And we thought our refs were bad.

Laloosh

Reaction score
What, an easy schedule isn't enough help for the packers?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wonder how many crap calls the NFL Is going to admit to, in the Seattle/LA game, at least 5 against Seattle and at least 4 against LA. Hawks Sowell had at least 3 false starts that were not called and Seattle had 3 phantom OPI's against it. I don't expect an honest admission of a multitude of errors by the zebras from the NFL, as they are still bitter the screw job that was XL* still gets thrown in their face from time to time.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I saw that the other day. It really makes me feel bad for the Jags. They got hosed in what could have been a great opening day win for that franchise. Could have really set the tone for their season. Now, well, it has set the tone for their season, just not a good one.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Story was released a little over an hour before the kickoff of Sunday's 10 AM PST games as well. What a joke.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I watched that game.

The Jags got screwed.

They had a legit opportunity to beat GB, and given how the offense was producing and defense holding, would have.

Any time that the Jags started to build a fire, the refs stomped it out.

I sort of expected the Jags to lose, so it was weird to see them holding their own but that made the machinations of the referees that much more obvious & egregious.

It is going to matter later when GB has a record that is not fairly won. They should be 0-2 right now. The Jags should be 1-1. That makes a big difference in keeping players motivated because it avoids the perception of 'same-old, same-old' the Jags have to fight - and it is going to give GB an advantage for a playoff slot later.

Disappointing but par for the course with the NFL lately.