DGB Traded to Philly

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This guy liked him.... (volume and language warning)

[youtube]KSaWeUYyPlY[/youtube]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2gqco3dw said:
Weren't a lot of people desirous of him about a year ago?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/eagl ... ans-081616

I was high on him. Obvious red flags aside, he was very much a boom/bust kind of player.

Not convinced we weren't looking at him as a candidate. Based on clues during the draft vetting process. I do recall seeing Schneider toss one of three cards into the waste bin immediately following the selection on the draft room footage. So it's not a stretch to speculate that he was one of a few players we were targeting in R2.

Also, I think it had as much to do with Tajae Sharp just looking like a stud this year making him expendable. Really DGB was sort of a Christine Michael clone coming out -- and even in his first year in the pros. Except DGB's red flags were more pronounced. Both intensely talented with maturity issues.

I do expect that his market was probably very small considering how many teams would have struck him off their boards to begin with. So not surprised he didn't get much in return.

kearly

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1javbs0l said:

That is the best thing I've seen in months.

kearly

Reaction score
I was high on him. Obvious red flags aside, he was very much a boom/bust kind of player.

There are certain players, like DGB and Kelvin Benjamin, where it pretty much comes down to which team drafts him for the guy to have any prayer in the NFL. Benjamin had hands of stone in college, which would get him sent to a Siberian prison camp if his QB were Aaron Rodgers. But in Carolina, he had a dearth of competition at WR and a QB who isn't bothered by having a career completion percentage that is under 60%.

DGB needed to go to a place where the coach and org could motivate him and make him want to live up to his potential. I'm not saying Pete Carroll would have made it work for sure, but in terms of org fit for DGB's needs, Seattle was a good landing spot. Tennessee is to WRs what the Jets are to QBs. They were doomed the moment they drafted DGB the same way the Jets were doomed when they drafted Sanchez, Smith and Hackenberg.

And no, SF would not have been the right landing spot for DGB. Not even close. SF hasn't exactly been a mecca for developmental WRs the past decade or so. Which makes that reaction video even more hilarious in context.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Man I wish he were a Seahawk. Russ and him would be lethal.

The guy we really missed out on though was Allen Robinson.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":23sghz6t said:
UK_Seahawk":23sghz6t said:

Shando Jr. Priceless!!
Shando is one of my favs!
I hate his team, but love his passion.

Smellyman

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3s1nk92k said:

I hope he doesn't own any firearms.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2msnmc7d said:

This guy's a wife beater. I'm so triggered right now.

Smellyman

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2lvthluw said:

some people suck at life

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I can't get mad about this because we don't have any tradeable pieces, I literally can't think of anyone not starting and or expendable that anyone would want, MAYBE Luke Willson? I kind of doubt it though.