State of the NFC West...

Marvin49

Reaction score
So just figured I'd ask for contributions from fans of all the teams in the West for a post preseason state of the team as the Season looms. My hope is that we can get a similar report for all teams in the NFC West so we can all pay attention to a fw of these players/position groups from every team.

49ers:

So a few people asked me before preseason how I viewed the Niners this year before the preseason. I stated I essentially expected a rebuilding year and was excited to see a number of young players at a number of positions. Well, I have now and below is what I've seen.

WR: Really disappointing. Several players I was really looking forward to seeing but it never panned out. Deandre Smelter? Hurt his hamstring and was waived with an injury settlement. Eric Rogers (CFL)? Torn ACL. IR. Bruce Ellington? Torn Hamstring. IR.

Sigh.This position group is going to be rough all year.

O-Line: If the 49ers surprise some people this year (and I think they might...and by surprise I mean possibly contend for a .500 record), it might be on the strength of their O-Line. O-Line was the weakest position group last year by a longshot and it may have been transformed into a strength. How? To start Jordan Devey and Erik Pears are gone.

Thank. God. Worst right side of the O-Line in the entire league last year. By far.

So...left to right....

LT Joe Staley: Still among the best LTs in the game.
LG Zane Beadles: FA and honestly probably the weakest link on the line now. Being pushed by first rounder Joshua Garnett.
C Daniel Kilgore: a pretty damn good center. His problem though ha been staying on the field.
RG Anthony Davis: Davis returned from year off lighter, in better shape, and focused. He was competing at RT but volunteered to move to RG after he saw....
RT Trent Brown: This guy is kinda the biggest story of the offseason. 7th round pick who couldn't stay in shape in college, but 6'8", 350 lbs with 36 inch arms. This kid has been phenomenal all offseason. Staley says he think he has all the tools to be great. Von Miller named him specifically when asked about linemen he has trouble with. In 41 preseason snaps he has yet to give up a QB pressure.

Now he's young and he's going to make mistakes, but future appears very bright for that kid. Anthony Davis took a look at him, realized how good he was and volunteered to move to RG.

DB: Love some of the young guys here. Robinson looks like he might have a bright future. Up already from combine weight of 171 to 188 and looking to end at about 205. First rounder Jimmie Ward will start and has looked really good. The Safeties look great right now...so much so that they traded who I thought was a good one to Seattle...only for him to fail his physical.

QB: Ugg. Lets just say I'm looking forward to next years draft and leave it at that. :D

Anyway guys, hoping to see what you guys have your eyes on in regards to your individual teams.

Peace.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Awesome thread.

Cardinals:

Offense - Basically every skills player is returning and all 3 RBs are healthy to start the season, a first since BA has been coach. On the OLine, we replace Ted Larson and Bobby Massie with Evan Mathis and DJ Humphries, na improvement at G and unknown, but looking like a physical improvement at RT. At LT Veldheer lost too much weight last year cleaning up his diet and had a down year, he returns 20 lbs heavier and actually moving better. I suspect you will see more of a running game this year than last, and if Palmer doesn't Delhomme, we should again have a top 5 offense.

So, DJ Humpries is the player to watch on offense - everyone else you have seen. He is also one of the guys you want to watch in the post game interviews :)

DLine - strong, not steller, again - we kept 9 with Red Bryant as the sole cut (and he looked good too). No surprises unless Nkemdiche balls out his rookie year.

LB - we gained Chandler Jones, Marcus Golden has been great in camp for his second year - then...eh...

DB - CB2: TBD (this is the position to watch)
Our starting CB competition is Bethel (ST ace with a bad foot), Williams(a converted RB with only 1 year CB experience) and Marcus Cooper (who hasn't been good in 2 years). This may suck.

We lost two smart players in R Johnson and J Powers - but both got burned a bunch last year as their athleticism seemed limited. We brought in Tyvon Branch from KC and DJ Swearinger with Tony Jefferson fill out the safety pool, Honey Badger coming off ACL tear and Peterson is still good.

Our backfield could be awesome or could be out of sync, but definitely more athletic. We also added some ST players that look really good (which may bring our ST up to average).

Just based on roster and coaches, I'm guessing a 10 win season as the floor. If our defense is more physical this year - it will be a lot of fun in the NFC West.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, Marv. How are they addressing the injuries at WR? Has this forced them to keep some guys that you didn't anticipate making the team or cut players that you like in order to make room for wide receivers that they're picking up off of the scrap heap?

