Browns sign Clipboard Jesus!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Do they have a prayer? 8)

"Clipboard Jesus" has risen once again.

Every game, all season

Charlie Whitehurst is signing with the Cleveland Browns, per his agents at SportsTrust Advisors. The Browns will mark Whitehurst's fourth team in as many years, as the journeyman made stops in San Diego, Tennessee and Indianapolis from 2013-2015....

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I am nearly certain that the nickname "Clipboard Jesus" originated on these forums. Good to see that it has worked its way in to the collective consciousness of nfl.com's writers.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":a7yd0yg3 said:
I am nearly certain that the nickname "Clipboard Jesus" originated on these forums. Good to see that it has worked its way in to the collective consciousness of nfl.com's writers.

San Diego fans called him Clipboard Jesus before we did IIRC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CBJ fun fact: CBJ has a higher QB rating and higher TD/INT ratio the Hugh "the genius" Millen had in his NFL career. 8)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well, ole Whitehurst has at least had a steady career the past decade. 34, he's still in the league and has had a better NFL career than his dad did.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Smartest dude in th league. He has played for a decade, made a crap ton of money and will have every bit of his health when it's all said and done.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2q5mkxlq said:
And another QB is signed off the street not name Tjack
I've got to think there's more to it than meets the eye. Maybe he's undergoing some kind of counseling with his wife for that incident this summer. It just doesn't add up. He's heads and shoulders a better player than Whitehurst.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2559feyb said:
Hawk_Nation":2559feyb said:
And another QB is signed off the street not name Tjack
I've got to think there's more to it than meets the eye. Maybe he's undergoing some kind of counseling with his wife for that incident this summer. It just doesn't add up. He's heads and shoulders a better player than Whitehurst.

Nope. T-Jack is maybe slightly better than Tebow. Seattle's D, Marshawn Lynch, a line made of actual O-linemen, and he got 7 wins? :177692:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
How great would it be if clipboard Jesus led a comeback against the pats? Googling weather report for hell right now, hoping for freezing temperatures.

mikeak

Reaction score
3/7 right now. Doubt he will lead anything but he keeps making good money - can't blame him. He is stil 60-90th best at doing his job in the entire world and I think we sometimes forget that with QBs and call them crappy....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":j5bulii6 said:
How great would it be if clipboard Jesus led a comeback against the pats? Googling weather report for hell right now, hoping for freezing temperatures.
30-7 Pats. Still very hot in hell.

Will Browns win a game this year? Starting to have my doubts.