Adele passes on Super Bowl halftime gig

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Now who you gonna call? :smilingalien:

Never mind, the NFL will find someone like Adele. (And that’s the extent of the puns for this one.)

Amid rumors that Adele will headline the Super Bowl LI halftime show, Adele confirms that, yes, she was asked to do it but that, no, she won’t be.

“First of all, I’m not doing the Super Bowl,” Adele told an audience during a show, via Variety.com. “I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don’t really — I can’t dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I said no.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ootball%5D

rjdriver

Reaction score
Gotta be Taylor Swift no? She would be a great sexy draw for young men, and women adore her. Cash cow, and it's in Texas to boot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Asking Artists to give part of their tour money to the NFL is going to start having it's effect.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
There's multiple reports out now saying she fabricated the story and that they never asked her per the NFL..........hmmmmm who to believe?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3rhm6rd9 said:
Now who you gonna call? :smilingalien:

Never mind, the NFL will find someone like Adele. (And that’s the extent of the puns for this one.)

Amid rumors that Adele will headline the Super Bowl LI halftime show, Adele confirms that, yes, she was asked to do it but that, no, she won’t be.

“First of all, I’m not doing the Super Bowl,” Adele told an audience during a show, via Variety.com. “I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don’t really — I can’t dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I said no.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ootball%5D
Sometimes it's about music. Prince, for example. Granted he did everything else too, but it was Prince, so...

kidhawk

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":ccvhyrci said:
There's multiple reports out now saying she fabricated the story and that they never asked her per the NFL..........hmmmmm who to believe?

That's the type of journalism we get nowadays. One side says one thing, the other side says the other and nobody figures out the full story.

Adele says the NFL asked her to perform in the halftime show.

The NFL comes back and says they've made no official offers to anyone as of yet.

Press takes this as one of them is lying.

Truth is more likely that the NFL put feelers out to multiple big name acts and haven't made any official offers yet. Adele was probably one of those names and she has declined. Had she said yes then maybe they'd have gone forward and offered an official deal, but as she hasn't, there is no need to make any official offers.

Lithium

Reaction score
who....cares.... lol
One of the least important things on the face of the planet, for me anyway, is who is singing at the superbowl lol

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Lithium":2b5zm0a0 said:
who....cares.... lol
One of the least important things on the face of the planet, for me anyway, is who is singing at the superbowl lol

It's all about viewership figures. Some people in the UK for example who couldn't care less about football or understand it will watch the superbowl for the event aspect and the half time show being a big part of that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bruno Mars is the perfect halftime artist. Dancing, singing, instrumental proficiency... just give it to him again. But don't put RHCP next to him with their unplugged instruments.

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bvt07c8 said:
RobDaHawk":2bvt07c8 said:
Adele says the NFL asked her to perform in the halftime show.

The NFL comes back and says they've made no official offers to anyone as of yet.

The devil is in the details. Their statements are not mutually exclusive and as you point out probably just part of feelers

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Weird AL would actually provide some entertainment at least. I'm tired of it being all about dancing and coreography. Let's make it funny for a change.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
zack803":24v6syg6 said:
Foo Fighters would put on a sick half time show
Too hard rock, but while we're in this area let's take it a step further and go with Black Sabbath. I mean Ozzy is one of the more recognizable people on the planet. Can you imagine War Pigs at halftime of the Super Bowl?

Love the Weird Al idea!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":28iszy2v said:
Bruno Mars is the perfect halftime artist. Dancing, singing, instrumental proficiency... just give it to him again. But don't put RHCP next to him with their unplugged instruments.

Wouldn't it be great if Mars was the HT show again and we find ourselves playing for a second trophy? The irony.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My ears are thanking the heavens to no Adele. Her voice is nails on the chalkboard to my soul.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Greenhell":ctfgx2ft said:
Maelstrom787":ctfgx2ft said:

Wouldn't it be great if Mars was the HT show again and we find ourselves playing for a second trophy? The irony.
Not a huge Bruno fan, he is a good musician his genre just isn't my cup of tea, but I'd have no problem with him being the halftime show if the Hawks are in the SB and they 43-8 some poor saps again. 8)