Uh Oh what's going on

rlkats

Reaction score
So it seems the same day that Anthony Davis RT for the 49ers applies for reinstatement Tom Gamble is promoted to Assistant General Manager. Is Balke finally on his way out? is his dealings with players or lack there of finally catching up with him? God I hope so. :snack:

Oh it a link on the Webzone. Dont know how to post it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Why don't you just root for the Hawks for a few years then return after the quagmire subsides?

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
shhhhh. Thats my secret plan lol.

Must admit I hope Balke is crap canned

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
If Jed were going to fire Baalke, wouldn't he have done it before dude could screw up another draft?

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1javxgj2 said:
If Jed were going to fire Baalke, wouldn't he have done it before dude could screw up another draft?

That's what logical thinking would say. Maybe Jed wants another dump season for higher draft pics. Who knows. They all be lost lol

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Anthony Davis is forcing the 49ers' hand: pay him or cut him. If they cut him, I wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks kick his tires.

chris98251

Reaction score
So were going West Coast Eagles/49ers, yeah that worked out well on the East side. This says one thing to me, Kelly has a lot more personnel control then initially stated and now is bringing in support guys as well.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1o1awzdp said:
Anthony Davis is forcing the 49ers' hand: pay him or cut him. If they cut him, I wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks kick his tires.

Agreed. The niners need a RT bad. Balke can screw up a wet dream. Bet there was some very interesting conversations behind closed doors. Balke can't draft to save his life he is a horrible talent evaluator on the Offense side of the ball. Bet Davis said straighten the Balke issue and I will come back. Oh and I agree he will get his bonus back. It's the only thing that makes and bit of common sense.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
chris98251":7xiixlo7 said:
So were going West Coast Eagles/49ers, yeah that worked out well on the East side. This says one thing to me, Kelly has a lot more personnel control then initially stated and now is bringing in support guys as well.

I agree. Hate to say it I did see this when Chip was Gamble both were hired. Now hopefully Chip has 0 call on people. He just needs to coach. Also don't think Gamble could do worse. Hopefully better than Balke if he is fired or replaced.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":1rld2zwf said:
What? You believe Kelly would go anywhere without a big degree of personnel control. I hear there's a bridge in Brooklyn that can be had for cheap. York is such a tool that not even I'm sure Baalke entirely deserves working with him.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ri296z9 said:
chris98251":2ri296z9 said:
What? You believe Kelly would go anywhere without a big degree of personnel control. I hear there's a bridge in Brooklyn that can be had for cheap.

That was what was said at initial hiring, he was brought here to coach not be involved in personnel.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":14znqf40 said:
MizzouHawkGal":14znqf40 said:
chris98251":14znqf40 said:
What? You believe Kelly would go anywhere without a big degree of personnel control. I hear there's a bridge in Brooklyn that can be had for cheap.

That was what was said at initial hiring, he was brought here to coach not be involved in personnel.
I know but if you believed it I'm certainly surprised.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2jqdbjeh said:
chris98251":2jqdbjeh said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jqdbjeh said:
chris98251":2jqdbjeh said:

I know but if you believed it I'm certainly surprised.

No, Kelly is to egocentric, he wants to touch everything and then if it isn't fun give it to someone else or blame them if he screws it up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
....couple things.

1) Gamble was Baalkes right hand man BEFORE he went to Philly. I have no idea if Baalke has his head on the block or not, but I don't think Gambles promotion has anything to do with it one way or the other. If you think this is a precursor to Baalke being fired, thats just wishful thinking on your part. That doesn't mean it won't happen...just don't think the two are related.

Another note in that regard. Kelly trusted Gamble who was seen in league circles as having a bright future as a GM. Things really escalated in Philly when Gamble was fired.

Gamble is a big reason why Kelly is in SF to begin with. York and Baalke trust Gamble because he was in SF long before he was in Philly.

That doesn't mean this thing won't tank in a big way, but I don't think his promotion really means a damn thing in the grand scheme.

2) Anthony Davis: If he's back I welcome him as I think his loss was the biggest of all the players who left last year. RT was a HUGE problem all year. As others have said tho...its still entirely possible he still never suits up as a Niner again. I for one hope he's back to stay.

NINEster

Reaction score
Agree with Marvin.

