Jets/Fitzpatrick to sign 1-year $12 million deal

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677227/article/jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-get-deal-done[/urltargetblank]

Fitzpatrick is re-signing with the team on a 1-year deal worth $12 million, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports from a source.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Smart move for both teams. Will be a good game - Seahawks-Jets, that Jets DLine is likely to be more dominant than the Rams, curious to see how you handle it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3bselpvg said:
Smart move for both teams. Will be a good game - Seahawks-Jets, that Jets DLine is likely to be more dominant than the Rams, curious to see how you handle it.
Fitzgerald is usually good for a couple interceptions so that should level the playing field a bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Good signing by the Jets. Like someone mentioned, $12 mill per year for Fitz looks pretty good when you got guys like Cutler, Osweiler Tannehil, and Cousins making much more.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3rbssqzw said:
Good signing by the Jets. Like someone mentioned, $12 mill per year for Fitz looks pretty good when you got guys like Cutler, Osweiler Tannehil, and Cousins making much more.
Especially given the franchise tag has to be much higher.

kearly

Reaction score
Since 2012, Ryan Fitzpatrick has a higher passer rating (86.7) than Andrew Luck (85.0).

I hope I get Brandon Marshall in my fantasy draft again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
His performance in their week 17 game last season against I believe Buffalo when they needed a W to get to the playoffs was abysmal. Off the top of my head I believe he threw 3 ints reverting to the guy I've always called Ryan Pickpatrick, I get that they don't have a better option right now but as L80 said above, this guy ain't sniffing a Super Bowl. Bowles is a very good coach, but like all NFL coaches he needs a good QB to win the Owl and Pickpatrick ain't the guy.

I'll say right now the Hawks pick him off at least twice in week 4.,

kearly

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2a0h7ny3 said:

Seattle actually does pretty well against teams with good DL. The one exception is the Rams. They just seem to have Seattle's number.

Maulbert

Reaction score
kearly":ibo0qbfj said:
b8rtm8nn":ibo0qbfj said:

Seattle actually does pretty well against teams with good DL. The one exception is the Rams. They just seem to have Seattle's number.

It's just the Rams' Super Bowl. 8)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":wzinzoil said:
kearly":wzinzoil said:
b8rtm8nn":wzinzoil said:

It's just the Rams' Super Bowl. 8)
7-9 babeeeeee!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Everyone saying FItz backed down or lost is crazy, his 3 year 24 mill contract had 16 guaranteed, he just got 12. Even if he has a shit season he only has to get hired as a back up for 2 years at 2 mil each to make that cash back. He's low risk betting on himself, perfectly played and expected from such an intelligent player.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Fitz is a solid QB. I thought he played one of his best seasons last year for the Jets. Personally, I think he could have held out and got more, there was no way the Jets were going to go forward with Geno Smith as their QB.

And yes, Marshall will be a great WR pickup in fantasy. Decker was very solid last year too.

Maulbert

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":1sprtbsn said:
and i thought the NBA players were overpaid...

Actually, NBA players are far more overpaid.

how-to-make-money-in-professional-sports-infographic-600x2156.png

kearly

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7q7k4pw1 said:
Fitz is a solid QB. I thought he played one of his best seasons last year for the Jets. Personally, I think he could have held out and got more, there was no way the Jets were going to go forward with Geno Smith as their QB.

And yes, Marshall will be a great WR pickup in fantasy. Decker was very solid last year too.

I think Fitzpatrick did well getting $12 million, even if he does deserve more than that based on his play. Realistically I don't think he could have gotten any more than he did. It was really a 1 team negotiation all along, and it reached a point where if he didn't sign, the Jets would just move on. The Jets didn't even make the playoffs last year so it's not like they viewed Fitzpatrick as a do-or-die signing.

Fitzpatrick's agent negotiated all the way up to the 11th hour, then took the best offer he got. Sometimes good players don't get the market they deserve. Just ask Michael Bennett.