Rams are trying to extend Fisher.

sutz

Reaction score
Should we start a GoFundMe account to help them out on the financials?

:rofl: :laugh:

getnasty

Reaction score
What a great way to bring back football in LA, Touchdown Cowboys. Hilarious

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2tl4so5t said:
Let's hope they start as they mean to go on.

kearly

Reaction score
I was really hoping this wouldn't happen. I'd rather have the Rams be a decent team but lose to the Seahawks most of the time like Arizona and SF, than be a middling team that has Seattle's number and then rolls over for the division rivals.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":bw82qn9h said:
Don't forget: 10 more losses, he becomes the losingest coach in NFL history.

To have a lot of loses you have to be around a while, if you have a lot of loses yet have won it big, see Tom Landry, then you took s crappy team or expansion team and made it something.

So it's not a badge of honor but not exactly a slap in the face either.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ouqtugu9 said:
RedAlice":ouqtugu9 said:
UK_Seahawk":ouqtugu9 said:
getnasty":ouqtugu9 said:
Let's hope they start as they mean to go on.

Yes, let's.
Going to start mansion are they?

Mannion. Who knows? haha.

I haven't seen him play much, so was happy to see this game. Once Goff is up to speed, looks like better depth than we've had in QB in a long time.

So much better than starting every year w B and having no hope.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":tx0owncu said:
Maulbert":tx0owncu said:

To have a lot of loses you have to be around a while, if you have a lot of loses yet have won it big, see Tom Landry, then you took s crappy team or expansion team and made it something.

I get what you're trying to argue but Jeff Fischer on his best day isn't Tom Landry or Don Shula on their worst day. The guy is exactly 7-9. Loser and punk in no uncertain words. Bruce Arians is a huge punk but he isn't a loser and can coach like hell. See the difference?

chris98251

Reaction score
Longevity, is the key, Chuck Noll had a huge loss total before his Super Bowl runs, look at the Cards, they were the red birded stepchildren of the league, mostly due to the Bidwells penny pinching on hiring Coaches that were trying to reclaim credibility or new coaches, their GM was a joke. Then they hired Whisenhunt and had a decent run, again cheapness they lost players and had bad personnel decisions and lost Horton and Whisenhunt. They struck Gold when the promoted their current GM and lucked into another first time coach in Arians.

If someone sticks around long enough they can land in the right situation at the right time, Fisher is no slouch when it comes to building a good defensive team, he has not had good Offensive minded GM' evaluators and has not developed a good offensive scheme under anyone he has hired. Reason could be he is too hands on with it, he had Josh McDaniels who has had success in Denver and in New England, so I have to place the blame on Fisher or the GM's evaluation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":1bcucih8 said:
Maulbert":1bcucih8 said:

How many seasons did it take Landry? He at least fielded good teams quite often. Fisher has done the underside of mediocre with an occasional good season back when hair bands were just going out of style.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Maulbert":rwollnee said:

I don't really want to extend him right now - would rather wait until the end of the year to see how things go...

But it's ironic that this stat has him surrounded by some of the best coaches ever. "Losingest" would be in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but to me it's the coach with the worst winning % ever, as pointing out the losingest coach in the NFL is like criticizing Brett Favre for throwing the most INTs of all time.

Fisher is not elite coach and I'm not sure if I want him to stick around with the Rams - but criticizing him for being on this list is dumb.

Rat

Reaction score
The Rams just don't want the distraction of the coach being a lame duck. If they extend him, they'll probably make it pretty easy to get out of if he has another typical Fisher season. Or at least I would hope so.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Rat":3mg0zwpg said:
The Rams just don't want the distraction of the coach being a lame duck. If they extend him, they'll probably make it pretty easy to get out of if he has another typical Fisher season. Or at least I would hope so.

Yes, that's the other part of this.

Even with contracts, no head coach's job is safe.