Hard Knocks: LA Rams

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the first episode? I thought it was just okay. Other than the big move to LA, it seems like the show won't have a ton to offer. A lot of boring personalities from what I saw. A lot of Goff obviously, but he was what I expected, boring.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hey, no tank top sense of humor? haha.

Finally someone with as many tank tops as me. Tho, seems I need a Friday flag one.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hard Knocks is one of my favorite shows, but I haven't decided yet it I'm going to watch this season. I just can't stand Jeff Fisher.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
first episode was really boring...Goff did look terrible though but that might of been just for the cameras and the theme of the show.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2rei6ety said:
first episode was really boring...Goff did look terrible though but that might of been just for the cameras and the theme of the show.

Yeah that is how I felt. Honestly, the personalities make the Hard Knocks show. So far, not one great personality. The tank top guy was kind of funny, but nothing great. I enjoyed Aaron Donald playing ping-pong, but everyone else was a big yawn. I'm sure Goff will continue to get a bunch of camera time because he is the #1 pick, but that guy is your prototypical boring QB.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wonder if Snead has added, "where does the sun rise?" to his list of questions for potential #1 overall picks.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect anyone to really enjoy a rival's Hardknocks...

I wouldn't watch one second of it if Seattle, SF or Arizona were on. Naturally inclined to dislike everything about those teams, so it would be really hard to like it.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ttkas6l said:
I wouldn't expect anyone to really enjoy a rival's Hardknocks...

I wouldn't watch one second of it if Seattle, SF or Arizona were on. Naturally inclined to dislike everything about those teams, so it would be really hard to like it.

That really has nothing to do with it. Maybe for other people, but I could care less if it is a divisional rival or a team from the AFC South.

I watched episodes two and three last night. They were pretty good. I enjoyed the little segment on Mike Singletetary, he is someone I would not want to mess with. But overall, the show is lacking a few really interesting personalities.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
My thoughts on the first few episodes:

- Jeff Fisher is done. Maybe a cool guy to fish with, but he has no charisma, doesn't inspire confidence, and is just cheesy. He sounds like he's been hit in the head once to many times during his playing career. And of course, his son is an assistant. Marvin Lewis had his stuff together during the Cinci Hard Knock episodes. Fisher looks like a middle school coach.

- Goff. Yea, he's a rookie, but he looks terrible. He can't beat Keenum out? Yikes.

- The D-Line coach. The d-line coach is funny as hell and great. He's a former Marine and he cusses every 3 words. I can understand why the Rams have one of the best d-lines in football.

- Singletary is just bad bad man. He looks like he could light some players up still.

- The players generally seem like a good bunch of guys. But they are playing for an amateur organization.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Their DC is charming. Can't believe that a-hole is still in the league.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Fisher is soooooo God damn boring to listen to, he just sounds like a perennial 7-9 season.

Gregg Williams is quite a charmer, like laloosh said.

I like Tavon Austin

William Hayes will probably end up in some obscure location a few years after retirement, doing god knows what.

Jamon Brown reminds me of myself lol

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Finally a good episode.

William Hayes going to the dinosaur museum was hilarious. But I understand where he is coming from lol.

Their strength and conditioning coach, Rock, seems like such a great and cool guy. He is the first real likable personality that I have gravitated towards. While Tavon and others may be enjoyable, they can also be loud and obnoxious. Rock seems like a genuinely great guy.

Cuts are always interesting, I actually respect Fisher for how he does it.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1nmb260n said:
I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Yeah it's as bad as the Miami year, boring.

HBO should just do the Bengals every year, cause someone's always getting arrested.

I do think the Hawks would be great, what with so many personalities, but I understand why the good teams don't want that distraction.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1idbsx77 said:

Agreed. Zero great personalities. Other than maybe William Hayes, everyone they've put the camera has been a yawn-fest. Most interesting guy is their strength coach, Rock. He should have been on it more from the beginning.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Been very disappointed with this year.

Austin Hill's daughter is adorable as hell though. Easy dude to root for.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Goff is unwatchable. Simple immaturity? Displaying zero leadership at this point.

I suppose he's stuck in a tough spot; a rookie that is also the de facto team leader.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah, I suspect Austin Hill doesn't make it, which would be too bad. He seems like a good guy and a good dad.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hope they do a review of Goff's performance vs Minnesota in the final episode...

What a mess.

mrt144

Reaction score
Not that I really relish in 1st round 1st pick busts but...

Holy jeeze what a ton of draft capital to give up for a 3rd string QB who will seemingly take 2-3 years to become a starter let alone one who could hold the jock of Peyton Manning.