KajunNiner

Reaction score
Laloosh":2cj8e4ll said:
Thanks for the post, Marv. How are they addressing the injuries at WR? Has this forced them to keep some guys that you didn't anticipate making the team or cut players that you like in order to make room for wide receivers that they're picking up off of the scrap heap?

They have brought in Jermey Kerley who will start in Ellingtons spot and they also brought in Rod Streater

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":12kuxdsd said:

It forced them to make trades.

They traded OL Brandon Thomas for Jeremy Kerley who will probably start in the slot. That was going to be Ellingtons spot and he'd had a great camp and then tore the hamstring on a punt return.

They swapped conditional 7th round picks in 2018 for Rod Streater from KC.

Starters likely to be Torrey Smith, Kerley, and Patton. Not exactly fear inducing. I'd suspect though that they'll use a lot of 2 TE sets as they like both McDonald and Celek.

QB and WR are by far the most glaring needs going into the season and I'd guess they'll be right there again when the season ends.

The on place where they cut players I like in order to keep them all though is CB where they ended up with 7 because they didn't want to expose 3rd round pick Redmond to waivers before placing him on IR.

RB looks pretty strong though. Hyde, Draughn, Davis, and Harris have all looked like good fits in Chips offense.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Rams:

Offense - starts and ends with Gurley and the offensive line. The OL made strides last year and was an extremely young unit with 4 different rookies getting significant playing time - as well as Greg Robinson who was basically a 2nd year rookie. We managed to give up only 17 sacks last year and run the ball well at times, which were good signs - but the 17 sacks was kind of an illusion as the QBs faced constant pressure. In preseason this year the starting OL was probably the most promising unit (after the DL of course). Robinson played his best football, which is encouraging even if it was preseason.

We're hoping for the passing game to improve through the offensive coordinators/coaches and OL improvement. Rob Boras was named OC in the middle of last season and retained the position for this year: hopefully having a full offseason and a new WR coach/passing game coordinator improves this league worst passing attack. WRs will be an issue as well - all of the significant contributors have a propensity to drop the ball. We will need one of the rookies (Pharaoh Cooper having the best chance) to emerge as a go to guy on 3rd downs. The single biggest weakness of this team was converting 3rd downs last year - if that doesn't change we will be lucky to get to 7 wins.

Defense:

DL should be better than last year. Ogletree and Barron are better than Lauranaitis/Ogletree, but still concerned about their relative lack of size in the run game. Also zero depth behind these guys, which is scary because Ogletree missed most of last year.

Secondary is another scary one. Trumaine Johnson was kept over Janoris Jenkins (which I personally didn't agree with) - the other starter should be EJ Gaines, but he missed all of last year and didn't play much in the preseason. Coty Sensabaugh is not who you want starting, but we've done worse in the past. At nickelback and safeties you have LaMarcus Joyner, TJ McDonald and Mo Alexander - all three guys have struggled in coverage but are good tacklers and/or big hitters. Same with Trumaine Johnson (although he's better in coverage).

This leads me to believe we will continue the maddening trend of playing off coverage to allow short completions, then rely on our secondary to make tackles. This "strategy" had me screaming at the TV on several occasions last year, and IMO does not play into the strength of your team (the DL). We will often employ defenses of varying looks that ultimately have 6 guys rushing the QB with 5 playing off coverage.

For all the talk and talent of this defense, it's only finished top 10 in some categories once or twice - and never in yards. Our floor is probably 5 wins - offense stays the same, injuries on defense expose lack of depth. Our ceiling is 11 wins - passing game improves with coaching continuity and OL play; Gurley tears it up; defense does what they should.

Where I think we'll end up: 8-8 - first 8 win season for the Rams since 2004.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Thanks Ramsfan128 - who do you have behind Gurley (and are they any good)? And a deeper question - are your WRs terrible because of bad scouting or does Fisher do something to them? I can't remember the last WR you had that was above average...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1v157ugs said:
Thanks Ramsfan128 - who do you have behind Gurley (and are they any good)? And a deeper question - are your WRs terrible because of bad scouting or does Fisher do something to them? I can't remember the last WR you had that was above average...

