Tony Romo Has A Broken Bone In His Back

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cliff, why did you have to do Tony like that? Out indefinitely.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/769604974296707076[/tweet]

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Stick a fork in him, he's done. This guy just has all the worse luck with back injuries and with a broken bone in his back he's gotta be out for significant time, maybe even the whole year.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing he will play in two weeks. Rumors floating around the internet is 6-8 weeks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He is DONE!His body is so brittle he would be a damn fool to keep playing just because JJ has a big man crush on him.The injuries are serious signs from his body that it's time to go.I know all these Dak fans are so eager to see his time start now so it will but I think he'll do no better and the Cowboys are going no where.Happy trails Tony

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
NFL Network is saying best case is that Romo comes back mid-season. Looks like his career is about to wrap up here shortly.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
dogorama":38qmv1rm said:
Hawk-Lock":38qmv1rm said:
Do you guys like my new avatar?

Poor taste dude.

Sorry but I'll never feel bad for a guy who has more money than 99.9% of the world. So he injures his back, he can still do almost anything he wants life. I never understand people who "feel soo bad" for professional sports athletes who get hurt or make a mistake in a game. I feel bad for starving children, diseases, people who get screwed in life, etc. Not rich sports athletes like Romo.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2wjdona5 said:
I have a hard time believing he will play in two weeks. Rumors floating around the internet is 6-8 weeks.
6-10 weeks is what I've heard, which with his injury history is extremely optimistic in my eyes. The guy needs to retire now so he can hopefully live a normal life. Hopefully his wife and family can convince him to hang em up. If he doesn't the guy will have a painful and miserable post football life.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":12ge7otr said:
Naw, poor taste. Injury man.
The one of him fumbling the snap on the FG years back or the one with him sitting with his head in his hands afterward that folks have used before, now those are good ones.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1swiwkmb said:
Hawk-Lock":1swiwkmb said:
6-10 weeks is what I've heard, which with his injury history is extremely optimistic in my eyes. The guy needs to retire now so he can hopefully live a normal life. Hopefully his wife and family can convince him to hang em up. If he doesn't the guy will have a painful and miserable post football life.

I'm guessing he will come back mid-season. But what if Dak is playing out of his mind? Romo leap-frogged Bledsoe. Looks like Romo may be getting a taste of his own medicine.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
The seahawks not only gifted the Cowboys Prescott, by trading with Broncos instead of Boys, but we've accelerated the era by a year or two. If he goes on to be as good as he has looked I'll never let this down.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I was afraid of something like this. That hit was just awkward and awful and I had the feeling when it happened that TR's career just ended right there in a meaningless practice game.

It's not the actual worst thing about the NFL -- it wasn't a cheap or dirty hit; just worked out awkwardly. But it's right up there. Seasons, careers and lives can turn on a dime here, and sometimes that's dispiriting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":v58qfq87 said:
The seahawks not only gifted the Cowboys Prescott, by trading with Broncos instead of Boys, but we've accelerated the era by a year or two. If he goes on to be as good as he has looked I'll never let this down.
I'm not sure Prescott is going to be the anointed the Boy King just yet. He seemed rattled once he took a couple of big hits from Sherm and Wags and his accuracy went down once the Hawks started bring the pressure.

Besides he only scored one TD and that happened because KJ had trouble intercepting a football that was thrown right to him.

I'm not saying he's horrible because he's not, but there will be growing pains once teams figure out to bring the heat with the pass rush. When he plays teams like the Cards and Rams and Seattle he is going to struggle and have to heavily rely on the running game. ......and that *allas defense is horrible, especially the secondary. It's a lot of pressure to put on a rookie QB especially when your D is Swiss cheese.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":98q5r26c said:
I was afraid of something like this. That hit was just awkward and awful and I had the feeling when it happened that TR's career just ended right there in a meaningless practice game.

It's not the actual worst thing about the NFL -- it wasn't a cheap or dirty hit; just worked out awkwardly. But it's right up there. Seasons, careers and lives can turn on a dime here, and sometimes that's dispiriting.
Yep, Ask Richardo Lockette.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
That's a wrap. Seriously, he should call it a career. A surgically repaired back is not something you play professional football with.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":38ibbkym said:
TheRealDTM":38ibbkym said:
I'm not sure Prescott is going to be the anointed the Boy King just yet. He seemed rattled once he took a couple of big hits from Sherm and Wags and his accuracy went down once the Hawks started bring the pressure.

Besides he only scored one TD and that happened because KJ had trouble intercepting a football that was thrown right to him.

I'm not saying he's horrible because he's not, but there will be growing pains once teams figure out to bring the heat with the pass rush. When he plays teams like the Cards and Rams and Seattle he is going to struggle and have to heavily rely on the running game. ......and that *allas defense is horrible, especially the secondary. It's a lot of pressure to put on a rookie QB especially when your D is Swiss cheese.

Yeah I'm still not sold on Dak either. We will find out real soon if he is the real deal. In the long term, this may be a good thing for Jerry and the Cowboys. They will find out if Dak is the future QB of the America's team.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":qs2dmsdo said:
I like it, haha I mean the guys not dead just hurt. Yeah he gets to lie in his mansion and recover with some great doctors and training staff. Sorry I'm with you, I feel worse when that damn sad animal commercial comes on. Or staving kids. Sorry no sadness over romo broken back. HE GETS MILLIONS for that very risk.