Browns place RGIII on IR

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sort of asked for it, signing a quarterback that's proven time and again that he doesn't know how to protect himself.

Cad

Reaction score
It does make the FA QB market even more of a mess. Remember, the Romo and Bridgewater injuries scrambled things up, and now Cleveland needs another QB, just as we may be looking for a proper backup, just in case.

hawker84

Reaction score
SMH, I just don't know what to make of this guy. Very talented, but man, guy can't stay on the field. Doesn't learn from any of the previous injuries? When is he going to realize, he's not at Baylor any more. Dudes in this league are just as fast and a whole lot stronger..... Kind of a sad story.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The Browns should just tank this thing the right way. Let Kessler start, eek out two wins, and trade us Joe Thomas for a 2nd contingent on a contract restructure... ah... daydreaming again...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
uncle fester":2zjk5c80 said:
I'm old enough to remember the Browns being relevant in the late 80s......
I'm old enough to remember their championship win in '64 and loss to the Packers in the championship game in '65. Sigh.

CodeWarrior":2zjk5c80 said:
The Browns should just tank this thing the right way. Let Kessler start, eek out two wins, and trade us Joe Thomas for a 2nd contingent on a contract restructure... ah... daydreaming again...
This may not be as far fetched as you think. They've already dumped a boatload of older players. Then again maybe I'm just fantasizing about having an NFL caliber LT.

ivotuk

Reaction score
To think, they traded away the pick that could have landed them Carson Wentz, who beat them handily Sunday.

One of my best friends is from Ohio, and is a Browns fan, I really feel for the guy, but until they get a real front office, they're screwed.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":24vp7nsl said:
To think, they traded away the pick that could have landed them Carson Wentz, who beat them handily Sunday.

One of my best friends is from Ohio, and is a Browns fan, I really feel for the guy, but until they get a real front office, they're screwed.

Lucky for Wentz. I'm sure he will be much better for being on Philly.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":q9lgdyzx said:

A lot of people are going with this narrative today and I am not sure I agree.

They are completely re-building. They got rid of a bunch of veterans and are going with young guys. So you save up money for later years, you build your O and D lines up and then next year you draft a good QB and now you have a bunch of other draft picks plus young guys from this draft. You know you will have an early pick next year again.

Alternative - get a really talented young guy in there, see him pummeled to bits and never recover and even worse - you just put $20 million into him and you are kind of stuck with him 3 more years or maybe heck he even takes you to 6-10 good enough to be out of the top 5 in the next year's draft........

There is a clear upside to their trade if they get a good qb next year.....

kearly

Reaction score
RG3 busted literally, then figuratively, then literally and figuratively at the same time.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2in3zwny said:
uncle fester":2in3zwny said:
I'm old enough to remember the Browns being relevant in the late 80s......
I'm old enough to remember their championship win in '64 and loss to the Packers in the championship game in '65. Sigh.

CodeWarrior":2in3zwny said:
This may not be as far fetched as you think. They've already dumped a boatload of older players. Then again maybe I'm just fantasizing about having an NFL caliber LT.

my bro is a die hard browns fan...he watches every second of their games and says joe thomas is extremely overrated...curses him all the time

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":3l6mv9ku said:
ivotuk":3l6mv9ku said:

A lot of people are going with this narrative today and I am not sure I agree.

They are completely re-building. They got rid of a bunch of veterans and are going with young guys. So you save up money for later years, you build your O and D lines up and then next year you draft a good QB and now you have a bunch of other draft picks plus young guys from this draft. You know you will have an early pick next year again.

Alternative - get a really talented young guy in there, see him pummeled to bits and never recover and even worse - you just put $20 million into him and you are kind of stuck with him 3 more years or maybe heck he even takes you to 6-10 good enough to be out of the top 5 in the next year's draft........

There is a clear upside to their trade if they get a good qb next year.....

Sounds great, but, they have Joe Thomas. And you can't just wait around until you're ready then draft a Franchise QB.

We didn't do that, and I'm glad. They have the makings of an O Line, draft our trade for a running back, and build around your young guy.

They have to play somebody at QB, but it doesn't have to be a rookie.

Their front office guy said he didn't think Wentz wasn't worth the pick. I say he's wrong.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
You never want to see a player hurt and for his fans and the Browns it's a shame he's out. But my gosh this guy's body has become so fragile and the foolish risks he's repeatedly made in games has substantially contributed to his injuries.

On another note I think back to 2012 when ESPN, SI, and countless others were completely enamored w this guy. He was one of the most overhyped players I can ever remember. Subway immediately gave him a huge endorsement while Wilson toiled in the world of the Northwest unknown and ignored.

My how things have changed.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1i2hjgks said:
my bro is a die hard browns fan...he watches every second of their games and says joe thomas is extremely overrated...curses him all the time

Guy is a six time first team all-pro...

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm always rooting for the Browns to become great again, much as I do the Cubs. This saddens me.