Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Hard Knocks: LA Rams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Hard Knocks: LA Rams
Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:43 am
  • Did anyone watch the first episode? I thought it was just okay. Other than the big move to LA, it seems like the show won't have a ton to offer. A lot of boring personalities from what I saw. A lot of Goff obviously, but he was what I expected, boring.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: Hard Knocks: LA Rams
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 am
  • Hey, no tank top sense of humor? haha.

Finally someone with as many tank tops as me. Tho, seems I need a Friday flag one.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:08 am
  • Hard Knocks is one of my favorite shows, but I haven't decided yet it I'm going to watch this season. I just can't stand Jeff Fisher.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:14 am
  • first episode was really boring...Goff did look terrible though but that might of been just for the cameras and the theme of the show.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:48 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:first episode was really boring...Goff did look terrible though but that might of been just for the cameras and the theme of the show.

Yeah that is how I felt. Honestly, the personalities make the Hard Knocks show. So far, not one great personality. The tank top guy was kind of funny, but nothing great. I enjoyed Aaron Donald playing ping-pong, but everyone else was a big yawn. I'm sure Goff will continue to get a bunch of camera time because he is the #1 pick, but that guy is your prototypical boring QB.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:57 pm
  • Wonder if Snead has added, "where does the sun rise?" to his list of questions for potential #1 overall picks.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:42 am
  • I wouldn't expect anyone to really enjoy a rival's Hardknocks...

I wouldn't watch one second of it if Seattle, SF or Arizona were on. Naturally inclined to dislike everything about those teams, so it would be really hard to like it.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:51 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:I wouldn't expect anyone to really enjoy a rival's Hardknocks...

I wouldn't watch one second of it if Seattle, SF or Arizona were on. Naturally inclined to dislike everything about those teams, so it would be really hard to like it.

That really has nothing to do with it. Maybe for other people, but I could care less if it is a divisional rival or a team from the AFC South.

I watched episodes two and three last night. They were pretty good. I enjoyed the little segment on Mike Singletetary, he is someone I would not want to mess with. But overall, the show is lacking a few really interesting personalities.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:06 pm
  • My thoughts on the first few episodes:

- Jeff Fisher is done. Maybe a cool guy to fish with, but he has no charisma, doesn't inspire confidence, and is just cheesy. He sounds like he's been hit in the head once to many times during his playing career. And of course, his son is an assistant. Marvin Lewis had his stuff together during the Cinci Hard Knock episodes. Fisher looks like a middle school coach.

- Goff. Yea, he's a rookie, but he looks terrible. He can't beat Keenum out? Yikes.

- The D-Line coach. The d-line coach is funny as hell and great. He's a former Marine and he cusses every 3 words. I can understand why the Rams have one of the best d-lines in football.

- Singletary is just bad bad man. He looks like he could light some players up still.

- The players generally seem like a good bunch of guys. But they are playing for an amateur organization.
    huskylawyer
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm
  • Their DC is charming. Can't believe that a-hole is still in the league.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 am
  • Fisher is soooooo God damn boring to listen to, he just sounds like a perennial 7-9 season.

Gregg Williams is quite a charmer, like laloosh said.

I like Tavon Austin

William Hayes will probably end up in some obscure location a few years after retirement, doing god knows what.

Jamon Brown reminds me of myself lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:07 am
  • Finally a good episode.

William Hayes going to the dinosaur museum was hilarious. But I understand where he is coming from lol.

Their strength and conditioning coach, Rock, seems like such a great and cool guy. He is the first real likable personality that I have gravitated towards. While Tavon and others may be enjoyable, they can also be loud and obnoxious. Rock seems like a genuinely great guy.

Cuts are always interesting, I actually respect Fisher for how he does it.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 am
  • I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:45 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Yeah it's as bad as the Miami year, boring.

HBO should just do the Bengals every year, cause someone's always getting arrested.

I do think the Hawks would be great, what with so many personalities, but I understand why the good teams don't want that distraction.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:46 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Agreed. Zero great personalities. Other than maybe William Hayes, everyone they've put the camera has been a yawn-fest. Most interesting guy is their strength coach, Rock. He should have been on it more from the beginning.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:24 am
  • Been very disappointed with this year.

Austin Hill's daughter is adorable as hell though. Easy dude to root for.
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:47 pm
  • Goff is unwatchable. Simple immaturity? Displaying zero leadership at this point.

I suppose he's stuck in a tough spot; a rookie that is also the de facto team leader.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 pm
  • Yeah, I suspect Austin Hill doesn't make it, which would be too bad. He seems like a good guy and a good dad.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:47 am
  • Hope they do a review of Goff's performance vs Minnesota in the final episode...