Gamble probably got promoted because he deserved it all along, AND IF the intention is to replace Baalke at some point then it's purely a 1 for 1 swap......not some conspiracy to get Kelly more power. Kelly has a bad track record as a GM, unlike say Belichick......so Gamble would want to put his neck on the line just because he has a "good relationship" with Kelly?

Doesn't make any sense, unless you're a Kelly/Niner hater.

.NET really loves to jump on any glass half empty view of any Niner personnel/FO signing, LOL. Of course ignore the past history Gamble had with the 49ers because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Most Niner fans see this move neutrally, with some positivity because some of us feel Baalke's ego more than his GM ability is the bigger issue at hand. I think he's a decent GM from the personnel side, but it really comes off that the whole Harbaugh getting mutually departed to Michigan was on him.

I personally think Baalke has been underrated since 2013 and Schneider overrated. Our little thread on the Zone covers it nicely that Schneider is resting on the laurels of the 2010-2012 drafts/FA.....if Seattle doesn't return to the Super Bowl in this era it will be clearly on him or WILSON.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":1cdc28w9 said:
....couple things.

1) Gamble was Baalkes right hand man BEFORE he went to Philly. I have no idea if Baalke has his head on the block or not, but I don't think Gambles promotion has anything to do with it one way or the other. If you think this is a precursor to Baalke being fired, thats just wishful thinking on your part. That doesn't mean it won't happen...just don't think the two are related.

Another note in that regard. Kelly trusted Gamble who was seen in league circles as having a bright future as a GM. Things really escalated in Philly when Gamble was fired.

Gamble is a big reason why Kelly is in SF to begin with. York and Baalke trust Gamble because he was in SF long before he was in Philly.

That doesn't mean this thing won't tank in a big way, but I don't think his promotion really means a damn thing in the grand scheme.

2) Anthony Davis: If he's back I welcome him as I think his loss was the biggest of all the players who left last year. RT was a HUGE problem all year. As others have said tho...its still entirely possible he still never suits up as a Niner again. I for one hope he's back to stay.

Just have to ask: why would it be wishful thinking on the part of Hawks fans that Baalke leave? I want Jeddy boy to give that incompetent boob a lifetime contract!

NINEster

Reaction score
"Yes, you are mistaken. In fact, here are your "Day Three" picks (4th round or later) since 2012 that are even still on your team:

Jeremy Lane (2012)
Tharold Simon (2013)
Luke Willson (2013)
Cassius Marsh (2014)
Kevin Pierre-Lewis (2014)
Terry Poole (2015)
Mark Glowinski (2015)
Tye Smith (2015)
Kristjan Sokoli (2015)

Your late-round supply are all backups, including three back up CBs, a back up TE, a backup LB, a backup DL, and three backup OL, and some of these guys won't make the 2016 roster. That's 9 guys out of 29 drafted; the other 20 were cut (except for JR Sweezy, for whom the less said the better)"

:stirthepot:

hawknation2016

Reaction score
NINEster":2gsh3c5b said:
"Yes, you are mistaken. In fact, here are your "Day Three" picks (4th round or later) since 2012 that are even still on your team:

Jeremy Lane (2012)
Tharold Simon (2013)
Luke Willson (2013)
Cassius Marsh (2014)
Kevin Pierre-Lewis (2014)
Terry Poole (2015)
Mark Glowinski (2015)
Tye Smith (2015)
Kristjan Sokoli (2015)

Your late-round supply are all backups, including three back up CBs, a back up TE, a backup LB, a backup DL, and three backup OL, and some of these guys won't make the 2016 roster. That's 9 guys out of 29 drafted; the other 20 were cut (except for JR Sweezy, for whom the less said the better)"

:stirthepot:

Jeremy Lane and Tharold Simon are starters at NCB and RCB, respectively. People are also excited about Tye Smith as a corner.

Mark Glowinski is the starter at left guard.

Luke Willson has been a part-time starter at TE.

Kevin Pierre-Lewis and Cassius Marsh are competing to start at OLB.

Sokoli and Poole are TBD.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2n3uix7t said:
Marvin49":2n3uix7t said:
....couple things.

Just have to ask: why would it be wishful thinking on the part of Hawks fans that Baalke leave? I want Jeddy boy to give that incompetent boob a lifetime contract!

Wishful thinking for the author of the thread who is a Niner fan.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I hope Baalke and Jed stay in their current positions for as long as possible. Can you say shit show?