Bell probably suspended another 4 games..

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was really hoping he would push one of the 3 big receivers down in the draft for me but that's not going to happen. Stuff like this initially irritates me because of the stupidity of it but after calming down its really rather sad.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
austinslater25":3fhefpxj said:
I was really hoping he would push one of the 3 big receivers down in the draft for me but that's not going to happen. Stuff like this initially irritates me because of the stupidity of it but after calming down its really rather sad.

Its hard to know if its sad or comedy or frustrating without being on the inside..but yea, if this is someone with a psychological addiction so bad he cant stop though it costs him millions thats sad.

Hope he gets help. Right now he sounds like hes still making excuses which means hes far from the point he can be helped.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I ran the gauntlet of those emotions so know exactly what you mean lol

kearly

Reaction score
I've always thought that he is supremely productive with modest talent. He's basically a poor man's Shaun Alexander- good burst and plus vision but iffy tools otherwise. He enjoys a great offense with an incredibly under-rated OL. Which is why an old DeAngelo Williams was on pace for a career year in relief of Bell.

For fantasy football purposes, it would be pretty cool if this news bumped Bell down a few spots. It probably will.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've never really been able to get a good grasp of Bell's talent to be honest. You may be 100% spot on and it wouldn't shock me. His athletic metrics jump off the page a little bit when looking at certain numbers but that doesn't tell the whole story.

For fantasy I pick 5th in a 12 teamer and hoping I can get him in the 3rd with this news.

Lithium

Reaction score
kearly":24ir2sfa said:
For fantasy football purposes, it would be pretty cool if this news bumped Bell down a few spots. It probably will.

That's what I'm hoping, although I have pick 12 so, still unlikely to fall to me.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
because its the steelers i say...haha. guess he got that knee healthy faster for nothing...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kearly":2q3tbiq1 said:
I've always thought that he is supremely productive with modest talent. He's basically a poor man's Shaun Alexander- good burst and plus vision but iffy tools otherwise. He enjoys a great offense with an incredibly under-rated OL. Which is why an old DeAngelo Williams was on pace for a career year in relief of Bell.

Bell lost some weight after his first year and added some wiggle - a combo of good enough speed/strength and agility along with outstanding vision and he's an elite talent IMO. He is also the best RB catching passes today and while their OL is underrated, it was porous for years prior to his arrival and they struggled to run the ball effectively - I think he's one of those rare RBs that makes their OL look better at times with his vision and cuts.

I think if these guys could stay on the field together they could have the best offense since the GSOT.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Heard on the radio last night that he's claiming he changed his phone number and that the NFL didn't have the new number so that's why he missed the drug tests. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":a7iryohn said:
Heard on the radio last night that he's claiming he changed his phone number and that the NFL didn't have the new number so that's why he missed the drug tests. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Ignorance of the rules/law is no excuse. Corporations cover thier ass when it comes to discipline policy's .

We have an a "no fault" attendance policy at my work, which means after you use your 5 sick days, and call in they don't care why didn't make it, your are getting written up. Doesn't matter if all of the roads leading to your house were wiped out by a flash flood, you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hpch0n1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1hpch0n1 said:
Ignorance of the rules/law is no excuse. Corporations cover thier ass when it comes to discipline policy's .

We have an a "no fault" attendance policy at my work, which means after you use your 5 sick days, and call in they don't care why didn't make it, your are getting written up. Doesn't matter if all of the roads leading to your house were wiped out by a flash flood, you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap.
And I'm also guessing that's how it plays out with Bell.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Yahoo is stating that the NFLPA clearly states that the player is responsible for providing a phone and/or address.

They also stated that a suspension is only when you have missed three (3) drug tests.

The first missed test equals a $25,000 fine, the second missed test equals two game checks and the third missed test is the 4-game suspension.

Had he outright failed a drug test he immediately goes to suspension... He missed the test because he probably had something to hide.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3k8s7egs said:

Dang, I'm glad I didn't have a job where you work when I got T-boned on my motorcycle and missed 3 months of work... They'd of probably retroactively fired me for like a year before the act, and demanded their money back!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3e14v3rk said:
Sports Hernia":3e14v3rk said:

Dang, I'm glad I didn't have a job where you work when I got T-boned on my motorcycle and missed 3 months of work... They'd of probably retroactively fired me for like a year before the act, and demanded their money back!
In that case you could file an FLMA claim and be safe because it supersedes a corporation's rules since its federal law.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2suufcgj said:
GeekHawk":2suufcgj said:
Sports Hernia":2suufcgj said:

In that case you could file an FLMA claim and be safe because it supersedes a corporation's rules since its federal law.
At my work that would've counted as one missed day assuming you had a doctor's note for the rest of the time (LOL).

GeekHawk

Reaction score
At my work (at the time) the Service Center Manager came to my house 30 miles away, on his own time, to ask if I needed anything or what he could do. It still counted as all my sick leave, and then short-term disability, but it certainly wasn't "you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap" or anything.

Where I work now (the shipyard) one of my fellow engineers fell off his roof when doing Christmas lights or fixing the roof or something. He was put into the 'shared leave' program, where people can contribute their annual leave for another to use when they are out of their own sick leave, and the whole office organized a weekend to go finish whatever it was that Dave was working on (I was in San Diego at the time). Once again, not "you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap". That sounds kinda heartless to me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GeekHawk":343na0ww said:
At my work (at the time) the Service Center Manager came to my house 30 miles away, on his own time, to ask if I needed anything or what he could do. It still counted as all my sick leave, and then short-term disability, but it certainly wasn't "you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap" or anything.

Where I work now (the shipyard) one of my fellow engineers fell off his roof when doing Christmas lights or fixing the roof or something. He was put into the 'shared leave' program, where people can contribute their annual leave for another to use when they are out of their own sick leave, and the whole office organized a weekend to go finish whatever it was that Dave was working on (I was in San Diego at the time). Once again, not "you didn't show up, it's a write up, tough crap". That sounds kinda heartless to me.
Well, I work for a heartless corporation, what can I say? 8)
If it were not for the Union bene's, I would have been gone in less than a year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1xmm7ifi said:
Sports Hernia":1xmm7ifi said:
GeekHawk":1xmm7ifi said:
Sports Hernia":1xmm7ifi said:

At my work that would've counted as one missed day assuming you had a doctor's note for the rest of the time (LOL).
It would have at mine too, as long as you haven't used your 5 sick days, once those are gone you are SOL.