TE Colt Lyerla arrested for Heroin possession

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Remember this guy?

In trying to talk his way back into another NFL chance, former Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla said his “past is the past and it’s going to stay in the past.”

Except, it didn’t.

According to KOIN, Lyerla was arrested Sunday for heroin possession. He was alone in a parked car behind a gas station when police spotted him, and charged him with a felony count of possessing a controlled substance.

Lyerla was arrested for possession of cocaine during his brief but colorful career at Oregon, which also included him quitting the football team and suggesting the Sandy Hook shootings were a government conspiracy. That an NFL team would give him a chance despite all that was an indication of how talented he was in college.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ossession/

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Lyerla is one of the most physically gifted tight ends I've ever seen, but just a trainwreck since high school. He was kicked out of recruiting visit at UCLA, which is funny as hell. Then of course he was a disaster off the field at Oregon (which is saying something, as Oregon would play Charles Manson at QB if he had a strong arm and could run with the wind).

Based on his Twitter posts and such, he's still a physical specimen. Hopefully this is rock bottom so he can turn it around.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LongLiveLyerla/status/687970674128756736[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Heroin is an extremely tough drug to kick. As a fellow human being I wish the guy luck and hopefully he gets the help he needs to kick that addiction.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
That's too bad. He was extremely gifted. I remember watching him and Mariota take apart the Huskies back in '12.