Benny Cunningham is behind Gurley, and he's pretty solid for a 3rd down back. Gurley is capable of being a good WR out of the backfield and a good pass protector, but we bring him off the field on 3rd downs (I think) to limit his usage. He can never play a snap on 3rd down and still easily get 20+ touches. Cunningham has been one of the better kick returners in the NFL the past few years (average yards per return) as well. Behind him is Malcolm Brown, 2nd year out of Texas. He ran very, very well in preseason. In fact, the whole team in general ran the ball well which is very encouraging. Last year it seemed like Gurley was the only reason we had a good run game at times. To answer on how good I think Benny is - on a team like the Patriots or Packers, he could easily be their starting running back IMO. He's in the mold of a Kevin Faulk actually.

About the WRs....ugh. I don't consider Tavon Austin a WR - he's in his own group on this roster of hybrid WR/RB. But he has developed very well. A lot of people will scoff at his contract, but the future of the NFL is $10 million per year for guys that can get you around 1000 yards and 10 TDs, which is about what Austin did last year. I think Tavon on a team with an elite QB would be an absolute nightmare. As it is, last year was the first time since 2006 that the Rams had two players score 10 TDs or more. Considering how putrid our QB situation has been since Tavon Austin came into the league, that kind of shows you why we paid Tavon.

Kenny Britt was supposed to just be a veteran/#2 type of WR. In that role he would be pretty good. Him being our best WR though? Not so good. He will make a few big plays every year and is another guy that might get to fringe 1000 yard range with a better QB, but that's not saying much these days. The other guys currently on the roster are: Pharaoh Cooper (4th round pick), Michael Thomas (6th round pick), Nelson Spruce (undrafted) - all rookies this year. Very excited about Cooper and think he will do well. Then we have Marquez who is undrafted and plays well on special teams.

And then we come to the reason the Rams WRs have been terrible for so long: Brian Quick. From Appalachian State, Fisher knew he'd be somewhat of a project. But they fell in love with his size and athleticism. We drafted him with the 33rd pick - first pick of the second round - and passed on Alshon Jeffery. Trade Quick for Jeffery straight up and our WRs go from bad to good just like that. I'm praying that Quick will be cut - we currently have 7 WRs as a few got injured and may miss the first week or two. He was completely and utterly terrible in the preseason and hasn't shown much in 4 years up to this point.

The real truth about our WRs are - we just haven't invested much in them. We did take Tavon in the first round and took Quick in the 2nd, Stedman Bailey in the 3rd (he was shot in the head last year and is now out of the NFL) - but Tavon was never going to be a number 1 WR type. We took Greg Robinson over Sammie Watkins a few years ago, which may still pan out in our favor - but I think Fisher doesn't value WRs a whole lot. Problem with that is, when you don't have a QB, they need good WRs to throw to.

kearly

Reaction score
It's hard to put much stock in the results of preseason, but the 49ers did look like a new and improved team. If their defense can keep the score respectable, their running game has an excellent chance to finish top 10. Gabbert might be as effective at QB as Ryan Tannehill is. Not good enough, but a little better than his rep. The 49ers WRs do suck, aside from Torey Smith, who just seems like a fish out of water in SF.

Arizona has had a brutal preseason, but with an easy schedule and a mostly healthy roster, they are poised to be just the latest example of why preseason game results are more noise than substance.

Seattle seems to have gone back to their roots this preseason and their depth has looked concernedly poor at times. I was really hoping Seattle would embrace what made them so incredible late last year rather than backtracking to the old ways. And we are scary thin at a few positions, to the point where I think Russell isn't the only injury that could derail our season. Still, a healthy Seattle team is the NFL's best, and I love how their schedule plays out this year.

The Rams are hard to get a read on. In a lot of ways they look better than ever, but QB is a question mark.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, five of San Fran's 11 draft picks didn't make the final roster.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

All eight of Denver's draft picks made the cut. Eight of Seattle's ten picks made the cut (the two to go were the two 7th rounders).

It is frankly astonishing that Trent Baalke remains in a job. At a time when the Niners should be expecting an influx of young talent during a rebuilding year, more than half of their draft picks didn't make the 53 man roster.

And while Marvin is busy waxing lyrical about San Fran's O-line -- they traded up to draft Josh Garnett in round one. A plug in and play, ready made pro guard apparently. He can't even win the starting job vs Zane frigging Beadles.

