NINERS LOSE NT IAN WILLIAMS

rlkats

Reaction score
Not much of a surprise. He had a contract canceled because he could not pass a physical. This is old and my surprising news. Now what would be new news is who will replace him. Anybody's guess.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":15re5z1x said:
Not much of a surprise. He had a contract canceled because he could not pass a physical. This is old and my surprising news. Now what would be new news is who will replace him. Anybody's guess.

That sucks for you guys. He could have been a key player on your roster. Although I think I would have been a big surprise if he stayed healthy even most of the season anyway. The guy has been made of glass at least the last few years.

Good Luck rl I know these times have got to be hard to deal with.

At least Baalke is healthy. :sarcasm_on: Sorry that was uncalled for.

rlkats

Reaction score
RichNhansom":6dxb3a2c said:
rlkats":6dxb3a2c said:

That sucks for you guys. He could have been a key player on your roster. Although I think I would have been a big surprise if he stayed healthy even most of the season anyway. The guy has been made of glass at least the last few years.

Lol. Thank god for Balke. He can fix us. Oh wait I'm drunk lol

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Ian Williams is WAY underrated. This is a huge blow. He is a top five DT. Flame away if you disagree. But when he's on the field he does very well.

Pro Football Focus":1ncwq4hu said:
San Francisco 49ers: Ian Williams, NT, 85.6

Signature stat: 38 defensive stops (second-most on team)

Only the returning NaVorro Bowman was more productive for the 49ers this season, but even Bowman couldn’t match Williams’ performance level. Finally entrenched as the 49ers’ starting nose tackle after injuries curtailed each of his last two seasons, Williams finished the season on a tear with 19 stops over the final six weeks—as many as J.J. Watt.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
homerun1970":3as0lc19 said:
I have been sober for years, having Balke running the Seahawks could change all that.
You must have been pretty hammered during the Bob Whitsett (I don't care how you spell his name) and Tom Flores reigns then? ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1otdmna0 said:
homerun1970":1otdmna0 said:
I have been sober for years, having Balke running the Seahawks could change all that.
You must have been pretty hammered during the Bob Whitsett (I don't care how you spell his name) and Tom Flores reigns then? ;)

Whitsitt was not a good football executive, but he at least had a winning record here, however small it was (66-62).

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
I was too young to drink legally during Flores, having an older brother and dad who were Raiders fans didn't make it a pleasant time though. Mora was just about enough to push a body to drink, although I don't think he deconstructed the same amount of talent as the 49ers had. I can say that should the Raiders keep improving and the Seahawks meet and whip them in the bowl my family may ask for witness protection. (Dang went and looked it up I was old enough to drink during that where have the years went.)

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":25l6hewd said:
rlkats":25l6hewd said:

JR Sweezy contributed to the glass effect.

If Bowman never becomes a true monster again, will he too be made of glass?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":392dm49m said:
RichNhansom":392dm49m said:
rlkats":392dm49m said:

Not following you here. Hasn't Ian been injured each of the last three years? IR'd all 3 iirc. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

Bowman has been injured one time that I know of and by a team mate if that matters. If he doesn't return to form it will be about recovery not history.

I will say that having Ian would have made Bowman's job much easier. Without him it may appear he hasn't recovered but might just be the additional work load he will have to take on picking up where inexperienced tackles drop off.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That sucks. Williams is a first rate NT when healthy. Unfortunately, that hasn't been too often of late.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":159b1x6h said:
NINEster":159b1x6h said:
RichNhansom":159b1x6h said:
rlkats":159b1x6h said:

Not following you here. Hasn't Ian been injured each of the last three years? IR'd all 3 iirc. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

Bowman has been injured one time that I know of and by a team mate if that matters. If he doesn't return to form it will be about recovery not history.

I will say that having Ian would have made Bowman's job much easier. Without him it may appear he hasn't recovered but might just be the additional work load he will have to take on picking up where inexperienced tackles drop off.

The Ankle he's have trouble with is the exact same ankle JR Sweezy took out on a cut block. He's had trouble with that ankle ever since.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RichNhansom":399bx32e said:
NINEster":399bx32e said:
RichNhansom":399bx32e said:
rlkats":399bx32e said:

The Ankle he's have trouble with is the exact same ankle JR Sweezy took out on a cut block. He's had trouble with that ankle ever since.[/quote]

So are you saying he was healthy before Sweezy injured him?

Don't make me research his injury history. He has struggled to play as long as I've known of him and it isn't all because of Sweezy. Injuries happen and that one was no different. Sweezy plays through the whistle but I don't think he is a dirty player. The guy is made of glass. To bad because he is obviously talented but availability is the most crucial part of ability.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":11g0wl04 said:
NINEster":11g0wl04 said:

The Ankle he's have trouble with is the exact same ankle JR Sweezy took out on a cut block. He's had trouble with that ankle ever since.

So are you saying he was healthy before Sweezy injured him?

Don't make me research his injury history. He has struggled to play as long as I've known of him and it isn't all because of Sweezy. Injuries happen and that one was no different. Sweezy plays through the whistle but I don't think he is a dirty player. The guy is made of glass. To bad because he is obviously talented but availability is the most crucial part of ability.
[/quote]

Couple things....

1) He didn't play much before that injury because he was an undrafted free agent who didn't really even get a shot till that season (so essentially spent his first season on the bench). He had a great preseason and camp and everyone thought he was on the rise...till that week 2 broken ankle.

2) Most of his injury concerns started that night in Seattle. He broke it that night and didn't return until a few games into the following season. He started every game last year and now he's having trouble with the same ankle.

3) I wasn't intending to lay the blame on Sweezy, but the fact of the matter is that his ankle was broken on a cut block that night and the ankle has been a problem for him ever since. Don't know how else top put it.