Big Balls Del Rio

rastahawk

Reaction score
Good move. It totally sets the mood for their season. They've been crap for so long they have to start changing their mentality to believing they can win.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I think Del Rio can get this roster to the playoffs this year - and good for him at being aggressive at his second coaching gig.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like the call too. Especially early in the year against a bad defense and as an up and coming team. That confidence will pay off in spades down the road.

xgeoff

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":tqdb2ff1 said:
I think Del Rio can get this roster to the playoffs this year - and good for him at being aggressive at his second coaching gig.

Yeah, let's see. You have New England, Denver, Pittsburgh and some shitty AFC South Team as the Division Champs. Then challenging Oakland for the wildcard spot you have Kansas City, San Diego and Cincinnati. Hmmm.... I think the AFC West is probably too tough a division for the Raiders to grab a playoff spot. We'll see though. I see Kansas City and Cincinnati as the Wildcards.

Nice win for Del Rio though, love the call.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, the Raiders have a good team.

Carr is a legit top 15 atleast quarterback, I might argue at times he's top ten.

Their defense is improving, Mack is a beast, they just added Irvin. I mean...come on. Good on Jack to go for it, but with the talent they have on both sides of the ball I'd give it a shot on the road too.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Not really gutsy, just a lack of respect for our defense. They haven't earned any.

Fun game to watch though.

mrt144

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":3t4oyrqc said:
Not really gutsy, just a lack of respect for our defense. They haven't earned any.

Fun game to watch though.

And not a lot of confidence in his D. Brees gonna Breese

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
One might argue his dubious decision to go for 2 on the score before forced his hand. If he had taken the single on the previous touchdown a single on the final TD would have been sufficient for the lead. He is playing with fire a bit in my opinion and I would wager more often than not, those types of gambles don't pay off.