What a mess.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:50 am
  • Not that I really relish in 1st round 1st pick busts but...

Holy jeeze what a ton of draft capital to give up for a 3rd string QB who will seemingly take 2-3 years to become a starter let alone one who could hold the jock of Peyton Manning.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:54 pm
  • I wonder if ten years from now we'll think of Goff/Wentz like Manning/Leaf. Only the Rams took Leaf 1st overall this time.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Yeah it's as bad as the Miami year, boring.

HBO should just do the Bengals every year, cause someone's always getting arrested.

I do think the Hawks would be great, what with so many personalities, but I understand why the good teams don't want that distraction.

The Miami year had the Chad Johnson flameout, which we got to see practically in real time. It made for good television but was a little disturbing at the same time, almost voyeuristic.

For my money the best season ever was 2010 with the Jets. Rex Ryan was made for a show like Hard Knocks.

The year they did Atlanta (2014) was amusing. That was Mike Smith's last year as coach and they were so blatantly trying to copy Seattle's approach it was pitiful. Was not the least bit surprised when Atlanta tanked and Smith got the ax after that season.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:03 am
  • Watched the finale, and it pretty much summed up the entire season....average.

Not one memorable personality you will remember. Maybe William Hayes.

The beginning of the episode was interesting when Joyner was thinking about giving up on football.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 pm
  • This is the first time I've watched Hard Knocks. I was excited every Wednesday morning to watch it. I loved it.

But, I only liked it because I like everything about the Rams.

I could not imagine watching this show about any other team. Woulda been pretty boring to me if it was any other team.

I agree that there was really nothing too interesting to non-Rams fans.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:53 am
  • OFF TOPIC: I heard they are doing a second season of All or Nothing - team undeclared to the public though. I would probably watch this regardless of team and hopefully the second season is a little better than the first - but it's interesting to see how players handle the season with it's ups and downs.
    b8rtm8nn
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:57 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Watched the finale, and it pretty much summed up the entire season....average.

Not one memorable personality you will remember. Maybe William Hayes.

The beginning of the episode was interesting when Joyner was thinking about giving up on football.

Goff looking horrible was also memorable.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:26 am
  • and, the cameras kept rolling.

Rumor is we will see Demoff fire Fisher.

---

Amazon's 'All or Nothing' will return for a second season, with the Los Angeles Rams in the spotlight

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la ... story.html
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 am
  • Just finished All or Nothing. I was hesitant to watch it and re-live last season, but it's extremely well done. Cheers to Amazon, they put HBO to shame.

Good insight on the move, on Fisher, on the losing, and on the team through it all and then onto McVay.

First scene is Fisher telling the team he is fired.

Last words of the series: In the NFL nothing is guaranteed.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:27 am
  • Read an article on (probably) ESPN that I was going to post but never got around to it. The part I found particularly funny was the "players" took the blame for Fisher's fining. But the only part in the article I read about that, was about the punter saying the team let him down and that they'll never be able to play for as great a coach again . . . . that would be their all-pro punter. I just found it funny that a) Fisher has an all-pro punter (because of course he does, probably saw the field almost as much as the quarterback!) and b) he has to get defended by his punter. His punter!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:17 am
  • I didn't watch the show. Didn't need to .

The tweeted video clip below sums up the Fisher era.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:45 pm
  • What a <bleep>!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:57 pm
  • I'd probably slap fire outta Fisher if I saw him in public and eat the assault charge with a smile.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:07 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Read an article on (probably) ESPN that I was going to post but never got around to it. The part I found particularly funny was the "players" took the blame for Fisher's fining. But the only part in the article I read about that, was about the punter saying the team let him down and that they'll never be able to play for as great a coach again . . . . that would be their all-pro punter. I just found it funny that a) Fisher has an all-pro punter (because of course he does, probably saw the field almost as much as the quarterback!) and b) he has to get defended by his punter. His punter!

That's the punter who's most famous for this shit:

No wonder the little bitch liked Fisher.
    The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with a pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:11 pm
  • Umm, I think he's most famous for being the best punter in the NFL (five years in he's a 4x All Pro), not for getting a stupid roughness penalty that everyone made fun of him for and laughed about.

In any case, four episodes into this, and so far it's just okay. They seem pretty allergic to digging into what's actually happening out of what I assume is a misbegotten effort to make the series more accessible to non-NFL fans.

I don't think Fisher is a good head coach in 2017, but I do respect him a tad more.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Umm, I think he's most famous for being the best punter in the NFL (five years in he's a 4x All Pro), not for getting a stupid roughness penalty that everyone made fun of him for and laughed about.

