NFC W Pick: Congrats to bigskydoc!!!! He won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlice

Reaction score
In honor of Ringless, I'd like to keep his game from last year going.

Rules: Pick a winner in each NFCW game each week. Rule details are in Post #2.

History: hawksfansinceday1 is our defending champion having won the first game last year.
---

C = Cards, F = Forty-Niners, R = Rams, S = Seahawks, Yellow = perfect picks for the week
Picking an NFCW team to lose is in parentheses.

Attachments

• Hawk NFCW 14.png
    Hawk NFCW 14.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 2,736
OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rules: each week pick a winner for the NFC W games only.

You get 1 point for a win. No points go to losses or ties.

For example if you pick SF to beat LA week 1 and SF wins, you get 1 point.
If you pick the Pats to beat the Cards and the Pats win, you get 1 point.
If any game ends in a tie, no points are awarded for that game.
Not picking anyone in any game gets you no points.
Picks must be made before the game starts.

You can change your picks before any game starts, just please make a new post with your change so I see it.

---

Chart explained.

After your name is your point total for the whole game. The weekly column shows who you picked that week and will show your weekly point total after the week is over.

I'm using C = Cards, F = Forty-Niners, R = Rams, S = Seahawks

If you pick against an NFC W team, then the team is in parentheses, ie. for week 1, picking the Pats shows as (C) and picking Miami shows as (S).

Absolutely feel free to make sure your info is correct in the chart and let me know if there is an error. All facts are backed up with the posts in this thread.

----

My picks for week 1:

LA - Win (SF)
Hawk - Win (Dolphins)
AZ - Win (Pats)

Fade

Reaction score
I like the new and improved scoring system. :2thumbs:

MIA (0-0) @ SEA (0-0)

The Seahawks love to get off to their slow starts. Whether it be to start a season, or to start a game. I think it will be a typical Seahawks game, start slow, make halftime adjustments, play much better in the 2nd half, win.

PICK: SEA

NE (0-0) @ AZ (0-0)

UPDATE: The line moved 6 points. So the public is heavily betting the Cards, but I expect that's enough points for NE to cover the spread, and have the Cards still win.

PICK: AZ

LA (0-0) @ SF (0-0)

Chip Kelly's NFL teams have started fast, then fizzle out come the 2nd half of the season. Then there is the Jeckyl & Hyde Rams who I can't ever seem to get a beat on. If I pick them to win, they lose. If I pick them to lose, they win. The 9ers are going to play hard in game 1 for their new head coach. Apparently the 9ers have used the Kap incident as a rallying cry as well. Jeff Fisher as of yet still doesn't have a contract extension, and will be a lame duck. Even if the Rams foolishly extend him before the week is out. I'm still going with the 9ers because of that new coach smell.

PICK: SF

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":34f2fsp3 said:
LA - Win (SF)
Hawk - Win (Dolphins)
AZ - Win (Pats)

These are my picks for this one (slightly different from the Seahawks.net survivor game).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
S.F. - Win (L.A.)
Seattle - Win (Dolphins)
Arizona - Win (Patriots)

Sorry, Alice. :) I just think that somehow, the 49ers are gonna pull it off.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Seattle beats Miami.
SanFran beats LA (someone's gotta pick this outcome).
Arizona beats NE.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think that Cards-Pats game is going to be really fascinating. I think there are just so many ways it could go given the QB situation at NE. I'm tempted to go Belichek just because he seems to be able to find magic for things like this but I think the Cards will be too tough of a test this early on.

Cards

Seahawks - a bit of a no brainer. Even if I didn't think they would win, I don't see myself not picking them.

The Rams-9ers is interestig as well given the fast start Kelly versus the plays like crap against other team Rams. It should be a Rams win, all else equal, but for some reason all is not equal . . . with either of these teams . . . . I'm going 9ers.

So to recap, Seahawks, Cards, 9ers.

I may open another account just to pick the Pats and Rams too though!

Status
Not open for further replies.