Baalke -- the gift that keeps on giving (with Jed, of course).

If only someone had foreseen such misery a few years ago (well, at least someone on the list of approved writers).

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":2bd1pqu1 said:
It's hard to put much stock in the results of preseason, but the 49ers did look like a new and improved team. If their defense can keep the score respectable, their running game has an excellent chance to finish top 10. Gabbert might be as effective at QB as Ryan Tannehill is. Not good enough, but a little better than his rep. The 49ers WRs do suck, aside from Torey Smith, who just seems like a fish out of water in SF.

Arizona has had a brutal preseason, but with an easy schedule and a mostly healthy roster, they are poised to be just the latest example of why preseason game results are more noise than substance.

Seattle seems to have gone back to their roots this preseason and their depth has looked concernedly poor at times. I was really hoping Seattle would embrace what made them so incredible late last year rather than backtracking to the old ways. And we are scary thin at a few positions, to the point where I think Russell isn't the only injury that could derail our season. Still, a healthy Seattle team is the NFL's best, and I love how their schedule plays out this year.

The Rams are hard to get a read on. In a lot of ways they look better than ever, but QB is a question mark.

Yeah, the running game has a chance to be special and Gabbert has taken he strides to now be kinda average instead of horrific, but QB is a big problem. My fear all along is that they would to too good to secure a top pick for a QB and I'm thinkin that D and that run O might just push them down to the middle of round one.

Rob12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ohd606ys said:
Unless I'm mistaken, five of San Fran's 11 draft picks didn't make the final roster.

All eight of Denver's draft picks made the cut. Eight of Seattle's ten picks made the cut (the two to go were the two 7th rounders).

It is frankly astonishing that Trent Baalke remains in a job. At a time when the Niners should be expecting an influx of young talent during a rebuilding year, more than half of their draft picks didn't make the 53 man roster.

And while Marvin is busy waxing lyrical about San Fran's O-line -- they traded up to draft Josh Garnett in round one. A plug in and play, ready made pro guard apparently. He can't even win the starting job vs Zane frigging Beadles.

If only someone had foreseen such misery a few years ago (well, at least someone on the list of approved writers).

Brutal, but the truth.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rob12":j1a3tuo3 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":j1a3tuo3 said:

Brutal, but the truth.

Easy. English kinda announces his predictions after they already have happened.

NINEster

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":pkbrv58a said:

It's all perspective really.

SF tends to have more draft picks than other teams year in and year out, so they'll have to cut more than most teams. I believe this year Baalke overpursued on DBs, but his first two picks were solid. As far as Garnett, leave it to a hating 12 to diminish an OL....it's not as NFL ready a transition as say RB, or edge rusher. He was held back from camp because of rules he couldn't attend while finishing up school.

But it's not the first time a 49er first rounder has sucked and unable to replace an older vet. Remember Aldon Smith couldn't hack the starting lineup in 2011.....that lousy #7 overall had to accumulate the 14 sack rookie record as a situational pass rusher. Then when he had to actually start he somehow managed to get more sacks. Go figure.

Seattle is king of UDFAs, but outside of that are not making major dents rounds 2-7 year in and year out under Schneider to the extent that he's regarded as an amazing GM. 2011 and 2012 were dominant Seahawk drafts, but 2013-2015 as an ad for Schneider outside of his UDFA resume I don't know.

In case you think I'm being picky, note that many on here were trashing all of the Baalke drafts during the Harbaugh run. The rest of the league didn't notice because the Niners had a stacked roster, but the good ole 12s saw deeper and perhaps saw right.

BTW, I'm sure your 1st round Ifedi is gonna become the next Jonathan Ogden based on his unwillingness to back down from Michael Bennett. Based on that alone and nothing else, I'm worried about our ability to get to Wilson and stop Rawls.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Who is going to present the Seahawks? I've seen everything from a return to 2012 -2013 form to being so thin that an injury to a key player could derail the season. Where does the truth lie?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":157iammo said:
Who is going to present the Seahawks? I've seen everything from a return to 2012 -2013 form to being so thin that an injury to a key player could derail the season. Where does the truth lie?

I won't do a full analysis, but I think both things are probably right to some degree.

We don't have as much depth at DB as we did in 2013, and if Wilson goes down, we're in a world of hurt.

