/durability relative to the size of his contract, and the drafting of LT Ronnie Stanley.

Regardless of it being legal in Washington and Colorado, it is still stupidly and archaically considered a banned substance by the NFL.

Though Monroe's overall point regarding cannibus v pain killers is a good one.

chet380

Reaction score
29 yrs old, Number 8 overall in his draft year, no contract -- gotta have a look.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As per usual the Seahawks check out every legitimate potential positive addition to their roster as they leave no stone unturned.

Somehow I greatly doubt Monroe will be added here as he will want more than the team would pay.