In any case, four episodes into this, and so far it's just okay. They seem pretty allergic to digging into what's actually happening out of what I assume is a misbegotten effort to make the series more accessible to non-NFL fans.

I don't think Fisher is a good head coach in 2017, but I do respect him a tad more.

Hekker is a top of the line punter. And yes, 4x all pro.

Hawk fans hating on him doesn't change that, in fact it's funny that they get so worked up about a punter.

He's also funny and sweet. One of the best that will play this sport we love.

As much time as I've spent mad at and not liking Fisher, I did learn a lot about him in watching this. So happy he is out and onto the next though.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm
  • Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:45 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?

Same camera crew. Started w Hard Knocks, then led into All or Nothing. Amazon did a MUCH better job producing a show.

And no: the team was the first in a long time to move. They moved into a major market, and not only moved - they moved home to where they had been longer than the city they moved from.

All most on here think is that the Rams lose a lot. (Well, except to the Hawks :D ). There is much more to the Rams story than the last bit of losing.

It was no accident they were filming them. It does suck how bad the season went, but there were still many interesting story lines which are evident on the Amazon show.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:23 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?

Same camera crew. Started w Hard Knocks, then led into All or Nothing. Amazon did a MUCH better job producing a show.

And no: the team was the first in a long time to move. They moved into a major market, and not only moved - they moved home to where they had been longer than the city they moved from.

All most on here think is that the Rams lose a lot. (Well, except to the Hawks :D ). There is much more to the Rams story than the last bit of losing.

It was no accident they were filming them. It does suck how bad the season went, but there were still many interesting story lines which are evident on the Amazon show.

Back about 45 years ago....a friend of mine was an L.A. Rams fan. Dunno what fan he is now....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:19 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?

Back about 45 years ago....a friend of mine was an L.A. Rams fan. Dunno what fan he is now....

If he stayed Rams, he suffered.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:

To be fair, there's not much time for Hard Knocks to produce, as they come out during camp. They've had all year to do All or Nothing (heavy on the Nothing). I am looking forward to watching it though, and I'm really glad the Rams are back where they belong.

I hate the Cards, but I enjoyed the show last year. Made me hate their coach even more. He looks like a tomato with glasses.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:09 am
  • I don't get the Arians hate. I think I'd rather like his style if it were for my team.

Not that I would prefer him to Pete. He's more negative/knee jerk. Kind of like a fan. But he's ballsy -- much like Carroll is. And I admire that in a coach.

He does look like he'd be leading the deadpool among current NFL coaches though. He looks like he's going to pop an aneurysm any day now.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 am
  • F Arians, he's an arrogant prick, a little bitch who whines/makes excuses/blames everyone BUT HIMSELF. Also, he gets worshiped by the media. And he has done little in the NFL.
    New Sheriff in town my fat white ass.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 am
  • TriCHawk wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

To be fair, there's not much time for Hard Knocks to produce, as they come out during camp. They've had all year to do All or Nothing (heavy on the Nothing). I am looking forward to watching it though, and I'm really glad the Rams are back where they belong.

I hate the Cards, but I enjoyed the show last year. Made me hate their coach even more. He looks like a tomato with glasses.

I've watched both. Extreme differences.

Hard Knocks is like reality TV for the drama. I mean, c'mon: tons of time spent on tank tops? riding in a golf cart? seriously, this is like pandering to the people who watch Big Brother and the Bachelor type BS.

What Amazon did with All or Nothing is actually create a sports/football series to watch where you learn about the team. Far more real. It was fascinating to me and I hated last season of the Rams as I lived it. Very well done by Amazon for actual serious sports reporting.

Zero to do with production time and all about the goal.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:16 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Hard Knocks is like reality TV for the drama. I mean, c'mon: tons of time spent on tank tops? riding in a golf cart? seriously, this is like pandering to the people who watch Big Brother and the Bachelor type BS.

What Amazon did with All or Nothing is actually create a sports/football series to watch where you learn about the team. Far more real. It was fascinating to me and I hated last season of the Rams as I lived it. Very well done by Amazon for actual serious sports reporting.

Zero to do with production time and all about the goal.

This is how I felt about ESPN versus NFL Network when NFL Network first came out. I was stoked that NFL Network was going to focus more on the football side of football. Apparently their ratings were enough doing that though because it seemed by the second season they started emulating ESPN and I stopped watching.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:56 am
  • at the end of the day, Amazon did a better job with the subject matter.

It was one of the worst NFL seasons ever, and they showed the heart of it.

The last episode gives hope. Something we Rams fans are used to in the summertime.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information