More preseason thoughts - Jacksonville's offense looks great

kearly

Reaction score
After watching Jacksonville's week 1 preseason game against the Jets, I came away very impressed with Blake Bortles development. Yeah it's preseason but he no longer looks like a greenhorn running his offense.

Allen Robinson continues to be a stud. Allen Hurns continues to be better than people think he is.

The big surprise for me was that Chris Ivory still looks like Chris Ivory. I think he's clearly going to be their bellcow based on what I saw from him. If he stays healthy I could see him reproducing his 2015 numbers with the Jets.

The OL looked solid, though it's tough to judge the OL in the preseason.

The only disappointment was Julius Thomas, who hasn't really been the same since leaving Denver and has continued to underwhelm in the preseason.

Overall though, Jacksonville had the look of a top 10 offense. Their defense doesn't seem all that improved, but it's preseason.

I haven't watched the week 2 game but Jacksonville's starters on offense kicked butt in that game too. Bortles is now 14/18 for 190 yards and 2 TD against 0 INT. He's taken just 1 sack. Elite numbers.

Yeah yeah it's preseason, but based on what I've seen, all the people banking on Bortles to have a backsliding season in 2016 are about to be in for a rude awakening.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kearly":36hxr77w said:
The only disappointment was Julius Thomas, who hasn't really been the same since leaving Denver and has continued to underwhelm in the preseason.

I wonder what percentage of free agents ever look as good or better with their new team as they did with their old team. I would guess it is quite small.

I think Reggie White set a precedent early on that reality seldom lives up to. Bennett strikes me as a free agent success story but I don't know that he really qualifies in the sense of being a star with his original team before moving on.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just got done watching the Jags 1st team offense on DVR. Pretty much how they looked last year, but even better due to Ivory's aggressive run style. I've always been a huge fan of Ivory, very similar style to Marshawn Lynch. Ivory and Yeldon will be one of the best backfield combo's. Ivory had some punishing runs, and Yeldon had that nice catch and run TD. Allen Robinson is a stud. He is an elite WR.

Jags will have a top 10 offense. If that defense can come together I like them to win at least 9-10 games. I'm not sure they make the playoffs this year, but this season could be a stepping stone for next season. If they don't make the playoffs within the next two years then Bradley will have to go. They just have too much talent not to make the playoffs.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
If Jacksonville's defense can be average, I think they win the AFC South.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
kearly":1kb10f6r said:
If Jacksonville's defense can be average, I think they win the AFC South.

I agree. They basically get three first round picks this year. Fowler from last year. Jaylen Ramsey, this years first round pick. And Myles Jack, who most people thought of as a first round talent.

Houston could be good. Indy will underwhelm once again and everyone will come with some excuse for Andrew Luck. HE MUST BE PLAYING HURT!