RIP Dennis Green

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I always liked Denny. I remember that Monday night game where the Cards melted down and I was rooting for them.

He gave one of the best post game rants of all time.

RIP Denny.

drdiags

Reaction score
My man. He was a interesting HC that should have been in a Superbowl if not for his perfect kicker all year missing the one at home in the Metrodome. Would have been special to see the Vikings vs Broncos but it was not to be.

Loved his rant after the Bears loss. Cardinals crapped the bed and yet again a kicker helped lead to their demise. We all are leaving here sooner or later. My condolences to his loved ones and family.

R.I.P Dennis Green

kearly

Reaction score
I remember thinking "oh crap" when the Cardinals hired him. Thankfully for us it didn't work out, but in Minny he was a very good coach and was always colorful and entertaining in front of the microphone.

Maulbert

Reaction score
kearly":3e0gno83 said:
I remember thinking "oh crap" when the Cardinals hired him. Thankfully for us it didn't work out, but in Minny he was a very good coach and was always colorful and entertaining in front of the microphone.

He is the reason the Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald, so in a way, he's still hurting us.

Oh, and this must be posted in here:

[youtube]SWmQbk5h86w[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fabulous coach. Great human being, and will be missed. If his right tackle wouldn't have blown his assignment and let Matt Leinart get blindsided, leading to a fumble and the game, his coaching record might have been even way better than it was.

I was rooting for the Cardinals in that game too L80. I hated the Bears and their immature QB. Was so happy when Peyton beat them in the Superbowl.

Denny was right, they were taking it to the Bears in that game. He had a great game plan, did some phenomenal coaching, but his players let him down.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":131fbqfb said:
Maulbert":131fbqfb said:
Cyrus12":131fbqfb said:
had some great seasons as coach but just had some bad luck. always liked him.

You ain't kidding.

[youtube]b0c17edmKEU[/youtube]
Yeah mentioned by DrDiags above. What's with Viqueen kickers in the playoffs?

The Vikings have been cursed sinced they moved inside in 1982, and they have lost their last 5 NFC Championship appearances dating all the way back to 1978 ('78, '87, '98, '01, '09). Then again, I don't imagine it was much better when they became the first team to lose 4 Super Bowls ('69, '73, '74, '76). (No, I'm not a closet Vikings fan, I can do this for every NFL team.)

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2433j0km said:
One of the good guys. RIP Mr Green. :(
Not really. Biggest racist in the NFL. One of the main reasons he was unsuccessful at HC. Sorry to hear of his passing though. Just because people didn't like you, doesn't mean you weren't a good guy at heart. He was his own worst enemy and its too bad.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":qgvcf0gx said:
Sports Hernia":qgvcf0gx said:
Not really. Biggest racist in the NFL. One of the main reasons he was unsuccessful at HC. Sorry to hear of his passing though. Just because people didn't like you, doesn't mean you weren't a good guy at heart. He was his own worst enemy and its too bad.

Anything to back up this racist claim?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3bglk83u said:
Chukarhawk":3bglk83u said:
Sports Hernia":3bglk83u said:

Anything to back up this racist claim?

My little brother played under Green at AZ.

Latest posts