That said, this team is younger than it has been in years, and many of the distractions of the last two years haven't occurred this season so far. If the team can stay relatively healthy and the O-line can improve to close to average, this team should be in the hunt for the #1 seed all season long.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'll take a stab at the Seahawks analysis, but I'm sure I will leave a few things out.

On offense, the biggest concern heading into training camp was the offensive line. It's no secret that it was bad last year. And then we lost what many people claim to be our two best linemen in Okung and Sweezy (I did not agree with that assessment). Okung was to be replaced by Gilliam, while bargain-bid shopping in free agency for a right tackle (ended up with Sowell and Webb). However, as it stands now, it appears that Sowell has beaten out Gilliam for LT and bumped him back to RT to compete with Webb. Gilliam is currently listed as the starter on the official depth chart, but he hasn't convincingly won the job.

Although the tackles are a question mark, the biggest problem last year was the interior o-line and that appears to be fixed (but looks can be deceiving). Everyone was ready to move on from Justin Britt after failing at RT and LG, but he seems to have found his niche at Center. Mark Glowinski, a 4th round pick from 2015, is the new starting LG and our first round pick this year, Germain Ifedi, is our starting RG. This trio of interior linemen looks capable in pass protection and dominant in run blocking.

In the 2nd half of 2015, Russell Wilson didn't need a good o-line. Pete and Bevell went to a spread, quick-release passing offense that really seemed to work. Unfortunately so far this pre-season it appears they have abandoned that as if it's a last resort. Whether it was by necessity or not, it worked really well, so they should stick with it. Wilson should be poised for his best season yet if he can build off his second half of last year. He's developed great rapport with his receivers, and now gets the speedy Paul Richardson back and hopefully Jimmy Graham back soon.

I expect the running backs to be the real strength of the team. I don't know how well Rawls will bounce back from his ankle injury, but even if he doesn't, Christine Michael seems to finally be living up to his draft hype as an explosive runner. He's done well at hitting the big holes opened up by the interior line. If Rawls does come back 100%, we could easily have the best running game in the league.

On defense, a lot of improvement is expected from Frank Clark now that he's in his second year and will be featured more. We'll see how that plays out, but it hasn't happened yet in the pre-season. We're also excited about the additions of DTs Jarran Reed and Quentin Jefferson. Reed is a pure run-stuffer (may come in handy in this division) and Jefferson is a 5T with the ability to provide some pass rush as a 3T in passing situations. If you buy into "best-shape-of-his-life" hype, which I don't, then expect big things from Michael Bennett. He has promised to be better than ever. However, I expect his usual production this year, not much more, not much less.

At linebacker, we have two good starters in Wagner and Wright, and not much else. Mike Morgan won the starting SLB job. He doesn't have the athleticism you'd like to see in a SAM backer, but he isn't really a liability. His competition in camp was Eric Pinkins, a converted DB that couldn't play the run and is now on IR, and Cassius Marsh, a converted DE that couldn't cover and may have to stick with pass rushing. The depth at all three LB spots is terrible.

The starting secondary should be just like the end of last year after we jettisoned Cary Williams. Lane should start opposite Sherman and move into the slot in nickel situations with Shead taking over on the outside. There was high hopes that one or two of the young CBs would step up, such as Tye Smith or Tharold Simon. That didn't happen, leaving the depth as a vulnerability.

Our starting defense, if everyone stays healthy, has a good chance of leading the league in points allowed for the 5th straight year. But just one or two key injuries could derail that, leaving us in a position to rely on a player of Cary Williams' caliber, and we all saw how that played out.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rob12":3a4dzqbc said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3a4dzqbc said:

Brutal, but the truth.

uh...not so much.

It was FOUR of the eleven picks, three were resigned to the practice squad and another was picked of waivers to the active roster for the Bengals (QB Jeff Driskel).

Not sure how that says a damn thing about Baalke as all the players that were contesting for roster spots and made the roster ahead of those 4 guys were drafted or signed by Baalke as well.

At a time when the Niners should be expecting an influx of young talent during a rebuilding year, more than half of their draft picks didn't make the 53 man roster.

