49ers OT Anthony Davis considering retirement again?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Offensive lineman Anthony Davis might be retiring again, only two days before he was to start at right guard in the 49ers season opener Monday night, multiple sources told this newspaper.

A team spokesman would not confirm Davis’ intentions. He is listed as questionable (or 50/50) for the opener against the Los Angeles Rams at Levi’s Stadium.

The 49ers’ practice report Saturday states that Davis did not participate for a non-injury related reason.

Davis did not return a text message seeking comment. The 49ers are apparently trying to convince him to reconsider, a league source indicated.

Davis’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to go on the record with Davis’ status when reached via e-mail.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/10/4 ... on-opener/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Lunatic Fringe known webzone is already going apecrap over this. 8)
Couldn't happen to better fanbase, with the exception of a few classy Niner fans.

drdiags

Reaction score
This is not a good move on his part if he opts to do it. Why cost another guy a job only to flake out within hours of the regular season. He must really have it in for the 9ers. I would imagine the team covered themselves with the contract once he came out of retirement, just in case something like this happened again. I would let him walk and give him his unconditional release. I thought it was his issue with Baalke but I cannot figure out what his motives are.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's a good job they traded back into round one for Zane Beadles' backup.

That dude can now play RG.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Either he's a real vindictive asshole (for Baalke/York), a headcase, or the rumor is false.

Hopefully it's the third because he really is a good football player.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3e6dl9fc said:
Either he's a real vindictive asshole (for Baalke/York), a headcase, or the rumor is false.

Can't it be all 3? :stirthepot:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2now4wtu said:
5_Golden_Rings":2now4wtu said:

Can't it be all 3? :stirthepot:
Lol actually that makes sense. Tonighta different source denied he's retiring, but based his retirement timing originally it's clear he's vindictive, and based in his twitter account he clearly has in the least some maturity issues. So yeah all of them at once makes sense.

rlkats

Reaction score
On some better news. I had a really good bowel movement today. Nice and firm. Oh sorry. This is about Anthony Davis. Um um nope don't care

Hahahahahahaha

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":1e3k74lx said:
On some better news. I had a really good bowel movement today. Nice and firm. Oh sorry. This is about Anthony Davis. Um um nope don't care

Hahahahahahaha
Congrats on the BM cats! :2thumbs:

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":167wjj4e said:
rlkats":167wjj4e said:

Hahahahahahaha
Congrats on the BM cats! :2thumbs:

Thanks bro lol

hawknation2016

Reaction score
rlkats":2z59d44l said:

Hahahahahahaha

I call that "taking a Jed York."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He probably saw the roster and was like.. you know what, I'm good

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2016":po94rtoy said:
rlkats":po94rtoy said:

Hahahahahahaha

I call that "taking a Jed York."
I call it taking a Jerruh Jones. Cowboy fans don't like it when I refer to my poop as Jerruh Jones. 8)
They are a sensitve bunch.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
He's refusing to play guard, LOL. Apparently, he doesn't want any business blocking Aaron Donald. :p

The Chronicle learned he met with team officials after Saturday’s practice and those discussions swayed him to stay with the team.

It appears those talks centered around Davis’ switch from right tackle to right guard during training camp. Davis will no longer play guard, a position he hadn’t played since his freshman season at Rutgers, and will only serve as a backup tackle, NinersNation.com reported. Andrew Tiller, who made seven starts last year, is listed as Davis’ backup on the team’s depth chart.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Sou ... 216004.php

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":csxd5o9w said:
Couldn't happen to better fanbase, with the exception of a few classy Niner fans.

Meh, I'd say Cowboys and Steelers. Once SF got bad, a lot of their really annoying band wagon fans hopped to another team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks46":1fnstr3t said:
Sports Hernia":1fnstr3t said:

Meh, I'd say Cowboys and Steelers. Once SF got bad, a lot of their really annoying band wagon fans hopped to another team.
Those 2 fanbases are right there as well. I work with a Cowboys fan and hear about antique rings and trophys all the time.
Got a feeling a lot on Niner fans are going to be dusting off those old raider jerseys from the back of their closets.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13rp6gy8 said:
Hawks46":13rp6gy8 said:
Sports Hernia":13rp6gy8 said:

Those 2 fanbases are right there as well. I work with a Cowboys fan and hear about antique rings and trophys all the time.
Got a feeling a lot on Niner fans are going to be dusting off those old raider jerseys from the back of their closets.
How are people talking about antique rings band wagon fans? The people who were fans in the "glory years" talking about them today? That's literally the opposite of a band wagon fan.