Bills Fire OC Greg Roman

kidhawk

Reaction score
After last night's loss took them to 0-2 they wasted no time in making one change.

Buffalo has fired the offensive coordinator after less than two seasons with the team, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed of the move. Bills coach Rex Ryan has appointed his longtime assistant and running back coach Anthony Lynn to offensive coordinator, Rapoport adds.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000703603/article/bills-firing-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman[/urltargetblank]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Honestly, if you're firing a coach 2 weeks into the season, then you're the one who messed up and should be fired.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
They scored 31 points and the offense is the problem? That is one dysfunctional organization.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":wkzeqb4j said:
They scored 31 points and the offense is the problem? That is one dysfunctional organization.

^^

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":ck90a31g said:

Bingo Bango. Two thoughts. the first is your absolutely right. Offense wasn't perfect by any means, but not the reason they lost. and second. When EVER has firing a coach in week 2 helped?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Didn't the Chargers fire a co-ordinator during the first game? Was a while back...

Also Bills D can't get off the field but the OC gets binned. Can you say 'nepotism'?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
uncle fester":24nz3j1u said:
Didn't the Chargers fire a co-ordinator during the first game? Was a while back...

Also Bills D can't get off the field but the OC gets binned. Can you say 'nepotism'?

Well Rex can't well fire himself or his brother can he?

You guys remember back when Greg Roman was with the niners and supposedly an offensive genius?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3abi7ogq said:

If you watched the game last night, you could see the offense was a problem. They didn't run a play in the RZ until that last garbage-time drive late in the 4th. 7 points came on one long 80 yard pass that Revis gave up. Another long 50+ yard TD was on a scramble play where the WR snuck behind the defense. Another TD was a defensive TD from a fumble, and then there was the garbage time score. Buffalo couldn't manufacture any offense. First downs and time of possession they got killed on.

While I do agree the defense was just as bad, Roman deserves to get fired after those first two games. Very vanilla play calling.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The problem is at the top.

OC fired after helping to mold a career backup QB into a legitimate starter and making the most of Shady McCoy. Watkins has a foot injury and they have no other receivers, but let's blame the offense. Defense, led by their HC and his twin bro, gives up 500 yards to the Jets.

Not a good look for Rex.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1s36rf2l said:

Yep, exactly. And their fans are in a constant state of disillusionment. I have many friends and family who are Bills fans and they were really optimistic about this season. I said to them "Why? How? You have nothing in terms of personnel to be optimistic about".

I mean, if you're excited and optimistic about Tyrod Taylor, you just need to get yourself some help. I would love to see the Bills do well and get to the Super Bowl, but there is no part of this team that is even above average, much less elite.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
If the offense gets worse, especially in terms of QB play by Taylor, we will see that this was a bad move.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Make or break year for Buddy's kids, and they are failing miserably. Feel bad for the Bills fans, they deserve better.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3o15bzo6 said:
If the offense gets worse, especially in terms of QB play by Taylor, we will see that this was a bad move.

And if the offense gets better, especially in terms of QB play by Taylor, we will see that this was a good move.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gowazzu02":28rv9q31 said:
Milehighhawk":28rv9q31 said:

Bingo Bango. Two thoughts. the first is your absolutely right. Offense wasn't perfect by any means, but not the reason they lost. and second. When EVER has firing a coach in week 2 helped?
Not week two, but the Ravens fired their OC in like, week 10 or 11, then went on to win the Super Bowl. Just sayin'.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with Bills fans being optimistic. They finished 8-8 as a very young team last season. The arrow was pointing up for them, but injuries and suspensions have hurt them. Their 1st round pick Shaq Lawson is on the PUP list, their 2nd round pick Reggie Ragland is out for the entire season, and they're without Marcel Dareus for the first four games due to suspension. That's three key players on that defensive front that they're without.

Offensively, they need to add personel. Particularly another WR opposite of Watkins. And they may want to consider adding a true #1 WR, because at this point I wouldn't want to depend on a guy who is never healthy. While I think Tyrod is a solid QB, I don't think he is anything all that special. He does some things that are similar to Russell, but he leaves a lot of plays on the field. He had some bad throws last night, especially the INT that he completely under-threw Watkins on.

This kind of seems like the perfect storm in Buffalo. Everything is going wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Is it really the OC's fault?,I mean you have Defensive head coach who loves long drives to rest his defense.On the other hand you have Tyrod Taylor running your offense and you have to hope for a breakdown by the D.I mean come on lets get real.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2orm8p8n said:
gowazzu02":2orm8p8n said:
Milehighhawk":2orm8p8n said:

Not week two, but the Ravens fired their OC in like, week 10 or 11, then went on to win the Super Bowl. Just sayin'.
Darrell Bwvell doesn't like the implications of your post.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think firing later in the season is one thing, but if you're that quick to pull the trigger, you probably should have pulled the trigger before the season even started.