What Have You Learned Through 2 Weeks?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here's what I've learned:

Jags and Raiders are still the same old teams we are used to seeing. I don't see either making the leap into the playoffs this season.

Browns are still the Browns. They were up 20-0, and lost 25-20. You do the math.

The Panthers defense is not nearly as good, particularly their secondary.

AFC North will be a battle as usual (minus the Browns).

Denver made the right choice by letting Osweiler walk. Saved a ton of money, and Simien is more than capable of running that offense.

Brady's backup is pretty good, we may find out how good the 3rd stringer is by next week.

Indy might have the worst roster in the league outside of their QB. How Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano still have jobs....i have no idea.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1npg04nn said:
Here's what I've learned:

Jags and Raiders are still the same old teams we are used to seeing. I don't see either making the leap into the playoffs this season.

Browns are still the Browns. They were up 20-0, and lost 25-20. You do the math.

The Panthers defense is not nearly as good, particularly their secondary.

AFC North will be a battle as usual (minus the Browns).

Denver made the right choice by letting Osweiler walk. Saved a ton of money, and Simien is more than capable of running that offense.

Brady's backup is pretty good, we may find out how good the 3rd stringer is by next week.

Indy might have the worst roster in the league outside of their QB. How Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano still have jobs....i have no idea.

They have Darrell Bevells agent.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Rams will look terrible in losing to the Bucs, but then somehow hang with the Cardinals the following week in the desert and win (kicking all FGs, of course), before laying an egg against the Bills. Heading to Detroit, the Rams never have a chance as the thoroughly average Lions beat the Rams to a pulp. The Rams will spend the following week in London trying to figure out if the Giants are a good team or a bad team so that they can decide whether to show up, and ultimately decide they're average - thus leading to OBJ breaking all single game receiving records against us on the way to a 45-9 shellacking.

After the bye, Kroenke is unhappy with the 2-5 record but Fisher notes that the two best teams we played, we beat. Kroenke is made to believe these are signs of progress.

Coming out of the bye we beat the Panthers and now momentum is picking up - but unfortunately the Jets ran into some bad luck and are no longer a "good team" - so we get slammed back down to reality the following week. Returning home for the Dolphins, the Rams are actually favored - so naturally the game is over by halftime. Now at 3-7 the Rams travel to New Orleans, where for some reason nobody gives us a shot to win - leading to an offensive explosion wherein the Rams score their first (5) touchdowns of the season. At 4-7 traveling to New England, no Fisher magic to be had as the Patriots run roughshod over the Rams 38-7 (1 FG and 2 safeties).

The Rams return home to be favored for only the 2nd time this year, playing the Falcons. This time Fisher brings the guys to play as the Rams have been eliminated from playoff contention, thus signaling that the season has actually began for the Rams.

The following week has the 5-8 Rams traveling to Seattle, who sport a 10-4 record and battling for the division. The whole world watches as the Seahawks attempt to play the same way they've been playing all year. At halftime of a physical game, Carroll just benches the entire offense, accepting defeat. Except, this makes Seattle a bad team and thus, their offense explodes for 35 second half points.

At 5-9, we're ripe for the old Fisher special, so naturally we beat up the Niners. The following week sees the Cardinals backups playing and as we're oh-so-close to that 7-9 goal, we play balls out and take it.

Fisher is naturally extended, condemning us fans to 7-9 purgatory forever.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Ramfan128":kd1z5r8i said:
Rams will look terrible in losing to the Bucs, but then somehow hang with the Cardinals the following week in the desert and win (kicking all FGs, of course), before laying an egg against the Bills. Heading to Detroit, the Rams never have a chance as the thoroughly average Lions beat the Rams to a pulp. The Rams will spend the following week in London trying to figure out if the Giants are a good team or a bad team so that they can decide whether to show up, and ultimately decide they're average - thus leading to OBJ breaking all single game receiving records against us on the way to a 45-9 shellacking.

After the bye, Kroenke is unhappy with the 2-5 record but Fisher notes that the two best teams we played, we beat. Kroenke is made to believe these are signs of progress.

Coming out of the bye we beat the Panthers and now momentum is picking up - but unfortunately the Jets ran into some bad luck and are no longer a "good team" - so we get slammed back down to reality the following week. Returning home for the Dolphins, the Rams are actually favored - so naturally the game is over by halftime. Now at 3-7 the Rams travel to New Orleans, where for some reason nobody gives us a shot to win - leading to an offensive explosion wherein the Rams score their first (5) touchdowns of the season. At 4-7 traveling to New England, no Fisher magic to be had as the Patriots run roughshod over the Rams 38-7 (1 FG and 2 safeties).

The Rams return home to be favored for only the 2nd time this year, playing the Falcons. This time Fisher brings the guys to play as the Rams have been eliminated from playoff contention, thus signaling that the season has actually began for the Rams.

The following week has the 5-8 Rams traveling to Seattle, who sport a 10-4 record and battling for the division. The whole world watches as the Seahawks attempt to play the same way they've been playing all year. At halftime of a physical game, Carroll just benches the entire offense, accepting defeat. Except, this makes Seattle a bad team and thus, their offense explodes for 35 second half points.

At 5-9, we're ripe for the old Fisher special, so naturally we beat up the Niners. The following week sees the Cardinals backups playing and as we're oh-so-close to that 7-9 goal, we play balls out and take it.

This may be one of the best posts I have seen. Thank you for the laughter.
Its funny because its so true. It has to be brutal following a Fisher led team. It makes all the whining on this board seem pretty petty.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3mn1mk3a said:
Ramfan128":3mn1mk3a said:

This may be one of the best posts I have seen. Thank you for the laughter.
Its funny because its so true. It has to be brutal following a Fisher led team. It makes all the whining on this board seem pretty petty.

Unbelievably so. I told people on this forum, at work, and my friends - that we would probably beat the Seahawks. I was happy when the game first ended, today though I realize that we are averaging 4.5 ppg, and that this win really means nothing. It's funny to think about, but beating the Bucs next week would represent a lot more progress than beating anyone in the NFC West at this point.

mistaowen

Reaction score
AFC will be led by the Pats again as much as I hate it (I live in the Boston area, I hate all of my friends during football season). It's just amazing how well they scheme on offense. Wouldn't be shocked to see their rookie put up 300 yard 3 TD games before Brady comes back. McDaniels sucked as a HC but thrives as OC, especially with Belichick. Wonder if he'll ever want another HC shot. I see Jets being in WC contention though.

Broncos probably lock down #2, their defense looks great again. Not sure if they could survive a shootout. Steelers look good, that offense is scary. Bengals will be in the discussion but....Andy Dalton. Looks like Texans may take their division, Colts roster disastrous outside of a handful of players. Really thought Jags would improve but they look like hot ham water so far.

No one really looks great in the NFC yet. Vikings and Giants only remaining undefeated teams but I see both finishing around .500. NFC East is a mess and it'll be another 6-10 ---> 9-7 finish for all 4 teams.

Seahawks, Cards, and Panthers still seem to be favorites IMO, Packers offensive struggles started way back last year and continue. This week 3 game for us will be very important though. If they come out and lose at home to the 49ers, another divisional opponent and do nothing on offense, I'll start to be concerned.