Demaryius Thomas KOs Josh Norman with one tweet

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Let's head back to the Josh Norman beat.

Tucked into the same ESPN The Magazine profile that included piping hot takes on the disintegration of his relationship with the Panthers, the Redskins team name controversy, his place in the cornerback pecking order and his eternal battle with Odell Beckham Jr., is a Norman dig at Pro Bowl wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos star was held to just one catch on six targets in Super Bowl 50, with Norman in primary coverage on Thomas. Despite the fact that the Panthers play a defense that rarely left Norman alone against Thomas, and despite the fact that the Broncos, you know, won the game, Norman decided to wrap Thomas across the knuckles.

"I don't know what he was out there for," Norman said. "He was supposed to be an all-world guy, and I shut him down."

Thomas, knowing his team was on the right side of history on the seventh day of February, struck back with lethal force.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DemaryiusT/status/768176793945726976[/tweet]

Norman may be a good corner, but he's a total douchenozzle. He walked right into that one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game closely, but per one of the comments . . . a penalty on Norman helped set up the Broncos only offensive touchdown? Nice.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Patrick Peterson, Sherman exchange a couple years ago.

Definitely mic drop moment.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
harryjohnson":20kztdp1 said:
Let's head back to the Josh Norman beat.

Tucked into the same ESPN The Magazine profile that included piping hot takes on the disintegration of his relationship with the Panthers, the Redskins team name controversy, his place in the cornerback pecking order and his eternal battle with Odell Beckham Jr., is a Norman dig at Pro Bowl wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos star was held to just one catch on six targets in Super Bowl 50, with Norman in primary coverage on Thomas. Despite the fact that the Panthers play a defense that rarely left Norman alone against Thomas, and despite the fact that the Broncos, you know, won the game, Norman decided to wrap Thomas across the knuckles.

"I don't know what he was out there for," Norman said. "He was supposed to be an all-world guy, and I shut him down."

Thomas, knowing his team was on the right side of history on the seventh day of February, struck back with lethal force.

https://twitter.com/DemaryiusT/status/7 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Norman may be a good corner, but he's a total douchenozzle. He walked right into that one.
Not subtle I like it. :irishdrinkers:

Threedee

Reaction score
It reminds me of that NFL commercial where numerous players were featured going into a supposed interview. When Lynch was up, he simply flashes his ring and says nothing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Norman get owned, but he has a bit of a point about Thomas not doing crap when it mattered.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
And he's even further from a ring now that he plays for Washington. Go make those millions though.

253hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2t6op3tv said:
I didn't watch the game closely, but per one of the comments . . . a penalty on Norman helped set up the Broncos only offensive touchdown? Nice.

It was right after Newton's career decision to not jump on his own fumble.

3rd and 4 at the 6 yard line, Norman grabs onto Thomas immediately and holds on for dear life as Peyton tries to hit him in the back of the end zone. Cam fell over in response like he got sniped. Automatic 1st down, Anderson punches it in on the next play.

If Norman is so great, it only benefited Denver that Carolina wasted their 'best' DB on following what he is insinuating to be a mediocre WR. Despite being the ultimate team sport, it sure is full of a lot of look-at-me divas.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27f0qeqn said:
I'm glad to see Norman get owned, but he has a bit of a point about Thomas not doing crap when it mattered.

Apparently he did just enough.

HawkGA

Reaction score
253hawk":1id5022a said:
HawkGA":1id5022a said:

3rd and 4 at the 6 yard line, Norman grabs onto Thomas immediately and holds on for dear life as Peyton tries to hit him in the back of the end zone. Cam fell over in response like he got sniped. Automatic 1st down, Anderson punches it in on the next play.

If Norman is so great, it only benefited Denver that Carolina wasted their 'best' DB on following what he is insinuating to be a mediocre WR. Despite being the ultimate team sport, it sure is full of a lot of look-at-me divas.

If there is one position that it seems could have people view their own play completely separate from that of the rest of the team, it seems to be cornerback.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Yo, Josh. I tried to call. No ring.

CHawkTailGator":73o78e07 said:
And he's even further from a ring now that he plays for Washington. Go make those millions though.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. With McLougan back in the mix, I expect the Skins to be in contention shortly.

mrt144

Reaction score
bigskydoc":k9mv1iev said:
Yo, Josh. I tried to call. No ring.

CHawkTailGator":k9mv1iev said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. With McLougan back in the mix, I expect the Skins to be in contention shortly.

Snyder is going to somehow screw the pooch.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkGA":2tuc005u said:
253hawk":2tuc005u said:
HawkGA":2tuc005u said:

If there is one position that it seems could have people view their own play completely separate from that of the rest of the team, it seems to be cornerback.

CB and don't forget about QB

They are similiar in that they are frequently singled out. It is truly a position highlighted when a mistake or great play is made. There are frequently nobody to fix the mistake a CB makes just like played like "the tip" gets great coverage.

Same as the QB where interceptions due to the WR going the wrong way are pretty much solely on the QB in the mind of the masses.

QB and CB requires thick skin and with that comes a cockiness....

HawkGA

Reaction score
But QB play is usually determined by wins and losses. Unless you're Andrew Luck.