NFL: Interview or Suspension in PED story

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685802/article/nfl-sets-deadline-for-players-named-in-ped-report-to-interview[/urltargetblank]

the Commissioner has directed that Messrs. Harrison, Matthews, Neal and Peppers be given until Thursday, August 25 to provide interviews. For those players whose interviews do not take place on or before that date, or who fail meaningfully to participate in or otherwise obstruct the interview, their actions will constitute conduct detrimental and they will be suspended, separate and apart from any possible future determination that they violated the steroid policy. The suspension for each such player will begin on Friday, August 26 and will continue until he has fully participated in an interview with league investigators, after which the Commissioner will determine whether and when the suspension should be lifted

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As much as I have suspected that Matthews, Harrison, and Peppers have been all been doing PED's when the NFL is basing their evidence on a guy who pretty much recanted his story from what I understand, I think the NFL needs more substantial proof before they go on a "which hunt" for lack of a better phrase.

I'm pretty sure Gronk is and has been all hopped up on PED's most of his career but do I have actual proof that would hold up?

No, I don't.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As it has been described by former players, you basically have to pay your way to fly to New York and then sit there and kiss Roger's ass for a few hours while he moralizes and condescends to you. Then he makes you hug him. If you can convince him that after 90 minutes of his paternalistic BS you really want to be buddies with him then he'll let you off easy, but if you don't endlessly kiss his ring and act like you want to hang out with him on the weekend he'll throw the book at you.

MMQB (I think) had an article about the process a few months back or so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1d2wnoq1 said:
As it has been described by former players, you basically have to pay your way to fly to New York and then sit there and kiss Roger's ass for a few hours while he moralizes and condescends to you. Then he makes you hug him. If you can convince him that after 90 minutes of his paternalistic BS you really want to be buddies with him then he'll let you off easy, but if you don't endlessly kiss his ring and act like you want to hang out with him on the weekend he'll throw the book at you.

MMQB (I think) had an article about the process a few months back or so.
One of the many reasons I hate Rog, and I was hating Rog before it was "cool" to hate Rog.

He thinks he's Judge Smails from the movie Caddyshack.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
If they have been taking it and get away with it, I wonder if their performances will drop now. Always had my suspicions about Matthews and JJ Watt.

Especially Watt being a 2 star high school recruit and ending up at central michigan to becoming the best defensive player in the NFL.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I have nothing to base this on but I think Watt actually plays by the rules. He just doesn't seem like a roider to me. Matthews and Harrison, on the other hand...