Huge loss for AZ

Geologic

Reaction score
That bad snap made the kicker miss the game winner. Makes me want to replace our longsnapper with Clint Gresham.

okhawkfan

Reaction score
I love it. We are ahead of the Cardinals early for once. Let's keep up the momentum and stay ahead of them. I'm tired of chasing them. There is now way they should have lost that game. Patriots are going to be scary when Gronk and Brady are both back.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Geologic":2af0imvc said:
That bad snap made the kicker miss the game winner. Makes me want to replace our longsnapper with Clint Gresham.
It would be nice if he is back for next week.

Barakas

Reaction score
I'm just thankful that we pulled it out in our final minute and won. There is no way we should have been in the situation we were in. This "gift" sure does help us though in the race for the division.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Barakas":9r09qmzm said:
I'm just thankful that we pulled it out in our final minute and won. There is no way we should have been in the situation we were in. This "gift" sure does help us though in the race for the division.

Boo! I'm still trying to understand why Miami went soft zone and left a limping Russell in the backfield to pick them apart?

Of course, I'm also trying to understand why the Cards defense struggles to stop 3rd and 15+ tonight against a team missing about 5 starters on offense.

Though I feel bad for the rookie long snapper - seemed to have a good game and then choked at the end.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":v1h7nfk7 said:
Barakas":v1h7nfk7 said:

Boo! I'm still trying to understand why Miami went soft zone and left a limping Russell in the backfield to pick them apart?

Of course, I'm also trying to understand why the Cards defense struggles to stop 3rd and 15+ tonight against a team missing about 5 starters on offense.

Though I feel bad for the rookie long snapper - seemed to have a good game and then choked at the end.
Miami didn't look good when Seattle went into the hurry up offense for some reason, it's the only time Seattle seemed to effectively move the ball. As for the long snapper situation, I'm hoping we sign our old guy before the Cards do. 8)

Atradees

Reaction score
My wild stab at it has to do with pressure and the quick pass. When Russ is decisive and gets the ball out fast it really helps our offensive line.

dogorama

Reaction score
This was a HUGE loss for Arizona, it was at home w/ no Brady, no Gronk, no starting RB Dion Lewis, no starting LT Solder, no starting RG Cooper, no DE Ninkovich (suspended).

To give some perspective it would be like playing Seattle w/o Russell Wilson, Baldwin, C-Mike, Sowell, Ifedi, and Michael Bennett.

How much chance would you give the Seahawks?

kearly

Reaction score
They lost to Pittsburgh without Big Ben last year. The Cardinals have aren't a bad team but something about their recent run of success has always felt a little fake to me. I guess that plus how they got brutally blown out by Seattle and Carolina. It seems like when the Cardinals have a bad day at the office, they aren't as good at rallying as Seattle is.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If I were a Cards fan -- I'd be concerned that Larry Fitzgerald aside, that was awful last night.

Two TD's gifted from lousy NE turnovers. Palmer could've been picked easily three times. Defense couldn't stop third down and looked weak at corner.

Of course all of this would be all the more enjoyable if Russell Wilson wasn't set to play the season with one leg.

gargantual

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2viur048 said:
Only way it would've been worse for the Cards and better for the Hawks would've been had the loss come against an NFC team.

That's what I was consoling myself with yesterday when it looked like we wouldn't win (in our situation of course).

Luckily if it comes down to a simple numbers game, our win/loss column already beats their's :D

I prefer having THEM chase us for a change!

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1aza5hiz said:
If I were a Cards fan -- I'd be concerned that Larry Fitzgerald aside, that was awful last night.

Two TD's gifted from lousy NE turnovers. Palmer could've been picked easily three times. Defense couldn't stop third down and looked weak at corner.

Of course all of this would be all the more enjoyable if Russell Wilson wasn't set to play the season with one leg.

Adding to that, Palmer looks gun shy as all hell. If someone was within 2 yards of him he was launching the ball. Half of his imcompletions were due to him not wanting to get hit. Against a good secondary that will cost him (I'd rate the Pats above average but not really good).

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I mean, the Patriots even without Gronk and Brady are better than the Dolphins. And the Cardinals looked better overall than the Seahawks did yesterday.

Belichick was still the coach so that was going to be a tough game regardless...and the Cardinals, like the Seahawks, had the outcome of their game ultimately determined by a missed FG.

Seattle made plays to win the game obviously, but there was some luck there and after their first games Arizona looks like the better team to me.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3i0fax23 said:
I mean, the Patriots even without Gronk and Brady are better than the Dolphins. And the Cardinals looked better overall than the Seahawks did yesterday.

Belichick was still the coach so that was going to be a tough game regardless...and the Cardinals, like the Seahawks, had the outcome of their game ultimately determined by a missed FG.

Seattle made plays to win the game obviously, but there was some luck there and after their first games Arizona looks like the better team to me.

I don't know this to be true. Seattle pretty much won it's game the way we've been winning games for years. The offense wasn't as efficient as normal, but I expected that with Miami's defense. They just matched up well with what we want to do.

Statistically, Seattle really didn't do poorly offensively. Defensively we sure got a reprieve with a dropped TD pass. But we did force 7 three and out drives out of 12 total for Miami (one failed 4th down conversion).

We lost the turnover battle. Still managed to force fumbles, but didn't recover them.

Arizona looked better at times offensively. But still looked like a 10th to 20th rated defense.

Not saying everything is rosy up here. But looking at the game a second time -- I'm not seeing it as bad as it looked live either. These kinds of wins are pretty typical for Seattle. The look like pure luck but then we keep replicating that week after week and year after year. It's clearly a situation we're completely comfortable with. And I think it's more of a product of having a suffocating defense. Where a lucky play can seemingly appear to be the lone determining factor in winning. Nothing to get too worried about.

The secondary looks miles better than it did to start last year (even as we finished last year). It could actually be the best secondary we've ever rolled out. I felt the base run D was very stout -- against a team that can put up 150+ on the ground. Also found some unexpected pass rush quality outside of Bennett and Avril which is still something to watch going forward.

A gritty win against a team that is constructed to play a lot like we do.