Manny Lawson?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Could he help at LB?

Not sure how much he has left, but he WAS projected as a starter for the Bills heading into training camp.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Would have to know why he was cut. Even at 32 years old, if he wanted to come in and play SLB I'd have to consider it, but again.....depends on why he was cut.

Mike Morgan can back up WLB as well.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Supposedly he is facing a 1 game suspension (although the Bills say they hadn't been informed of that yet).

Bills released OLB Manny Lawson.
He's the first "big-name" cut of the weekend as teams drop their rosters to 53. Lawson is reportedly facing a one-game suspension, but the Bills have said they've yet to be notified of it. Now, it doesn't matter to them. It's possible Buffalo brings Lawson back at a later date, but for now they're moving on from the 32-year-old. Lawson proved capable in pass coverage last season.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3692/manny-lawson

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If that's really the only reason then I'd see if he wants a chance at a ring for one year. He's 32, but this is a guy who ran a 4.43 40 at his size. Never quite was the pass rusher everyone wanted him to be, but he's a well accomplished overall SLB.

DJrmb

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1k41klem said:
If that's really the only reason then I'd see if he wants a chance at a ring for one year. He's 32, but this is a guy who ran a 4.43 40 at his size. Never quite was the pass rusher everyone wanted him to be, but he's a well accomplished overall SLB.
I'm sure it has to be more than just the possible 1 game suspension. Maybe he got in trouble again and Goodell is thinking of lengthening the suspension, who knows? However I'd love to see us kick the tires and at least look into it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pretty good comp for Bruce Irvin oddly enough, both in what people were hoping he'd be, and what he actually ended up being.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Lawson is still available. No tread left on the tires? Seems like a useful situational pass rusher.