The 49ers have drafted 44 players in the last 4 years. There is no shortage of youth on the roster. There isn't going to be a roster spot for every guy they draft. They know that going in. Thats why they release them and get them back on the Practice Squad. BTW, 4 isn't "more than half" of 11. :shock:

Yup....Seattle cut two guys they drafted in the 7th....and then chose to add two 49ERS to their active roster (Garrison Smith and L.J. McCray). The only reason McCray isn't in Seattle is that he failed his physical (had a torn ACL last year). It would appear Seattle GM doesn't feel quite the same about 49er players and Baalke.

As for the O-Line....lol. Yeah...a guy doesn't start the first game of his career and now he's a bad pick. Not sure where I said he was a ready made pro guard. All I've heard is he's a great run blocker but needs some work in pass protection. Just because a guy doesn't start week one doesn't mean he won't take the job eventually. He also kinda left out the entire rest of the point there about Staley, Kilgore, Davis, and Brown.

On Brown specifically: Check out the 3:55 mark. Von spent 3 days practicing against Trent and then played in a preseason game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-QJqGF ... pp=desktop

Cracks me up tho...I start a thread about everyone commenting on their team and in a thread where I am pretty critical of two rather important position groups English just can't help himself and troll.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":242nbioz said:

SF tends to have more draft picks than other teams year in and year out, so they'll have to cut more than most teams.

Which would be a perfectly fair comment if they'd cut three of their eleven picks and kept eight. In that scenario you've cut more than SEA, DEN and GB but also kept the same number as SEA.

When you have 11 picks and only keep five of them on a bad roster -- no perspective is needed. That's just bad drafting. You don't have a deep roster. This is an ideal opportunity for you draft picks to come and shape the future of your franchise. And you've had to cut 6/11 before year one even begins.

That is remarkable.

As for Marvin -- it's funny he sees my brutal but fair response as a 'troll'. But then I remembered he's the definitive apologist for his team.

Hqdefault

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":qez4a3sa said:
NINEster":qez4a3sa said:

SF tends to have more draft picks than other teams year in and year out, so they'll have to cut more than most teams.

Which would be a perfectly fair comment if they'd cut three of their eleven picks and kept eight. In that scenario you've cut more than SEA, DEN and GB but also kept the same number as SEA.

When you have 11 picks and only keep five of them on a bad roster -- no perspective is needed. That's just bad drafting. You don't have a deep roster. This is an ideal opportunity for you draft picks to come and shape the future of your franchise. And you've had to cut 6/11 before year one even begins.

That is remarkable.

As for Marvin -- it's funny he sees my brutal but fair response as a 'troll'. But then I remembered he's the definitive apologist for his team.

Hqdefault

Math is not your friend.

This is an ideal opportunity for you draft picks to come and shape the future of your franchise. And you've had to cut 6/11 before year one even begins.

Yeah...its also completely false.

They kept SEVEN of eleven. Not 5. Three of the 4 who were cut returned to the practice squad. The only player they drafted no longer on the roster in any fashion was claimed off waivers to the ACTIVE roster of the Cincinnati Bengals. The intent was to sign him to the practice squad as well.

49ers kept:
1) DE - Deforest Buckner
1) OG - Joshua Garnett
3) CB - Will Redmond
4) CB - Rashard Robinson
5) DE - Ronald Blair
5) OT - John Theus
6) WR - Aaron Burbridge

They waived:
5) OT - Fahn Cooper
6) QB - Jeff Driskel
6) RB - Kelvin Taylor
7) CB - Prince Charles Iworah

Cooper, Taylor, and Iworah are now on the practice squad. Driskel would be as well if the Bengals had not claimed him off waivers to their ACTIVE roster.

Why were those guys cut? With Cooper is was a numbers game when Anthony Davis returned from retirement. Driskel? Struggled badly in last preseason game but they wanted to develop him on PS. Bengals claimed him. Taylor? Crowded backfield. Hyde, Draughn, Davis, and DuJuan Harris all played very well in preseason. Taylor needs to put on weight and more seasoning, IE Practice squad. Iworah was a size/speed pick gamble. Also on practice squad and the team had already kept two CBs from this draft alone and SEVEN overall.

So basically you are saying that cutting 3 of eleven is OK but 4 of 11 is a bridge too far?

Its all good to hate the Niners and think Baalke is horrible. Lord knows many Niner fans who actually know what they are talking about think he sucks...

...but dude...at least have a clue. I mean really. Do the math right AT LEAST.

So yeah.
Il 570xN518149660 bc6v