Devin Hester Released by ATL

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We obviously have a much better (at this point in their careers) return man but Hester used to play corner if he can tackle at all he would be a solid gunner, backup/preseason returner and special teamer. I'd love the hawks to pick him up for vet minimum if we have room on the roster in a ricardo lockette type role.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":ko242bwb said:
We obviously have a much better (at this point in their careers) return man but Hester used to play corner if he can tackle at all he would be a solid gunner, backup/preseason returner and special teamer. I'd love the hawks to pick him up for vet minimum if we have room on the roster in a ricardo lockette type role.
Why? When we already have better at each role you list.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If this was 2013 then yes I would love Hester. The 2016 Hester wouldn't even make this team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2wa05t63 said:
Hester has been done for awhile now.He never was good at D or WR.The guy had his time and it's gone.I dunno maybe Marvin pines for him in Santa Clara.

Rat

Reaction score
Definitely a Hall of Famer (IMHO), but I can't imagine we'd consider him unless it was an emergency situation late in the year. Even then, he'd be looked as an experienced guy who probably won't screw up, rather than someone who would give us an edge.

Rob12

Reaction score
For as good as Lockett is, I wouldn't mind getting him off of Special Teams. Doubt Hester is the answer as I think he's over the hill and was released by a mediocre team for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basis4day

Reaction score
and he takes whose spot on the 53 to those advocating signing him?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Basis4day":12o0s3gz said:
and he takes whose spot on the 53 to those advocating signing him?
Nobody I'd want to see leave. Back in the day it could be argued he was the best KR in NFL history and probably still can. But it isn't back in the day and he should retire while he still has dignity like Chris Clemons for example. You have to know when to fold and also know when to walk away. He never learned when to fold obviously but hopefully he knows when to walk away.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett is arguably the best return man in football now. And he's 1000000x better than Hester was at WR.

Latest posts