I feel for the Vikings...

2_0_6

Reaction score
If AP is truly out for the season with a knee injury, that would be horrible for the Vikings. I have a family member who is from there and he is truly disturbed this evening.

Has a team ever lost its starting QB and Starting RB to knee injuries for the season before week 2 was in the books?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Yeah it has to hurt losing two key players in Teddy and AP. I thought trading for Bradford was wtf move at first, but he seemed to fit in well with them tonight. I think they are definitely in a "win now" place as a team. How long can Bradford hold up under that horrendous O-Line though? Asiata and McKinnon played pretty well the year AP was out, so I think they at least have some decent RBs to fall back on. If AP is out for the year, I could see them signing another RB or promoting CJ Ham off the practice squad.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is actually funny.

We all wrote off the Vikings as soon as Teddy got injured but they might have a better shot than we do.

I feel like our team this year is like those Packer teams 2-3 years ago. Their fans were convinced they had a shot because they had such a great QB but we all knew they didn't have a chance because their OL was flawed and their team had so many holes.

Meanwhile the Vikings look better, save for the loss of their RB.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
The loss of AP really won't affect them as much as people think. They have a good back up with McKinnon and Asiata. Their D is easily top 5 this year, and with Bradford they actually upgraded (I threw up a little in my mouth typing that).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OkieHawk":dqajngnd said:
I think that the Vikings will actually do better without AP.

I disagree here...

Teams have been stacking the box to stop AP. Bradford being a quality QB tore up the Packers when they did. So, stop AP but give up Diggs.

Now, teams won't be putting 8 and 9 man fronts up there. Vikings will have to adjust on offense

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3q4fb5ca said:
It is actually funny.

We all wrote off the Vikings as soon as Teddy got injured but they might have a better shot than we do.

I feel like our team this year is like those Packer teams 2-3 years ago. Their fans were convinced they had a shot because they had such a great QB but we all knew they didn't have a chance because their OL was flawed and their team had so many holes.

So this is about the Seahawks?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1nx9yx86 said:

I disagree.

Until' one of his backups can prove they are legitimate 100+ yard per game rushers, Bradford will fall back down to earth and look like the draft bust he is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":16db2to2 said:
So just me then that thought he looked done before the injury?

Top back last year. He was running inton9 man fronts. Bradford would have helped loosen things up for him

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
The Vikings had to make a move once Teddy went down fully knowing that AP's window was closing fast. It will be interesting to see what they do with him next year, I believe he is owed somewhere near $18 million.

Threedee

Reaction score
As long as they have Diggs (plus Rudolph and Co), they have a threatening office. I feel as though Thielen is wide open on every reception he makes.

The reserve backfield, as previously mentioned, is deep.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wb48swh0 said:
OkieHawk":wb48swh0 said:

I disagree here...

Teams have been stacking the box to stop AP. Bradford being a quality QB tore up the Packers when they did. So, stop AP but give up Diggs.

Now, teams won't be putting 8 and 9 man fronts up there. Vikings will have to adjust on offense

They didn't stack the box after he left, and they (GB) still got tore up. There won't be much adjustment, book it.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2os47gln said:
It is actually funny.

Give it a rest dude. You are like a stuck record.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OkieHawk":y0bj7xw4 said:
Uncle Si":y0bj7xw4 said:
OkieHawk":y0bj7xw4 said:

I disagree here...

They didn't stack the box after he left, and they (GB) still got tore up. There won't be much adjustment, book it.

they certainly did. the big play to Diggs to expand the lead was with a stacked box.

Once AP went out, the Vikings did not score a point, did nothing if significance.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hzjs0ppb said:
OkieHawk":hzjs0ppb said:
Uncle Si":hzjs0ppb said:
OkieHawk":hzjs0ppb said:

I disagree here...

they certainly did. the big play to Diggs to expand the lead was with a stacked box.

Once AP went out, the Vikings did not score a point, did nothing if significance.

Dammit, you're correct as I've just went over the drives of the game from the fourth quarter. I still don't think that they'll do much as far as offensive adjustments go though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
In all honesty Okie I kind of hope they do. They've got a lot of young, talented receivers, great TE and great D. They could afford to use the running game to set up the pass (like New England does). I do feel they will have to a little as I'd suspect Carolina will drop into a 4/5 man front and see what Bradford can do.

I do agree that losing AP may help them, only because other teams will change focus a little.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zu37tq7 said:
In all honesty Okie I kind of hope they do. They've got a lot of young, talented receivers, great TE and great D. They could afford to use the running game to set up the pass (like New England does). I do feel they will have to a little as I'd suspect Carolina will drop into a 4/5 man front and see what Bradford can do.

I do agree that losing AP may help them, only because other teams will change focus a little.

I've always thought that while AP is a phenomenal back, he's actually hindered the Vikings for quite some time. They've been fairly one dimensional with him (hard not to be though) and this will allow them to actually play complete football.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bridgewater was not a very good QB. Accuracy was bad and anything downfield was a mess. Although the price was too high I think Bradford is better if he can stay healthy for 10 minutes.