Bruce Arians, Ron Rivera, welcome to what Pete........

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cards and Panthers, welcome to the world of the hunted. You guys were the plucky under dogs who made it big last year, both of you outlasted the back to back NFC Champs last year.

This year, your not sneaking up on anyone. Quite the opposite, you get to feel what its like to get everyones best shot. Welcome to dealing with what the Hawks have been dealing with since we won the ship.

Also, your players are in commercials, getting paid, reading press clippings.....

Fade

Reaction score
gowazzu02":8u30k0ow said:
Cards and Panthers, welcome to the world of the hunted. You guys were the plucky under dogs who made it big last year, both of you outlasted the back to back NFC Champs last year.

This year, your not sneaking up on anyone. Quite the opposite, you get to feel what its like to get everyones best shot. Welcome to dealing with what the Hawks have been dealing with since we won the ship.

Also, your players are in commercials, getting paid, reading press clippings.....

Truth.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Pretty sure somewhere Rivera is whining that it's not fair.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3spczm0z said:

true, to a degree

I wouldn't say the Panthers outlasted Seattle last year...outlasted implies sneaking past Seattle. if Minnesota had made the chip shot field goal, than yeah.

Carolina looked awful yesterday, but unlike most of the fanbase I'm not freaking out. They lost to Denver by a missed field goal, in Denver. And Minnesota could very well be the class of the NFC at this point in time. Their defense looks like the best in the league right now. The next three games will really show you what Carolina is about this year.

Now Arizona? I didn't see the game yesterday but it appears their ship may have sailed.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2at9ag4k said:
gowazzu02":2at9ag4k said:

true, to a degree

I wouldn't say the Panthers outlasted Seattle last year...outlasted implies sneaking past Seattle. if Minnesota had made the chip shot field goal, than yeah.

Carolina looked awful yesterday, but unlike most of the fanbase I'm not freaking out. They lost to Denver by a missed field goal, in Denver. And Minnesota could very well be the class of the NFC at this point in time. Their defense looks like the best in the league right now. The next three games will really show you what Carolina is about this year.

Now Arizona? I didn't see the game yesterday but it appears their ship may have sailed.

Carolina got disected at home. The book maybe out on Newton. Interesting to see how he bounces back.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1prdrkfe said:
Cary Kollins":1prdrkfe said:
gowazzu02":1prdrkfe said:

true, to a degree

Carolina got disected at home. The book maybe out on Newton. Interesting to see how he bounces back.

I'll start worrying when it happens against a team that doesn't have one of the top defenses in the league.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":15eiepqn said:
gowazzu02":15eiepqn said:

true, to a degree

I meant outlasted in the most literal way I could. Both of them made it atleast one game further then the Hawks, Obvi Carolina made it two games further.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Arizona,Carolina you guys are the hunted like we have been the last 3 years and you can deny it but we have all lived it here so we know.I think Carolina has a much better chance this year than Arizona if that means much because you still have to do it(get to playoffs).You say next 3 will tell but what happens if Cam goes?(8 sacks) and thats not our OL line!I appreciate your being calm ect about it though.We will see how it goes through the whole rest of the year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This forum cracks me up sometimes. "The book may be out on Newton," what does that eve mean. So he lost a game or two this season, big deal. Was the book out on RW last year when we started 0-2? No. We just lost a couple tough games.

Newton and the offense will be fine. I think their main worries are their defense isn't nearly as strong as last year, and they have a big hole at RB with Stewart out.

But to say the Panthers are falling apart and the league has Cam figured out is completely premature only 3 games into the season.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3064p4ke said:
This forum cracks me up sometimes. "The book may be out on Newton," what does that eve mean. So he lost a game or two this season, big deal. Was the book out on RW last year when we started 0-2? No. We just lost a couple tough games.

Newton and the offense will be fine. I think their main worries are their defense isn't nearly as strong as last year, and they have a big hole at RB with Stewart out.

But to say the Panthers are falling apart and the league has Cam figured out is completely premature only 3 games into the season.

I simply meant that the book is out on how to attack him. JUST like we all know the book on how to attack our defense. It's not a derogatory term, or meant to diminish him. But in 3 of his last 5 games he's been subpar per the standard he set for himself last year while winning the MVP

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ui660j6 said:
Hawk-Lock":1ui660j6 said:

I simply meant that the book is out on how to attack him. JUST like we all know the book on how to attack our defense. It's not a derogatory term, or meant to diminish him. But in 3 of his last 5 games he's been subpar per the standard he set for himself last year while winning the MVP

Understandable. I honestly wouldn't look too much into Cam's struggles. The three games you mentioned him struggling in were against really great defenses. Most any QB will look bad against Denver. Minnesota's defense looks for real too. Cam and the Panthers will be fine. I still think they need to worry about their defense more than their offense. The Niners hung 27 on them last week. Not good.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Looking at the Arizona highlights it appears that they had a hell of a time stopping the run game and read option between McCoy and Tyrod Taylor.

Palmers picks seem to be near the end when he was trying to force things to happen.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":cj6mimli said:

Good post. I remember in 2013 after an awful 2nd half in Arizona lead to a 1-3 start, many uninformed were calling Cam a bust and I said I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Like that 2013 Panthers/Cardinals game, Cam was amazing in the first half yesterday and they should have been up two or three scores at the break. They weren't, and that's part of the game. And they were whipped in the 2nd half, and that's part of the game. But Cam isn't going anywhere.

Boycie

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1mvaxvy0 said:

I'm not discounting Carolina, or Arizona yet, because I think both of these teams get it sorted out, but it is sure weird how they both have gotten off to a very slow start.

I would feel like whole conference would have been wide open if it were not for the Vikes. Could they be for real?

Boycie

Reaction score
ctrcat":n1is0ssv said:
Hawk-Lock":n1is0ssv said:

Good post. I remember in 2013 after an awful 2nd half in Arizona lead to a 1-3 start, many uninformed were calling Cam a bust and I said I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Like that 2013 Panthers/Cardinals game, Cam was amazing in the first half yesterday and they should have been up two or three scores at the break. They weren't, and that's part of the game. And they were whipped in the 2nd half, and that's part of the game. But Cam isn't going anywhere.

I did tell you that you that the SB hangover was real though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2j2xbr70 said:
Hawk-Lock":2j2xbr70 said:

I'm not discounting Carolina, or Arizona yet, because I think both of these teams get it sorted out, but it is sure weird how they both have gotten off to a very slow start.

I would feel like whole conference would have been wide open if it were not for the Vikes. Could they be for real?
Their defense is for sure. But man, I just can't seem to say "Super Bowl QB Sam Bradford".

Boycie

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1226oij2 said:
Ace_Rimmer":1226oij2 said:
Hawk-Lock":1226oij2 said:

Their defense is for sure. But man, I just can't seem to say "Super Bowl QB Sam Bradford".

I know, but defense wins championships, and they look unbelievable. All SB has to do is not crap the bed, and he has a shot at winning every game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2jad51dm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2jad51dm said:
Ace_Rimmer":2jad51dm said:
Hawk-Lock":2jad51dm said:

I know, but defense wins championships, and they look unbelievable. All SB has to do is not crap the bed, and he has a shot at winning every game.
But it's Bradford so................let's just say I'm still reserving judgement.