StubHub & San Diego Chargers Help and Info needed

ivotuk

Reaction score
My buddy (here in Fairbanks) is a Charger fan and he's flying his young son to SD for the home opener.

Naturally he wants to get things set as early as possible, plane tickets, game tickets, etc. But the Chargers don't put single game tickets on sale until the end of July. So he's interested in StubHub, but neither he, nor I, know anything about them.

Are they legit? If you buy single game tickets from them, will they be valid come game day?

Are the prices reasonable, expected?

How do you get the tickets?

Do any of you have any pertinent information about going to games in San Diego such as getting to and from the game, good environments for children, food availability (bring your own, or buy inside) and costs. Getting there early, staying late benefits. Etc.

Thank you for helping out a fellow NFL fan, and I expect to be availing myself of StubHub some day too, so your helping your humble, neighborhood fan out also.

Ray :2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
I bought my tix for the SD game 2 years ago on the Chargers site and had no problem getting good seats. And that was their home opener, in 110 degree heat...UGH.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Largent80":1lp4d9gn said:
I bought my tix for the SD game 2 years ago on the Chargers site and had no problem getting good seats. And that was their home opener, in 110 degree heat...UGH.

Problem is, they don't start selling them until the end of July, and it saves my buddy money to get everything purchased now.

It's a good point that though that seats might be easier to obtain for a team that hasn't done very well recently. IIRC, even now everyone is picking KC and the Raiders over SD.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Would appreciate any information anyone can provide.

I will leave this topic here for a week or two, and then move it to the FAQ forum for future reference.

viewforum.php?f=13

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I work in ticketing and stubhub is always a crap shoot, it's is almost the online version of buying tickets from scalpers on the street. We always seem to have our fair share of issues with tickets with stubhub as NFL teams have a deal with Ticketmaster and are unable to re-print or exchange tickets bought on stubhub. If I were you and wanted legit and safe I would go through the Chargers ticket site or the NFL ticket exchange website. They may be more expensive, but you will surely run into far fewer if any issues.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you. It would be nice if the NFL didn't have a stranglehold on ticket sales. I think in the case of SD, they are hoping to sell more season tickets which is why they don't let go of single game tickets right now.

Own The West

Reaction score
I live here, so I got my tix 2 years ago on Craigslist.

Best way to get to the game is via the trolley. Traffic otherwise is painful and wrong.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
I have used StubHub multiple times for NFL, college football, and concerts.

Never had an issue (other than paying a little too much, but that's on me.)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":29u9kchv said:

Thank you DTex

DTexHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2o5g3kyl said:
DTexHawk":2o5g3kyl said:

Thank you DTex

Additional info I should have included.

I have received tickets electronically and by mail/ups.

Also have sold tickets on Stub hub for a concert where my plans changed and I couldn't attend.