Zurlon Tipton accidentally shoots himself

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but Tipton brought his car in for servicing and grabbed his bag out of his car. The bag had a loaded gun inside which discharged and shot him in the stomach.

Talk about bad luck... not sure why he was carrying a concealed loaded gun in his bag... maybe it was legal where he was?

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is a news worthy NFL topic.

Please do not post political opinions here.

There are valid political points, if you would like to discus those aspects of this topic, feel free to do so in the PWR forum.
Thank you for your cooperation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That's really sad. Doesn't the NFL educate rookies on things like this? Such as never, ever, ever put a round in the chamber?

Maybe they should try to convince them that they would be better off having a Tazer for self defense. A lot safer for the person involved, and those around him/her.

I just hope that others learn from this.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow this is really sad. I remember him because he was the Colts backup RB and I'd get angry when he would come on the field instead of my fantasy RB Frank Gore. Either way he was way too young to leave this world. RIP.

A

Anonymous

ivotuk":3u7dt1pm said:
That's really sad. Doesn't the NFL educate rookies on things like this? Such as never, ever, ever put a round in the chamber?

Maybe they should try to convince them that they would be better off having a Tazer for self defense. A lot safer for the person involved, and those around him/her.

If it is a hunting weapon, maybe not chambering is best.

When it comes to personal protection, I always have a round in the chamber. Then, the mag added back to full by that missing load, and the "safety" switch on.

The safety switch on, and the firearm stored out of harms way (to anyone but you) is the key. You always want your gun loaded and ready in a self-defense scenario. When the need arises, you wanna hit one small button and then squeeze the trigger. That extra.4 seconds it takes to load the weapon means you're already dead.

This particular weapon was mishandled and not properly prepared to be handled safely.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3qoimkz7 said:
ivotuk":3qoimkz7 said:

When it comes to personal protection, I always have a round in the chamber. Then, the mag added back to full by that missing load, and the "safety" switch on.

The safety switch on, and the firearm stored out of harms way (to anyone but you) is the key. You always want your gun loaded and ready in a self-defense scenario. When the need arises, you wanna hit one small button and then squeeze the trigger. That extra.4 seconds it takes to load the weapon means you're already dead.

This particular weapon was mishandled and not properly prepared to be handled safely.
Quite simply the safety was off. Be straightforward HH.

homerun1970

Reaction score
The gun culture amongst athletes is pretty rediculous at this point. If you wish to own guns you should at least be capable of safely handling them. It seems to be more about status than self defense with guns in the nfl. What is the point of a loaded and ready weapon if it is in a duffel? If it is for defense it sould be ready at hand not loaded and locked away in a trunk.Mistakes happen and it is sad that a young man lost his life over it, but if you are mature enough to own a gun at least be responsible.

A

Anonymous

MizzouHawkGal":21z4652y said:
HoustonHawk82":21z4652y said:
ivotuk":21z4652y said:

Quite simply the safety was off. Be straightforward HH.

Now Mizz, this is a message board that provides a platform for creative writing and extended thought. It's not a road-sign or a public restroom door.

If everything was written "straightforward" in our world, "War And Peace" would be pamphlet, not a novel.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2uhvt4ah said:
ivotuk":2uhvt4ah said:

Exactly.....know your equipment and understand the safety requirements of such. If you practice safety, it comes naturally even when in stressful situations.