Arizona Cardinals Have It All Wrapped Up!

dogorama

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I went to their forum and their confidence in the superiority of their team surprised me. Granted, they have a pretty good team but they quote articles saying they have the best personnel, a better draft, more depth, etc. etc. Personally I think they are in for a big surprise this year but I didn't feel any need to post. http://forums.azcardinals.com/forumdisp ... s-Football

HansGruber

Reaction score
Two words:

Carson Palmer.

Not one of those people seriously believe they are better at quarterback. And no matter what they say out loud, every one of them will be chewing their fingernails every time Old Man Palmer steps up to the center. That will continue to hamper any shot at a championship. I feel bad for them, always getting close but never getting that Lombardi. No need to go rub it in.

Tical21

Reaction score
Palmer was brilliant during the regular season. How he plays in the playoffs isn't nearly as important to us right now as how he plays in the regular season. We really want to win the division. We know we play them twice. Those are the two most important games on our schedule. That is how we take back the division. They're not going away this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":1x5rybdc said:
Palmer was brilliant during the regular season. How he plays in the playoffs isn't nearly as important to us right now as how he plays in the regular season. We really want to win the division. We know we play them twice. Those are the two most important games on our schedule. That is how we take back the division. They're not going away this year.

Good post. I've said it last year as well, but hoping another team's QB gets hurt, or to say it more correctly, relying on their QB to be injury prone isn't exactly a ringing endorsement in the confidence in your own team. Palmer was one of the best QB's in the league last year, and he was durable enough.

That said, he's never shown he can elevate his game in the post season. I think it is relevant to us if we meet them in the divisional round or the NFCCG.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawks46":2wq0qy5b said:
Tical21":2wq0qy5b said:

Good post. I've said it last year as well, but hoping another team's QB gets hurt, or to say it more correctly, relying on their QB to be injury prone isn't exactly a ringing endorsement in the confidence in your own team. Palmer was one of the best QB's in the league last year, and he was durable enough.

That said, he's never shown he can elevate his game in the post season. I think it is relevant to us if we meet them in the divisional round or the NFCCG.

I've never hoped or relied on Palmer getting injured. But he's only had one full healthy season in like the last decade. There is extremely little chance he stays healthy next season. That's a fact, and it's fully relevant when you are talking about one team being better than another.

Further, we completely spanked the Cardinals at home last season with Palmer healthy. And about half of our team injured, including okung, lynch, Graham, and others. It's silly to say they are better across the board when they got spanked the way they did against our backups.

endzorn

Reaction score
Every fan base is wildly overconfident in June...Seattle being no exception.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hey they have a good squad. and knocked us down a peg last year. They should be confident.

But im confident that we will win the division and knock them down this year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tical21":2hbwcpgg said:
The division is secondary. What really matters is the #1 seed in the NFC.

GO HAWKS!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dogorama":84jebzzr said:
Just out of curiosity I went to their forum and their confidence in the superiority of their team surprised me.

They were never even remotely threatened for the division title last year, and one could legitimatelly make the argument that if they weren't forced to play 10 games in 2014 starting their 2nd and 3rd string QBs they would have easily walked away with the division two years ago too (they started 9-1 and then dropped 5 of their last 7 because they were stuck with a banged up Drew friggin Stanton and a since unemployed Ryan Lindley).

It might not go their way this year, but they have every right to be confident.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Bah!...I hate new fans that haven't suffered enough to realize how fortunate we are to be considered a playoff team before the season.

We have our concerns on defense - Honey Badger coming off ACL tear, no clear CB2, turnover at safety (although I think that's a good thing), and the DC is in his second year - not certain if he will improve or regress. It's easy to clamor that drafting someone or expecting 'that guy' to really take off in year 2 or 3 somehow leads to a SuperBowl when you haven't watched seasons fall apart in the past (just look at the start of Seattle's season last year with Cary Williams).

Realistically, I think we are about a 10 win team right now and can likely get a wild card spot, at a minimum. The Seahawks are better, IMO, both in roster and consistency so far. I don't see LA or SF having a great season; and I don't see any other division in the NFC that will have a strong #2 to throw the #5 playoff seed into a tight competition. Anything can change, of course, but at least Cards fans have a reason for optimism to make the playoffs...just not quite so much delusion.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3s9xaxj7 said:
Bah!...I hate new fans that haven't suffered enough to realize how fortunate we are to be considered a playoff team before the season.

We have our concerns on defense - Honey Badger coming off ACL tear, no clear CB2, turnover at safety (although I think that's a good thing), and the DC is in his second year - not certain if he will improve or regress. It's easy to clamor that drafting someone or expecting 'that guy' to really take off in year 2 or 3 somehow leads to a SuperBowl when you haven't watched seasons fall apart in the past (just look at the start of Seattle's season last year with Cary Williams).

Realistically, I think we are about a 10 win team right now and can likely get a wild card spot, at a minimum. The Seahawks are better, IMO, both in roster and consistency so far. I don't see LA or SF having a great season; and I don't see any other division in the NFC that will have a strong #2 to throw the #5 playoff seed into a tight competition. Anything can change, of course, but at least Cards fans have a reason for optimism to make the playoffs...just not quite so much delusion.

Good post, don't get me wrong I think that the Cards are a very good, I was just surprised at the level of overconfidence. Hoping for an injury-free season for everyone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":37zvku14 said:

Assuming QB health, I think one game separates the teams at season's end. Hopefully the Hawks have the one more victory.

Crizilla

Reaction score
last year was supposed to be their year. Got demolished in NFC title game. I don't see Palmer staying healthy AND playing at that level again for ALL 16 games. I think they'll still compete for a playoff spot though. Both Carolina and ARZ will take a step back this year. Good news for the hawks.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3pmnlwjp said:
endzorn":3pmnlwjp said:
Every fan base is wildly overconfident in June...Seattle being no exception.
this^ most ppl here are calling for the hawks to go 19-0.

Not sure why you think that is overconfidence??????

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":kx683zji said:

I don't see my Rams really competing this year, but the major difference between Seattle/Arizona and us is QB play. If Goff has a good rookie year, we will surprise people.