Rams safety T.J. McDonald charged with DUI

ivotuk

Reaction score
McDonald, 25, has started in all 38 games he's appeared in for the Rams since being drafted out of USC in 2013, and is expected to play Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. Last year, he appeared in 11 games for the Rams before missing the latter part of the season with a shoulder injury that landed him on injured reserve and required surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... d-with-dui

RedAlice

Reaction score
I expect it's prescribed painkillers from his injury. Don't expect this to affect him at all.

It's not a drunk driving incident.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":q72wit6c said:
I expect it's prescribed painkillers from his injury. Don't expect this to affect him at all.

It's not a drunk driving incident.

Hqdefault

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1x1te7m5 said:
Alcohol isn't the only way to impair your ability to drive safely.

Absolutely. I agree with that.

Just clarifying what likely happened here with TJ.

As in: the thread title implied he was drunk driving as that is what a DUI normally means. Just adding info.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i would be a lot more concerned with prescription drug impairment than a night on the town having a few drinks and driving. Could be the start of something bad for him without help...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Not sure this is the case RedAlice, but it feels like you're minimizing it because alcohol wasn't involved. I would sincerely hope I'm misreading where you're coming from.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
A cop's brain isn't the only way to judge if somebody was driving in a dangerous manner.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Theres A stigma associated with DUI that people mistakenly disassociate with other types of impaired driving. It's all the same, because in any case where one isn't thinking clearly, they are driving a 4000 pound chunk of iron that has the capacity to kill a lot of people.

So whatever TJ was on, be needs to be prosecuted for DUI. Hopefully this will be his last incursion with the law.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":2oujujyq said:
Theres A stigma associated with DUI that people mistakenly disassociate with other types of impaired driving. It's all the same, because in any case where one isn't thinking clearly, they are driving a 4000 pound chunk of iron that has the capacity to kill a lot of people.

So whatever TJ was on, be needs to be prosecuted for DUI. Hopefully this will be his last incursion with the law.

Not disputing that both are bad and illegal.

Just sharing facts and that from what we know right now, he wasn't out partying drunk and driving. He was on meds from his injury.

Even though both are illegal and need to be dealt with, partying and driving drunk does seem like a larger behavioral issue to me regarding future issues and character.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":iqd58te9 said:
Just sharing facts and that from what we know right now, he wasn't out partying drunk and driving. He was on meds from his injury.

Even though both are illegal and need to be dealt with, partying and driving drunk does seem like a larger behavioral issue to me regarding future issues and character.

When has anyone implied he WAS out partying and drinking?

Straw man.