Jared Goff

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Is that the Rabbit From Alice in wonderland? :p

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
He has the arm and physical ability. Always has. But his issue was reading defenses in college, especially zone coverages. He was going to be a project from the start.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
After spending what they spent on him -- I'm not convinced the Rams viewed him as a major project who would be sitting behind Case Keenum for weeks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":26t3pdt1 said:
He has the arm and physical ability. Always has. But his issue was reading defenses in college, especially zone coverages. He was going to be a project from the start.
If that's the case, ouch. A number one pick as a "project"?????

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1x16orif said:
5_Golden_Rings":1x16orif said:

Happened with Carson Palmer.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I watched casually for a bit and it looked like he was staring down his spots on each throw. There was a point they called a timeout and on his next pass he actually looked off the defender and completed a pass. Of course I don't know if that's how it happened, but it looked like they stopped the game to say, "Hey kid, quit staring at the place you're going to throw the ball every time."

andyh64000

Reaction score
RedAlice":1znlzd8w said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1znlzd8w said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Rabbit in the headlights.

Hardly.

but, you guys are funny.

He is the dumbest football player I have ever seen. He didn't know that the sun rises in the east or that the time in New York is different than the time in Los Angeles. How is he going to run a complicated offense?

RedAlice

Reaction score
andyh64000":3tqmvn4x said:
RedAlice":3tqmvn4x said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3tqmvn4x said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Hardly.

but, you guys are funny.

He is the dumbest football player I have ever seen. He didn't know that the sun rises in the east or that the time in New York is different than the time in Los Angeles. How is he going to run a complicated offense?

The dumbest football player ever? even funnier.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hock22l9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":hock22l9 said:
Damn.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Broncos 17, Rams 9: Case Keenum, Jared Goff both ineffective against Broncos’ pass-rush

Quarterback grades: Case Keenum, 51.2; Jared Goff, 49.4; Sean Mannion, 66.3

While Case Keenum got the start last night, he did very little to show that he’ll be able to play effectively as a starter come Week 1. Keenum was strong when in a clean pocket, completing all six passes for 64 yards. But when he saw pressure, he folded, completing just two-of-six throws for 13 yards and a pass that should’ve been intercepted. Goff really struggled when dealing with pressure, as well, as he didn’t complete a single one of his six passes when under duress. The No. 1 overall pick wasn’t missing throws badly by any means, but he just didn’t have the accuracy many were hoping to see out of him. He also had one very poorly thrown ball that should’ve been intercepted and returned for a touchdown.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-la ... pass-rush/

RedAlice

Reaction score
Case is Case, nothing really new here. He did well enough against the Hawks last year, as did Foles. He's certainly not the answer for the Rams at QB, nor is he expected to be. Great back-up.

Mannion has been surprising this pre-season, nice to see.

You can't rip on Goff here more than many, many Rams fans are doing on our boards. You're probably being nicer.

I am fine with him, and feel quite happy. I don't see the immediate urgency simply because he's the #1 pick.

The Rams actual O isn't what Goff has been playing with this pre-season. And, I think it's good he's been sacked, thrown interceptions and been pressured. He needs that. Plus, the WRs are highly responsible for the incompletions - huge issues there, that is a glaring fact.

Overall, best QB situation we've had in years.

ETA: Fisher. This has become and will continue to be a big arguing issue re: Goff. Some think he's the wrong coach to get Goff to become a good NFL QB. It's a seemingly unending discussion/argument.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
RedAlice":387nbnng said:
You can't rip on Goff here more than many, many Rams fans are doing on our boards. You're probably being nicer.

He looks like a goofy version of Nick Foles after a bender. I was a fan when he played in college, and I never would have imagined he would look this pathetic in the NFL.

:stirthepot:

andyh64000

Reaction score
RedAlice":2wupwxnu said:
andyh64000":2wupwxnu said:
RedAlice":2wupwxnu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2wupwxnu said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Hardly.

but, you guys are funny.

The dumbest football player ever? even funnier.

He is at least the dumbest QB I have ever seen.

HawkGA

Reaction score
RedAlice":de6plh1c said:
ETA: Fisher. This has become and will continue to be a big arguing issue re: Goff. Some think he's the wrong coach to get Goff to become a good NFL QB. It's a seemingly unending discussion/argument.

He was slow and patient with Steve McNair. That worked out pretty well, as I recall.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Meh, he doesn't even need to play this year.

Whether he does or doesn't, we're likely not going to the playoffs. Sitting a year while we try to develop some semblance of a WR may benefit him more than having him start.

Calling him the dumbest football player someone has ever seen is hyperbole and reminds you of a dramatic 16 year old girl talking about someone she's predisposed to dislike

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
andyh64000":qq7hxsc8 said:
RedAlice":qq7hxsc8 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":qq7hxsc8 said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Hardly.

but, you guys are funny.

What was your first clue, the fact that he didn't know what direction the sun rose and set?

Goff seems like he has the tools, but he's obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Don't think that's going to bode well for playing QB in the NFL.