Tre Mason not in Rams camp

Uncle Si

Reaction score
and apparently is simply ignoring all attempts to be contacted.

"“I haven’t personally spoken with Tre since the season ended,” Fisher said. “I tried numerous times to reach him. Tre has made a decision not to communicate with us, not to talk. Not talking to his teammates. Right now we’re more concerned about Tre Mason’s well-being than we are his football career.”

odd story...

http://deadspin.com/jeff-fisher-hasnt-heard-from-tre-mason-in-months-1784661700

kearly

Reaction score
Maybe his ego is such that he'd rather bust for being a headcase than bust for the simple fact that he was over-rated coming out of college and just isn't all that good at playing football.

I hope that's all it is, and nothing serious.

RedAlice

Reaction score
He's having some kind of mental health issues. Hope he gets the help he needs.

LeadingNFL ‏@LeadingNFL 4h4 hours ago
Rams running back Tre Mason is missing. His family, friends and teammates have no idea where he is and are worried. (TMZ)

LeadingNFL ‏@LeadingNFL 4h4 hours ago
Rams coaches and players all have called and texted Tre Mason. He hasn't responded and refuses to communicate with team. (TMZ)

TRE MASON
COPS ORDERED EVALUATION
... After July 23rd Incident

Now we know more from the July 23rd incident -- and it's clear he's not in good shape.
According to the report, filed by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office ... cops say Tre's mother had called because her son was "acting unusual and making irrational statements."

When Tre saw the cops, he threatened to call the White House and have them all fired -- and made bizarre statements about Al Qaeda ... so says the report.

Upon inspection, cops noticed a hole that had been punched in the wall of Tre's bedroom and a broken vase and lamp. Tre also had a cut on his hand, but was refusing medical attention.

The officer who filed the report made it clear Tre was in no position to make decisions on his own.
"I believe that Trence does not have the [redacted] ability to make decisions at this time and therefore he was transported to [redacted] where he was treated for the laceration and admitted for evaluation under the [redacted]."

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/01/tre-mason ... sion-rams/

kobebryant

Reaction score
As someone with mental health issues in my family, I really hope the best for him (and all people) and that he gets the help he needs.

Upon reading some of the details, football is so inconsequential and the least important part of this young man's story at the moment.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1pg19ezv said:

Tre Mason. RB, Los Angeles Rams

It was in the thread title, as well as some specific information in the actual article.

getnasty

Reaction score
59094271.jpg

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not downplaying the seriousness of mental illness... but having known a few people who can't work because they are too mentally ill, it's hard for me to imagine any of them concealing their issues for years while playing organized sports or least of all in the NFL. It seems strange that he would go from a regular citizen to bat-shit insane overnight. It normally doesn't work that way, except perhaps in cases where medication over time changes a person's brain chemistry.

Weird story.

mrt144

Reaction score
kearly":6nhoo7rx said:
I'm not downplaying the seriousness of mental illness... but having known a few people who can't work because they are too mentally ill, it's hard for me to imagine any of them concealing their issues for years while playing organized sports or least of all in the NFL. It seems strange that he would go from a regular citizen to bat-shit insane overnight. It normally doesn't work that way, except perhaps in cases where medication over time changes a person's brain chemistry.

Weird story.

At least with schizophrenia, the onset happens after 19 years age over half the time. I don't mean to make a joke here but schizophrenia is crazy!

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
kearly":k7l30m7g said:

Weird story.

I disagree with that. Coming from similar experiences, intensive workout regimens can mask those symptoms since exercise is a great outlet and can ground those imbalances.

Your point is definitely taken though. We don't know what could have gone on in his life to throw him off the rails. Life can be very fragile. Met a girl who started getting serious and then a fall out? Ran across friends/people doing a certain drug and screwed with him the only time he did it? Developed some sickness that expounded everything else that was going on? We just don't know. Hope this kid is alright though. That type of decline is horrendous to witness.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score

kearly

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":zlqev3hi said:
I disagree with that. Coming from similar experiences, intensive workout regimens can mask those symptoms since exercise is a great outlet and can ground those imbalances.

Your point is definitely taken though. We don't know what could have gone on in his life to throw him off the rails. Life can be very fragile. Met a girl who started getting serious and then a fall out? Ran across friends/people doing a certain drug and screwed with him the only time he did it? Developed some sickness that expounded everything else that was going on? We just don't know. Hope this kid is alright though. That type of decline is horrendous to witness.

I know a few batshit crazy people and I realized there was something wrong with them moments after meeting them for the first time. I have never known anyone who was a completely level headed logical person that became batshit insane later, although I do know of cases where medication or drugs can have this type of effect. Schizophrenia was also mentioned as a late bloomer form of mental illness. Anyway, it's just my worthless anecdotal experience. It makes me a skeptic to the concept, but not close-minded.

As far as him masking it, I suppose that is possible since we are seeing things from such a great distance. Maybe his player photo was a tip off this whole time.

MAS269896

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":3bavm6vq said:
Uncle Si":3bavm6vq said:
Largent80":3bavm6vq said:

Tre Mason. RB, Los Angeles Rams

It was in the thread title, as well as some specific information in the actual article.

I repeat....WHO?

tv-simpsons-old-man-yells-at-cloud1.jpg

I'm surprised you don't remember him. Most of .net was cupping his balls after he had an 85 yard rushing performance against us in 2014.