Kap

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok so what forum should we use to talk about him if not the NFL one? This was news about an NFL player and it happens at an NFL game. I remarked in in an NFL thread that already existed. It makes 0 sense to lock that thread.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I hate the bastard after this latest move. Unbelievably distespectful to our country. And I'm glad Gabbert beat him out for the job. He should be done.

Rocket

Reaction score
Kaeppie has been trying to get out of his 9er gig for half a season. I believe his recent comments, WHICH WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED, are simply his next attempt at getting released.

Thoughts?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Good for him. I respect him much more than I did yesterday.

I have more to say about people caring more about their own hurt feelings regarding a symbol than they do the very real issues that Kaepernick is pointing out, but I will see how the mods police this thread before being any more specific.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Even Webzone is pretty done with Kap at this point.

I have very little patience for a BLM sympathizer who clearly hates and has no problem disrespecting the country he lives in. I hope he leaves the USA, and goes somewhere he feels he can be proud to live. I think maybe he would learn a thing or two about how well he has it in searching for such a place...

Rat

Reaction score
I personally don't care about the protest, but Kap isn't good enough to be making a stance like this. Russ could probably get away with it, and Cam Newton is the only other minority QB who might.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rocket":3qvuuq5m said:
Kaeppie has been trying to get out of his 9er gig for half a season. I believe his recent comments, WHICH WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED, are simply his next attempt at getting released.

Thoughts?

As I also WILL NOT DISCUSS what he actually said. I will simply say that creating controversy when you are vying for the most important and highest profile position on a team . . . . well, not a good way to help yourself in that competition.

rlkats

Reaction score
Kap the qb= trash.

Kap the American= A guy that made millions playing in a country that at one time gave all Americans the freedom to speak free. It takes balls to do what he did. Did what his rights let him.

I fought for this country. This symbolic item means more to me than others and I will fight and Die for it if needed.

Respect to the men and women that fought to give us the freedoms to speak like a jackass when we want.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rocket":235p5sd5 said:

Thoughts?
My thought is that he's a spoiled idiot. Or is that too political for the the powers in charge? He should actually try to be decent at his job before disrespecting his team and country.

rlkats

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1hd63vpp said:
Rocket":1hd63vpp said:

Thoughts?
My thought is that he's a spoiled idiot. Or is that too political for the the powers in charge? He should actually try to be decent at his job before disrespecting his team and country.

Rep

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Got a feeling he won't be in the league much longer, but it won't be because of his political views, but his poor play, and being a 1 read and run QB that many of us pointed out (much to the dismay of Niner fans here) 3 years ago. Seattle was the first defense to expose his glaring weekness and how to shut him down.

I hope he saved his money for his sake.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dfysi4s said:
Got a feeling he won't be in the league much longer, but it won't be because of his political views, but his poor play, and being a 1 read and run QB that many of us pointed out (much to the dismay of Niner fans here) 3 years ago. Seattle was the first defense to expose his glaring weekness and how to shut him down.

Agreed. Blew my mind. He looked horrible against the second string D of the pack. He used to shread them.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Forcing people to do a pledge to a flag as part of a pre-game ritual is already political. Some fans are fine with political statements in their sports unless they don't agree with those statements.

As for Kaep, he is smart enough to know that money does not insulate him in this country. I quite underestimated him. Really rooting for him going forward. I hope he gets his game figured out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fr2xtnh said:

Let's put it this way, if Chip can't salvage him I see nobody else beyond Andy Reid that could do it and he's not what Reid likes in a quarterback. Not cerebral enough and that may be the issue in San Francisco also.

kobebryant

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":2ctvfkmk said:
hates and has no problem disrespecting the country he lives in. I hope he leaves the USA, and goes somewhere he feels he can be proud to live.

There's an entire political movement right now rallying around a slogan which insinuates that America isn't great.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kobebryant":3sebp9i3 said:
OahuHawkFan":3sebp9i3 said:
hates and has no problem disrespecting the country he lives in. I hope he leaves the USA, and goes somewhere he feels he can be proud to live.

There's an entire political movement right now rallying around a slogan which insinuates that America isn't great.
I'd say with who and where it started but that is 100% a political discussion and will get this thread locked at the very least.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":6zfwaob2 said:
Even Webzone is pretty done with Kap at this point.

I have very little patience for a BLM sympathizer who clearly hates and has no problem disrespecting the country he lives in. I hope he leaves the USA, and goes somewhere he feels he can be proud to live. I think maybe he would learn a thing or two about how well he has it in searching for such a place...

This is always a fallacious argument. Why can't he stay here and make it a better place than it is, as BLM wants to do.

Without getting too political, and not pointed at you specifically, I think this exposes that many NFL fans are entitled and spoiled. They believe that these athletes are alive to entertain them and see them as objects rather than people. These fans believe that the political and social mores that they support should also be followed willy-nilly by these players.

I think sports fandom is at an extremely sick place now. Too many entitled fans who think the puppets should dance as they like, when they like. This Kap thing is just more proof of that.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1yy4ih3d said:
kobebryant":1yy4ih3d said:
OahuHawkFan":1yy4ih3d said:

I'd say with who and where it started but that is 100% a political discussion and will get this thread locked at the very least.

Yep. I'd love to have the discussion. But there isn't a tolerance for politics here, and that's understandable. I question how / why anybody would respect him MORE after saying what he said. But clearly, Kap isn't the alone in his sentiment. Personally, I think it's great he has the freedom to say something like that. But I have the freedom to call him a POS by the same token.

I think everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head when they insinuate Kap's level of play isn't going to be enough to shield him from the fallout that this causes. The 49ers would gain my respect for moving on. But it's also a good point in speculating that's maybe exactly what Kap wants to transpire from this... It will make for an interesting story.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There is a place for politics here, you can PM each other and discuss it at will.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think it's great that this country gives him the right to express himself this way even if he's not necessarily the oppressed guy to do so which makes him yet again look pretty douchey.

Of course the other side if the coin is that blind jingoism is pretty damned douchey too.

Status
Not open for further replies.