Oakland's RB group

kearly

Reaction score
I watched the Cardinals blowout preseason loss, and was a bit disappointed to see that Arizona actually looked like the better team in the 1st half on a per down basis. The final score of 31-10 Oakland is a classic example of why you should never take the team results of preseason seriously.

I only had one thought to share from that game, which was that Oakland's backup RB's both looked amazing. DeAndre Washington is kind of like a Reggie Bush type. Just electric talent but probably doesn't have the size to be a 250+ carry back. He looked sensational in this game, which makes sense, he was a living highlight reel in college as well. The Raiders NEED to get this guy touches.

But that wasn't all, some guy named George Atkinson III ripped off several long runs, including two TDs. I know he wasn't facing 1st teamers, but his speed really stood out, especially for a back who's 6'1" 220. I would say he's more of a runner than a running back, similar to CJ Procise, but the physical talent is definitely there. Atkinson has been on the NFL bubble for a couple of years now, so I'm not expecting him to be a breakout player. Still, his athleticism was eyecatching.

Murray had a statistically nice outing but didn't seem nearly as athletic as the two RBs behind him.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I missed the game so I'm curious as to how the # 1s fared before all the backups came in
as in the score n AZ's offense stats
I haven't caught that one on nfln
Was it as misleading as the rams/boicows as in no Aaron Donald and other vets weren't playing making it look like the girls dismantled the rams at first but really weren't playing against their full strength dline for the rammers

Vetamur

Reaction score
This week Washington had 5 carries for 8 yards..1 catch for -1 yard..

Atkinson had 3 carries for 3 yards..1 catch for 15 yards.