Ron Rivera is an #$&hat.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The simpering wuss was crying about how disrespectful it was forcing the 'big, bad NFC Champions' to open on the road. I don't remember Pete Carroll b!tching when we had to open at the Rams last season. Guess what, Ronnie? Maybe if you focused on winning instead of excuses, you could beat a team being quarterbacked by a 3rd stringer. No wonder Cam Newton gets away with his petulant act. His coach is just as bad.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...srespected-carolina-panthers-forced-open-road

ctrcat

Reaction score
He's not an #$&hat, he's a good man and good coach. But I actually wanted the opening rematch and disagree with Ron here. It's not the first time he complained on this issue and for whatever reason it bothers him. Cam's head being targeted after going 26 games without a roughing the passer and taking away a franchise DE (and $13+) million strictly for league PR after allowing Hardy to play in week 1 2014 are far greater reasons to lash out at the shield the team still keeps as the 50 yard line logo. He has a reason to complain, just chose the wrong one.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rivera is a good guy, nothing to really see here. If we wanted to get on his case for this, then every other forum would have plenty of ammo on us.

rlkats

Reaction score
Yes he is an #$&hat. You don't hear Chip Kelly and team crying about having a Monday night game then playing the early game in Sunday. I think his paycheck would justify opening on the road.
It's the nature of the beast. At least he gets 10 days off before playing the terrifying niners and their high powered offense attack ( sarcasm ).

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Whining about doesn't set a good example for your team at all
As a parent I would never do that simply because the kids do as the parent does
Another reason to love positivity from pete
Who are the vocal team leaders , I hope for their sake they have a take it as it comes and make the best of it attitude for their own good

NINEster

Reaction score
Rivera should have recognized the reason they were forced to open on the road was the once in a lifetime Super Bowl rematch to start the season. Every year it's a tough guess who plays who, and this had to be the easiest one to predict in a long time.

Had this been the season the Broncos played the NFC West, you could very well have seen a SB 48 rematch with the Seahawks to start the season for the storyline effect.

And yes, the 49ers and most west coast teams get the scheduling shaft worse than the east coast teams. Kinda coincidental that the worst 2 game stretch this season for SF happens to be in Carolina this weekend. This is probably worse than the 2011 Thanksgiving Harbaugh Bowl in Baltimore.

The Niners and Raiders are all but a lock for that 10:20 EST MNF season opener every single year given their Bay Area scheduling conflicts.....the worse of the two teams is forced to play in the midnight bowl.

BTW, just a different take on this:

Wouldn't you as a Panthers fan WANT TO REMATCH the Broncos ASAP?

Damn, I wanted the Ravens so bad in 2013....had to wait three freaking seasons to finally get them.

That was a little weak and lacking in competitive drive on Rivera's part. Harbaugh would have asked the league to have the rematch in July.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":2771rrn4 said:
That was a little weak and lacking in competitive drive on Rivera's part. Harbaugh would have asked the league to have the rematch in July.

While I always thought Harbaugh was an arrogant jackass and borderline insane, I never accused him of being a bad coach (which, indeed was one of the reasons I was glad to see the back of him), or of lacking big cajones. I could totally see Harbaugh lobbying the league to move up the opener, even in jest. Hell, I think he would glady have taken a rematch with the Hawks right after we thumped the Broncos.

Alexander

Reaction score
I like Ron Rivera. He's a good coach, and I have a lot of respect for what he's done. That being said, I am entirely unsympathetic to basically every complaint in that article. Have to go to the West Coast two weeks in a row? Boo-hoo. The West Coast teams laugh at your "suffering."

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's an asshat, but whining about scheduling isn't a good look.

It's been proven that there's a total east coast bias when it comes to scheduling, and most of the west coast teams get screwed by it.

drrew

Reaction score
Whether a team starts home or away should be entirely random.

It's absurd to think that a successful team from one season has somehow earned the right to an advantage the following season makes zero sense. It's a new season, the previous one should have no effect.

Buck up Rivera, whining about this and making excuses is a bad look.

themunn

Reaction score
NINEster":wle77k6o said:
Rivera should have recognized the reason they were forced to open on the road was the once in a lifetime Super Bowl rematch to start the season. Every year it's a tough guess who plays who, and this had to be the easiest one to predict in a long time.

Had this been the season the Broncos played the NFC West, you could very well have seen a SB 48 rematch with the Seahawks to start the season for the storyline effect.

You do know we played the Broncos in game 2 the year after we won the Superbowl right?

Edit: my mistake, it was game 3. A home game to boot

kobebryant

Reaction score
I like Rivera, but he's misguided here.

Seattle lost the Super Bowl and had to play @ STL and @ GB before having a home game. This league tries to drive everyone towards 8-8 with their scheduling.