Zack Sanchez cut

Vetamur

Reaction score
He was Carolina's 5th rounder. He had a 4th round grade with some. A bit smallish CBbut with some skills and some intangibles that make him pretty intriguing. Wonder why he was dropped.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ck-sanchez

Im not usually one of those guys to make a new thread asking if wed have interest everytime someone gets cut, but for a 5th round draft pick salary, I wonder if we might have interest. Not the prototypical PC type CB to be sure, but has ball skills that Tye Smith and Tharold Simon dont have.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
There must be some serious issues behind this considering the state of their secondary. Where's the Carolina fan that's always here. He might know what's up. Rcat? Something like that. I apologize in advance for not getting his name right.

Edit: ctrcat. Found him in another post.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Everything was as advertised on the surface, good and bad. He is small, takes chances, feisty, good ball skills, etc., even had an INT in the 2nd preseason game. I figured he'd be a lock to make the team, but I was wrong. UDFA Jeremy Cash can play S/LB/hybrid nickel and special teams, which Sanchez offers nothing. Also, maybe most importantly, Benwikere was recovering from a serious injury when Sanchez was drafted and even when Boykin was signed. Both are gone and Benwikere is back. I think they'd like Sanchez on the PS but I'm guessing someone claims him.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2j9gzs6z said:
Everything was as advertised on the surface, good and bad. He is small, takes chances, feisty, good ball skills, etc., even had an INT in the 2nd preseason game. I figured he'd be a lock to make the team, but I was wrong. UDFA Jeremy Cash can play S/LB/hybrid nickel and special teams, which Sanchez offers nothing. Also, maybe most importantly, Benwikere was recovering from a serious injury when Sanchez was drafted and even when Boykin was signed. Both are gone and Benwikere is back. I think they'd like Sanchez on the PS but I'm guessing someone claims him.

Thanks for the insight, quick response haha.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
ctrcat":uhse724n said:

Thanks for that. No way he makes it to the PS.. someone will consider him coachable, whether he is or not and pick him up.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I would hope we'd be interested in Jimmy Pruitt as well

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sanchez, surprisingly, cleared waivers and is back on the Panthers PS.