Kaep one foot out the door?

chris98251

Reaction score
“Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team,” Glazer said. “I’d be shocked if he’s on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn’t work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn’t been effective. He’s regressing as a player. I’d be shocked if he’s on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks.”

Rest of the Story here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-jettison-kaepernick-for-football-reasons/

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":1gur9c9c said:
“Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team,” Glazer said. “I’d be shocked if he’s on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn’t work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn’t been effective. He’s regressing as a player. I’d be shocked if he’s on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks.”

Rest of the Story here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-jettison-kaepernick-for-football-reasons/

Without getting into the politics of this whole thing, no team is going to sign him at that salary, that is just a ridiculous premise. Where the writer of that came up w/that nonsense is beyond me.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
I think his salary is guaranteed by San Francisco, he could sign a different deal with another team and San Francisco would have to pay the difference.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I listened to it on the halftime show for the second game with Jay Glazer. I am not sure if it is realistic or not. But Jay Glaser is pretty spot on in what he usually does. Interesting drama in Ninnieville.

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":2vyt6223 said:
I think his salary is guaranteed by San Francisco, he could sign a different deal with another team and San Francisco would have to pay the difference.

Okay sorry, I didn't read that thoroughly enough but the point remains who is going to sign him for anything at this point?

Too bad for him because when he was fit he was the type of QB that fits into Kelly's style.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1x8izhem said:
I think the 49ers have a ton of cap space. This would be the time to eat his contract.
Ultimately I believe this is what will happen. They'll unsuccessfully try to trade him and then release him on the cutdown to 53. What will be interesting is who signs him as a backup and how he approaches that role with a new team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1excczwz said:
I think the 49ers have a ton of cap space. This would be the time to eat his contract.
They do. If I were them I'm looking at it as a "sunk cost", admit the mistake, and move on......
But, that's not the way they usually do things in Yorkville. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1xesbt3t said:
FlyingGreg":1xesbt3t said:
Ultimately I believe this is what will happen. They'll unsuccessfully try to trade him and then release him on the cutdown to 53. What will be interesting is who signs him as a backup and how he approaches that role with a new team.
I think crazy uncle Jerruh will come a calling. He loves trainwrecks. 8)

rlkats

Reaction score
I think if I'm correct. the Niners owe him 12 mil this year and as long as he is not on the roster after June next year they can cut ties with no money owed. so

they already paid the scab 12 mil. now please circumcise the loose skin and cut hit tail now. he is complete trash as a QB.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":o5v276ju said:
[youtube]1kjYBRy8l7U[/youtube]

That was funny, but anyone else kinda wish that video had ended with the tree catching on fire and the guy running for his life?

rlkats

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tuuht5on said:
Mistashoesta":tuuht5on said:
[youtube]1kjYBRy8l7U[/youtube]

That was funny, but anyone else kinda wish that video had ended with the tree catching on fire and the guy running for his life?

hahaha ya the idiot didn't know if he was supposed to salute or put his hand over his heart. God bless dumb asses lol.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":me543gbp said:

Rest of the Story here.

God I hope he's got one foot out.

But he's never been an idiot. What if this entire little demonstration was his means of making cutting him seem like a bad PR move, so he can stay, get injured and get 19 million more guaranteed next year too?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":391pq01b said:
GeekHawk":391pq01b said:
How can this be?!? Jaws says that he'll be the best QB in the history of ever! :mrgreen:
'Oh now c'mon, that's hyperbole. He said ONE OF the best ever. :lol:

He said Kaepernick could end up being one of the best as based on his physical skill set, not that he already was or was definitely going to be one of the best. In the same post he even prefaced by saying that Kaepernick still has a lot to prove before he can even be in the conversation with the current top QBs of the time. His argument was that Kap was making a case for being included in what he called the "Big 3 of young QBs", which at the time he said was Wilson, RGIII, and Luck (all of whom, including Kaepernick, he thought, were being protected by schemes back then, and still had a lot of developing to do before becoming complete QBs)

And save for salty Hawks fans who despite rooting for one of the best and most widely celebrated teams in the NFL are still consistently on the hunt for things to feel disrespected about, nobody at the time or since then even really noticed or cared.

That you guys are still smarting over a generally unnoticed thing a commentator said once (let alone dramatically misquoting it to up the disrespect quotient) is super corny.

No doubt that if someone says Dak Prescott has the skill set to maybe end up truly being great we'll have a rinse & repeat.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":25paf71e said:
chris98251":25paf71e said:

Rest of the Story here.

God I hope he's got one foot out.

But he's never been an idiot. What if this entire little demonstration was his means of making cutting him seem like a bad PR move, so he can stay, get injured and get 19 million more guaranteed next year too?
That makes sense. He could be trying to set himself up as a political martyr if they cut him, and he already knows they will.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6d8lrm60 said:
hawksfansinceday1":6d8lrm60 said:
GeekHawk":6d8lrm60 said:
How can this be?!? Jaws says that he'll be the best QB in the history of ever! :mrgreen:
'Oh now c'mon, that's hyperbole. He said ONE OF the best ever. :lol:

He said Kaepernick could end up being one of the best as based on his physical skill set, not that he already was or was definitely going to be one of the best. In the same post he even prefaced by saying that Kaepernick still has a lot to prove before he can even be in the conversation with the current top QBs of the time. His argument was that Kap was making a case for being included in what he called the "Big 3 of young QBs", which at the time he said was Wilson, RGIII, and Luck (all of whom, including Kaepernick, he thought, were being protected by schemes back then, and still had a lot of developing to do before becoming complete QBs)

And save for salty Hawks fans who despite rooting for one of the best and most widely celebrated teams in the NFL are still consistently on the hunt for things to feel disrespected about, nobody at the time or since then even really noticed or cared.

That you guys are still smarting over a generally unnoticed thing a commentator said once (let alone dramatically misquoting it to up the disrespect quotient) is super corny.

No doubt that if someone says Dak Prescott has the skill set to maybe end up truly being great we'll have a rinse & repeat.

Nice story. Some of us can remember back to the heady days of 2013 when all the Niner fans thought Kaep was a quality person and a world beating QB. We tried to tell you that the jury was still out for both and that the numbers on the field (and his douche-baggery off of it) said differently.

Not sorry that we were right, not going to apologize in laughing at his fall from grace, either.