What we learned watching the Rams on TV

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
-- Dinosaurs may or may not have existed

-- The sun rises in the east, or the west, or is it from the sky?

-- The future of the franchise chose Justin Bieber over Justin Timberlake.

-- Everyone on the coaching staff has to shout a swear word each sentence, or they will turn into sand (presumably).

-- Case Keenum and the QB coach may or may not be planning to give the 13-year-old #1 overall pick a wedgie before the end of pre-season. Either that or steal his lunch money.

-- Apparently Nelson Spruce is only 23. Who knew?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Okay, I've seen the sun rises things referenced at least twice. So I'm assuming this actually happened?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Okay, just Googled and read about it. Wow. I mean, wow. It's probably not something I know like 2+2, but it's something you can pretty easily figure out if you stop and think about it for half a second.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1f4a3ter said:
Okay, just Googled and read about it. Wow. I mean, wow. It's probably not something I know like 2+2, but it's something you can pretty easily figure out if you stop and think about it for half a second.

Goff spent an entire episode dwelling on it.

And then was beaten up behind the gym by Keenum and Mannion -- and they threw his bike up a tree.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Just put the camera on Austin, him telling the DB coach he should beat his ass was the best part.

Also I really just about fall asleep when I hear fisher talk.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1fra5lct said:

He talks as if he's constantly distracted by something else.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Honestly, Hard Knocks hasn't been that great since the Jets season. The Bengals and Texans were good but nothing special. Atlanta was a snooze-fest for the most part. The Dolphins were good until they cut Ocho-Cinco.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":5icj6g9q said:
Throwdown":5icj6g9q said:

Probably the Rams executive in the power suit who's always staring at him from the crowd, impenetrable look on his face, rubbing his thumb against his pointer and middle fingers.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1micgvin said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1micgvin said:
Throwdown":1micgvin said:

Probably the Rams executive in the power suit who's always staring at him from the crowd, impenetrable look on his face, rubbing his thumb against his pointer and middle fingers.

His last name is spelled K-R-O-E-N-K-E I think.

A

Anonymous

There's quite a bit of f-this, f-that being said. Uncomfortably so.

I usually have the TV in the shop lounge on to either NFL Network or a movie, depending on who is hanging out, waiting, etc. I saw that Hard Knocks was on and tuned in to check it out. Murphy's Law kicked in as a client with a 57 Bel Air stopped by with his two teenage son's, one attending Lutheran seminary. I was showing them some pics on my computer when one of the coaches was on a tirade. They were transfixed on it, ignoring me and the dad says "wow, why would anyone want to play for that team?". I was embarrassed, but it seemed they were more interested in cementing their faith further by subjecting themselves to the foul language.

I ended up making the sale for the extra goodies, and we had quite a chat about the Hawks and how Pete probably doesn't talk like that. The one kid's comment was priceless; "At $5 bucks a swear word, Dad would have made $160 bucks had he caught us talking like that".

Priceless.

mrt144

Reaction score
Ned Flanders drives a 57 Bel Air. Stupid cool Flanders.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
The Rams are an amateur organization IMHO. Their practices and meetings seem to be on par with a high school program. For all of O'Brien's and Lewis' faults with Houston and Cinci, at least they ran their organiziations professionally and with purpose. The Rams' coaches on the other hand come off as a bunch of unpaid volunteers, with Fisher being some old coach who's been hit in the head a little too many times. I have to turn up the TV and read lips just to understand what the hell he is saying.

Only 2 coaches seem worth a damn -- Singletary and the D-line coach.

Can't believe they paid Austin so much money to be a team jester or practice clown, because they obviously didn't pay him for his on-field production. He's all flashy and talking during practice, but he's basically a non-factor during the regular season.

Goff looks like a bust. Yea, it is only pre-season, but he just doesn't look right. I'm sure the "Air Raid" offense didn't do him any favors with its limited playbook and easy reads, but damn, he looks like Akili Smith out there. And he nees to put weight on and learn to avoid hits or he's going to get destroyed RG3 style during the regular season.

I like the defensive lineman (probably because they are actually coached), and Keenum seems like a good guy. But the rest of the squad is iffy.

I really hope they give Fisher an extension as they will basically ensure that the Rams won't be a serious NFC contender.

A

Anonymous

mrt144":1bw2cx94 said:
Ned Flanders drives a 57 Bel Air. Stupid cool Flanders.

Yeah, we are most certainly located in the Bible Belt down here, that is for sure. Our clients are a collection of all sorts. The second you think you have folks figured as being all worldly and battle-tested, out pops some good-old-fashioned home cookin. Keeps me on my toes. Somebody should start a Lounge topic about value systems by geographic locales. Might be interesting.

Back on topic: I watched the episode last night that had the strength coach playing the turk. Fisher using a canned speech was telling. :141847_bnono:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
huskylawyer":xda3596q said:
Only 2 coaches seem worth a damn -- Singletary and the D-line coach.

I like their strength an conditioning coach, dude's a bad ass.

We also learned that Tavon Austin is Richard Sherman without the production.