The Disappearance of Justin Blackmon

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
https://theringer.com/the-disappearance-of-justin-blackmon-9823f0376c98#.k5y4l3n98

Such a sad story. I remember Blackmon in college. He really was a truly dominant receiver. Even during his short time in the NFL, he was proving that, despite bad QB play. He seemed like a low key, genuinely good, smart guy. His relationship with the little girl battling leukemia and her family was very touching. Like the article brings out, he was Dez Bryant with all the brains. Just goes to show that even people with the best of intentions can make terrible mistakes. I really hope he can get back on the right path and resume his career some day. It's very, very sad that we haven't been able to witness him as a top flight receiver in this league.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not big into psychiatrists as often times I think they are over used, but in this guys case I think one is needed if he isn't already receiving that help. Sad story, seems like a good guy with some serious mental issues.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Obviously the most important thing is him as a person. Hopefully he gets himself right.

I was so bummed when the Jaguars traded up in front of the Rams to draft Blackmon...in hindsight we may have dodged a bullet

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2yijn7k1 said:
Obviously the most important thing is him as a person. Hopefully he gets himself right.

I was so bummed when the Jaguars traded up in front of the Rams to draft Blackmon...in hindsight we may have dodged a bullet

It's okay, you found plenty of other ones. :mrgreen:

Rat

Reaction score
Imagine the Jags with Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Julius Thomas, and a healthy Blackmon. That would be insane.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Watching those highlights, wow does Weeden throw a pretty ball. One would think he should've been at least a journeyman level QB in the league.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":35jkvyh3 said:
Ramfan128":35jkvyh3 said:

It's okay, you found plenty of other ones. :mrgreen:
True but Jeff Fischer is clearly bullet proof.