Bradys Appeal Denied

HawkGA

Reaction score
Really does deserve to be denied. The court that ruled in his favor the first time screwed up. Courts are supposed to be impartial arbiters of contracts. The issue isn't whether Goodell is right or wrong to do what he did. The issue is whether or not he has the power. And he does. It's never good when judges start adjudicating to the outcomes they want rather than based on laws and contracts.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkGA":1x0xasno said:
Really does deserve to be denied. The court that ruled in his favor the first time screwed up. Courts are supposed to be impartial arbiters of contracts. The issue isn't whether Goodell is right or wrong to do what he did. The issue is whether or not he has the power. And he does. It's never good when judges start adjudicating to the outcomes they want rather than based on laws and contracts.

Pretty much this. But I will say that Brady does not deserve a 4 game suspension from Goodell. This whole football deflation fiasco has been blown way out of proportion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2p756i3m said:
HawkGA":2p756i3m said:

Pretty much this. But I will say that Brady does not deserve a 4 game suspension from Goodell. This whole football deflation fiasco has been blown way out of proportion.
You're right, he should miss the entire season.
See my avi for Tawmy's expression once the ruling came down.

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":231usxa5 said:
HawkGA":231usxa5 said:

I'm on the fence about the suspension itself. I think it has been handled ham handedly, but I think from a "protect the integrity of the game" perspective, 4 games is comparable to a PED, which is basically the same principle.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I think it was clayton who said a few months back that brady called manning and with his help got the league to create this regulation some years ago.
Only fitting that it came back to bite him
I know that hill climbing dune buggies , quads and bike riders have been deflating their tires for more traction for as long as I can remember so there is some merit to deflation giving a smaller handed qb the ability to grasp the ball giving larger handed qbs an advantage via regulation
Anything to give you an edge even just a little bit has always been a part of any competitive sport on that level
There are no hand size stats before 2008 so I can't look it up.
Anyway' just my two cents
So here's to you tom
:sob_story:

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I really like how the Cards get a free game against garoppolo and then we get pissed off brady....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1kw1xdwp said:
I really like how the Cards get a free game against garoppolo and then we get pissed off brady....
Not worried about a pissed off Tawwwmmy. Being pissed off didn't help him on the playoffs last season when he was on his back all day. Sucks that the cards get pretty much a freebie win though.

kearly

Reaction score
How long can he and the Pats delay the process until the Supreme Court officially says no? The Pats are going to want Brady to be playing in week 1.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":2m8ni7lh said:
How long can he and the Pats delay the process until the Supreme Court officially says no? The Pats are going to want Brady to be playing in week 1.
Has to get a court to put it on hold doesn't he? I don't see how it happens before week one.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
finally some justice...should this cheating expel him from the HOF. I mean if Rose can't get in the MLB one why should Brady??

Maulbert

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else here, but I've always denied Brady had appeal.

groucho.gif~c200

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty sure the SC is out of session until next Jan/Feb or so. If Brady would like to sit out the season waiting, I wouldn't mind. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would be nice for this to drag out until playoff time then, poof, suspension time.
Cheatriots are one game and done in the playoffs, and then Tawmy misses the first 3 games next year.

The cheaters screwed over for 2 seasons would be simply delicious. 8)