Could TB send Arizona to 0-2 with 2 home losses?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I bought real low on Jameis Winston in my work fantasy league. He looked great last week at Atl. Is Arizona realing a little bit after last weeks crushing loss to the Brady/Gronkless Pats?

This years TB team is not to be taken lightly. How awesome would it be to see them stub their toe again and be 0-2 after two "seemingly" winnable games.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3u651qqv said:
I bought real low on Jameis Winston in my work fantasy league. He looked great last week at Atl. Is Arizona realing a little bit after last weeks crushing loss to the Brady/Gronkless Pats?

This years TB team is not to be taken lightly. How awesome would it be to see them stub their toe again and be 0-2 after two "seemingly" winnable games.

It would be terrible - but our secondary is a mess and I do not have a lot of faith in our second year DC either.

I hope I'm wrong, but I picked the Bucs this week, if that tells you anything.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think so. NE is top to bottom a better squad.

They also have the best coaches and game planning in the league.

Tampa Bay......not so sure. They're up and coming, but I don't think they have the defense to really squash the Cards offense.

It's going to be like 28-21 Cards.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm predicting a TB win. But it's based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
AZ can't handle TB's wideouts with their current defensive scheme. Brandon Williams can't be left alone, you have to roll coverage to support him or he'll get eaten alive.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I saw part of the TB/Atlanta game. The Bucs are for real this year! :irishdrinkers:

AZ is more hype from last year than proven, though I expect them to play tough and maybe eek out a win anyway.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I expect AZ to bounceback but if they did drop to 0-2 that would be a gut-punch.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
New England just beat them without five (?) key starters.

Of course the Buccs can do this.

Winston is the real deal. He has some weapons. Their defense isn't too bad.

Whether they do or not is another question -- but it wouldn't be a major shock if it happened. Likewise it won't be a major shock if Seattle loses to TB later in the year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think the Cards D is weaker and Palmer is playing like he's old.The Bucs do have a chance but Atlanta is not as good of a test that the Cards are.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Bucs offense is legit. We are going to have our hands full when we play there.

That being said, no way AZ loses back-to-back home games.

Cards win 31-27.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. People act like New England doesn't have a good defense or talent on offense besides Gronk just because they have Tom Brady. Arizona has too much talent to lose to the Bucs...

Unless... Unless the Bucs are making a real move this year. But I doubt it.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Buccs are a legit developing team -- with a QB primed for at least the second tier of NFL QB's.

Not sure why people are so doubtful that this could happen.

Not sure many people saw a 2-4 start for the Seahawks a year ago -- or 3-3 in 2014.

Plus the Cardinals, yes they're a good team. But they have won a ridiculous amount of close games that could've gone either way over the last 2-3 years. Plus they're a team that lost to the Landry Jones led Pittsburgh Steelers a year ago and at home to the Rams during the weakest part of St. Louis' season.

0-2 is not improbable. Doesn't mean it will happen -- but the Buccs will give them a game and I'm not convinced the Seahawks will beat Tampa Bay later in the year either.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1w2e8d0n said:
I highly doubt it. People act like New England doesn't have a good defense or talent on offense besides Gronk just because they have Tom Brady. Arizona has too much talent to lose to the Bucs...

What was that? Brady didn't play. Arizona lost to a backup qb that didn't have his all pro best weapon. that's the point of this discussion. Is New England talented elsewhere? Of course. But every one in the media was telling me that Arizona was the class of the nfc west..... Just just lost their home opener to a guy taking his first significant nfl snap

Largent80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1jqmpqa9 said:

Do you doubt everything?

Teams do actually make progress, although your team doesn't know it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Week one is always a crap shoot. Teams going up against a new QB, coach or coordinator are at a huge disadvantage. See us, AZ and the Rams last week. It becomes completely unpredictable when you don't have the ability to game plan effectively.

That said I did see some of the game and Palmer looked like he was hearing footsteps every time he dropped back. I didn't see the early part of the game so I don't know how good the NE pass rush was. So I don't know if they got into Palmers head or if he is just not playing with confidence right now but if he doesn't get his mojo back the Cards won't be doing anything significant this year.

You should probably also wonder if this was a huge trap game for AZ. Believing they are one of the most talented teams in the league and expecting a shell of the NE Patriots team very well could have had them looking past the game.

I was wondering about was the officiating though. AZ seems to have a philosophy on broken plays of trying to draw the deep PI. Palmer will chuck it over the head of his deepest receiver instead of throwing it out of bounds. Then the receiver and Arians from the sideline start screaming rape and somehow the flags come out even with blatantly uncatchable balls. I'm wondering if the officiating is catching on to this ploy. I believe AZ did lead the league in PI calls last year helping them in multiple close games.

This week should tell us much more about how good or bad many teams are since there is now tape on every team so game planning is in full effect.

Essentially I don't think you can put much weight in last weeks performance for AZ. That is not to say TB doesn't look very good. Beating a division rival in their house is always difficult and Atlanta always seems to be able to play their division foes much better than everyone else. Kind of like the Rams.

I'd still have to give the cards the advantage but if they do come out and play again like they did last week then we can probably draw some conclusions about how good or bad they may be this year.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2wl4655t said:
Week one is always a crap shoot. Teams going up against a new QB, coach or coordinator are at a huge disadvantage. See us, AZ and the Rams last week. It becomes completely unpredictable when you don't have the ability to game plan effectively.

That said I did see some of the game and Palmer looked like he was hearing footsteps every time he dropped back. I didn't see the early part of the game so I don't know how good the NE pass rush was. So I don't know if they got into Palmers head or if he is just not playing with confidence right now but if he doesn't get his mojo back the Cards won't be doing anything significant this year.

You should probably also wonder if this was a huge trap game for AZ. Believing they are one of the most talented teams in the league and expecting a shell of the NE Patriots team very well could have had them looking past the game.

I was wondering about was the officiating though. AZ seems to have a philosophy on broken plays of trying to draw the deep PI. Palmer will chuck it over the head of his deepest receiver instead of throwing it out of bounds. Then the receiver and Arians from the sideline start screaming rape and somehow the flags come out even with blatantly uncatchable balls. I'm wondering if the officiating is catching on to this ploy. I believe AZ did lead the league in PI calls last year helping them in multiple close games.

This week should tell us much more about how good or bad many teams are since there is now tape on every team so game planning is in full effect.

Essentially I don't think you can put much weight in last weeks performance for AZ. That is not to say TB doesn't look very good. Beating a division rival in their house is always difficult and Atlanta always seems to be able to play their division foes much better than everyone else. Kind of like the Rams.

I'd still have to give the cards the advantage but if they do come out and play again like they did last week then we can probably draw some conclusions about how good or bad they may be this year.

I think the Bucs are for real and I expect them to down AZ, or at very least make it close.

You also can't say enough about Bellichick's ability to back Brady up. Much as I hate him and the Cheatriots, the man knows value QB talent like few ever have.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Wow, color me surprised - wasn't even close and Palmer with another iffy day. The CB Marcus Cooper trade worked out as he had two INT, one a pick-six.