Aikman on Skip Bayles Hire

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ouch.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/troy- ... 09940.html

Troy Aikmen":2v49eial said:
To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless.]

Laloosh

Reaction score
Troy didn't pull any punches with that statement. Good for him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Aikman is just salty over Skip calling him gay in some book he wrote 20 years ago. Not everyone who works in sports media needs to be factual and analytical. Just be entertaining. Skip is good at doing what he does, and the big wigs at Fox know it.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Skip is good at sounding like an idiot, which appeals to a certain percentage of the population. He is the Honey Boo Boo of sports media.

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3kjngcum said:
My opinion of Aikman, which was already positive, just went up....way up.

:ditto:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Despite the fact he's both a bRuin and a Cowboy, I just gained some respect for Aikman. Takes some chutzpah to publicly diss a hiring by the same people who employ you.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Good for Aikman telling it like it is and speaking his mind-especially in an era where anyone voicing any public criticism is usually met with media scrutiny and public backlash.

It also doesn't appear Bayless is respected by anyone.

Rambitious

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":8335gzv7 said:
Good for Aikman telling it like it is and speaking his mind-especially in an era where anyone voicing any public criticism is usually met with media scrutiny and public backlash.

It also doesn't appear Bayless is respected by anyone.

That's because he's a pecker-headed Jackass. ;) ;)

rjdriver

Reaction score
Cojones.

Simmons was canned for less. I applaud Troy for wanting to maintain the credibility of the product by distancing himself from pure shock journalism.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Skip doesn't provide any meaningful insight but to be very honest almost no tv expert does. All I see is guys either hyping up the flavor of the month or repping their own team. At least Skip, while incredibly annoying, gets people talking.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
So Fox has a new employee who gets ratings through his hot takes and feuds and then as soon as he gets there another Fox employee airs him out by reviving a hot take feud?

Free advertising for Skip's new home for days.

Pure kayfabe.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Overseasfan":12lbmdl9 said:
Skip doesn't provide any meaningful insight but to be very honest almost no tv expert does. All I see is guys either hyping up the flavor of the month or repping their own team. At least Skip, while incredibly annoying, gets people talking.
His ratings are hovering around 0.10 (Blutarsky zone!) so guessing he's not getting anyone talking cuz no one's watching.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Skip Bayless wins every time somebody talks about him.

Until people realise this, he will continue to make millions and millions of dollars.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1qkwe9oa said:
Overseasfan":1qkwe9oa said:
His ratings are hovering around 0.10 (Blutarsky zone!) so guessing he's not getting anyone talking cuz no one's watching.

Cuz Fox Sports is a joke, does anyone honestly watch that ish?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
rjdriver":1u2rhmeu said:
Cojones.

Simmons was canned for less. I applaud Troy for wanting to maintain the credibility of the product by distancing himself from pure shock journalism.
What does Aikman have to be afraid of? He'd be picked up immediately and doesn't need the money anyway.

He basically called it like it is and it was GREAT! :lol:

Latest posts