Read this today, Can we talk Ray Rice again

zchurch74

Reaction score
I read this today and made me think. Why are we chasing guys with no real experience. Why not bring Ray Rice in for at least a work out if we have any questions at RB. In my opinion he can offer a lot more then any of these guys mentioned and may help more then our current back ups on the roster.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... mas-rawls/

Seymour

Reaction score
You may want to watch his elevator video and that should answer your question. The guy is black balled from the NFL and will never see the field again. Also, not enough upside to even consider given the circumstances.

chris98251

Reaction score
Even if he were being entertained he is far enough removed from being in football shape it would be a wasted effort especially at his age.

KillerB

Reaction score
Largent80":ftw75msp said:
Fried Rice is better than Ray.

Sort-of the same thing. Rice was cooked before he ever sucker-punched his fiancee. Nothing left as a player or person.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ray Rice is out of football because he's not any good anymore. The bad PR that comes with signing him is just icing on the cake.

Essentially the same reason no one wants to touch Tebow, even as a 2nd/3rd string QB. The media circus doesn't match the skillset you're getting. Also the same reason Adrian Peterson and Greg Hardy didn't have problems returning to the game.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Look, what rice did was horrible. And I agree that he was done before that dv happened. But I have to say, out of all the pro sports players and people I know from real life, he showed the highest level of contrition that I have seen. Not only did he go through the required classes and such, but he went above it. He has spent money to spread awareness. He has met with leaders of the woman rights movements, and has impressed them. Again, what he did was unacceptable. I am speaking from a position of experience. Not only was I physically and mentaly abused, I was sexually abused as a child. My mother was also. I normaly would not divulge this info, but due to a certain level of anonymity, I did. I bring this up to say, I hate domestic abuse and the abusers. But he is the one person I have seen that deserves a second chance. Maybe not so much on the football field as in life.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":25s011a2 said:
Look, what rice did was horrible. And I agree that he was done before that dv happened. But I have to say, out of all the pro sports players and people I know from real life, he showed the highest level of contrition that I have seen. Not only did he go through the required classes and such, but he went above it. He has spent money to spread awareness. He has met with leaders of the woman rights movements, and has impressed them. Again, what he did was unacceptable. I am speaking from a position of experience. Not only was I physically and mentaly abused, I was sexually abused as a child. My mother was also. I normaly would not divulge this info, but due to a certain level of anonymity, I did. I bring this up to say, I hate domestic abuse and the abusers. But he is the one person I have seen that deserves a second chance. Maybe not so much on the football field as in life.
Thank you for the honesty of that post Jimjones. I'm sorry you had to endure such brutality. It's sickening.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":3tq55u3n said:
mikeak":3tq55u3n said:
Prior to the 2012 draft, John Schneider made his stance on domestic abuse clear.

"Suffice it to say, we would never, ever take a player that struck a female, or had a domestic dispute like that, or did anything like that,’’

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/2/8538 ... c-violence

So he found Frank Clark more innocent than Greg Hardy?
Have a read at what went off that night or stfu.

NINEster

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2lljzf1n said:
NINEster":2lljzf1n said:
mikeak":2lljzf1n said:
Prior to the 2012 draft, John Schneider made his stance on domestic abuse clear.

"Suffice it to say, we would never, ever take a player that struck a female, or had a domestic dispute like that, or did anything like that,’’

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/2/8538 ... c-violence

So he found Frank Clark more innocent than Greg Hardy?
Have a read at what went off that night or stfu.

CTRCAT would post similar things about Greg Hardy and didn't get the benefit of telling anyone to STFU.

Quite honestly I don't know or care for either situation.

But I do know for a fact that if the Niners drafted Clark themselves, there would be a lot of trash talking here. FACT.

And is STFU allowed in the non shack, BTW?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seymour":279hwuvg said:
You may want to watch his elevator video and that should answer your question. The guy is black balled from the NFL and will never see the field again. Also, not enough upside to even consider given the circumstances.
Yeah his career is over. Poor wife stayed with him and tried to convince the world he'd changed so he could go make millions again.